Which team goes furthest, England or Belgium?

Haguey

Who goes furthest?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes furthest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/18 at 17:30

It wasn't true hoofball but it did feel like England were forced to go back to Pickford to boot it clear an awful lot. And it was quite nervy if they tried to play out a bit.

I'm not sure I agree with Tripper's free kick making it look that much better, England genuinely looked more likely to score than Croatia until half time. After that, less good.

They bottled it tbh.

It's easy to hide, to not show for the ball, no one available the keeper has to kick it long. Into the 2nd half no one wanted responsibilty on the ball, keeper kicking it long removes that responsibility and contest the ball higher up, obviously, big chance you lose possession too.

We totally went against how we'd been trying to play and that was disappointing. I think that was also nerves taking over but Southgate should have sorting that out from the sidelines.

I think after the 1st half we were totally in the driving seat but it was always about how they dealt with the 2nd half and I think it was too much anxiety, we need to get over that, we have to be more comfortable on the ball and more confident.

18 hours ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Brutally succinct quote from Šime Vrsaljko "The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven't. "

The guy who just kicked everyone and rolled around like an utter embarrassment? Why post a quote from him like its a respectable quote. I watched the game i already know what happened.

39 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

The guy who just kicked everyone and rolled around like an utter embarrassment? Why post a quote from him like its a respectable quote. I watched the game i already know what happened.

The guy who overcame a big injury doubt to play great in 120 minutes and set up the equaliser. Maybe you watched the wrong game?

Archived