Cancelling agreed transfers

Hi, is it possible to cancel a transfer as i keep trying to sign youth players but for some reason there join date is in 3 years time.. or 2 years time like i dont remember asking to sign a player in 3 years time :lol:. Is this something the other club changes and i've not realised?

Got like 10 players joining over the next 3 years which i want to cancel as it stupid.

8 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Are they South American? I'm pretty sure that there is a minimum age before they are allowed to leave their home country but I don't know the details.

This is correct. Several countries has rules in place that players can't leave until they're at a certain age. Also, you can't cancel your transfers because you've already agreed to them.

19 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Are they South American? I'm pretty sure that there is a minimum age before they are allowed to leave their home country but I don't know the details.

10 minutes ago, Tullekunstner said:

This is correct. Several countries has rules in place that players can't leave until they're at a certain age. Also, you can't cancel your transfers because you've already agreed to them.

Thanks for the reply, some of them are French, few Spanish, a Brazilian and an Aussie.

The 16 year old is from Germany and he's the one not joining till 2023 which is in 3 seasons so he'll be 19? To me that doesn't make sense as i've signed younger Germans before and they've just signed straight away but realistically the player who i thought i was signing could decline massively, he might not get played so seemed a bit bollocks to me :lol:

It's actually an international rule. You can't sign players based abroad until they turn 18. The exception is if both clubs are inside the EU, in which case they can move at age 16.

I'm guessing in your game the UK has left the EU, which means while you previously could have signed 16 year old Europeans, you'll now have to wait until they're 18 (and then for a transfer window to open, so they may be 18 and several months before they can move). This should be noted when you make a transfer or contract offer, as well as before you complete the transfer. If you've already agreed it, there's no way to cancel - you're taking a gamble. You could wait until they're old enough to complete the transfer, but by then they may have failed to develop meaning you don't want them, they may have got better and command a much higher price, or they may move to another EU club who don't want to sell him or he doesn't want to leave.

The potential transfer date is shown in the information on the initial bid screen. I'm fairly sure there's a give away in the contract screen. And then when a message comes up in your inbox to confirm the transfer, it once more tells you the date that the transfer will happen before you click 'accept'. So if you don't want to wait, there's numerous opportunities to pull out of the deal. Once you click 'accept' though, then there's no going back and all that's left to do is to hate yourself for not paying attention.

Il y a 7 heures, Spurs08 a dit :

It's actually an international rule. You can't sign players based abroad until they turn 18. The exception is if both clubs are inside the EU, in which case they can move at age 16. 

On thing to note : in game, it also happen with unsigned player (free) players based abroad...

For exemple, the french team i'm managing as signed a scottish and an azeri  prospect that was free (no club) and i had to wait for him to be 18 to transfer to the club...during this period, i could still put him on trial (so that he is training), but i can't loan him to my affiliates...

I still think it's doesn't make real sense : if the player is free, surely he should be able to move to France, and sign as a free player, no?

20 minutes ago, Cyp said:

On thing to note : in game, it also happen with unsigned player (free) players based abroad...

For exemple, the french team i'm managing as signed a scottish and an azeri  prospect that was free (no club) and i had to wait for him to be 18 to transfer to the club...during this period, i could still put him on trial (so that he is training), but i can't loan him to my affiliates...

I still think it's doesn't make real sense : if the player is free, surely he should be able to move to France, and sign as a free player, no?

It doesn't make sense in that particularly scenario but the reality is different.

Youngsters can't sign contracts, so without there being an arbitrary blanket ban on the movement of players, all that would happen is at the day of signing terms a player just goes:

"Actually I'm not signing, I'm off to Club X because I'm a free agent,"

It's not perfect, but its the only way to stop clubs from tapping up youngsters. The things involving young footballers are often shady to the extreme. Not long back Liverpool got into a bit of trouble for poaching a lad from Stoke, who essentially did just this, after having been at the Stoke academy for a number of years just decided he was jacking it in and going to Liverpool. This was because Liverpool had offered to put him through a pretty decent private school. Liverpool couldn't sign him, and he was then going to a private school with no one actually footing the bill - so it came back on his parents. Stoke couldn't take him back because it was all still on-going. How it ended never made the news, but the lad spent something like over a year not being able to play football for any club at youth level

I perfectly understand the necessity for these rules IRL.

The problem of the rights of young athletes is important and is ethically difficult considering that well, child labour is prohibited, and that a lot of young talented players are considered by some parasites/conmen like a way to make money.

About the game :

I can also rationalize the reason why my youngsters are prohibited from playing in game (just have to imagine they were playing for a very minor team that isn't in the db)...But then there is the whole intake situation ( you can get foreigners from foreign club from your intake...) which doesn't make sense.

8 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

I'm guessing in your game the UK has left the EU, which means while you previously could have signed 16 year old Europeans, you'll now have to wait until they're 18 (and then for a transfer window to open, so they may be 18 and several months before they can move). This should be noted when you make a transfer or contract offer, as well as before you complete the transfer. If you've already agreed it, there's no way to cancel - you're taking a gamble. You could wait until they're old enough to complete the transfer, but by then they may have failed to develop meaning you don't want them, they may have got better and command a much higher price, or they may move to another EU club who don't want to sell him or he doesn't want to leave.

Yeah they've left so this makes sense thanks mate

8 hours ago, cris182 said:

Are you managing an English team? If so then Brexit has probably occurred and these players now cannot move outside the EU until 18

Thanks, i guess so. sucks really 

6 hours ago, Tom8983 said:

The potential transfer date is shown in the information on the initial bid screen. I'm fairly sure there's a give away in the contract screen. And then when a message comes up in your inbox to confirm the transfer, it once more tells you the date that the transfer will happen before you click 'accept'. So if you don't want to wait, there's numerous opportunities to pull out of the deal. Once you click 'accept' though, then there's no going back and all that's left to do is to hate yourself for not paying attention.

Yeah see i never noticed it, but tbf ive never had to worry about it as most deals have been instant in the past or next transfer window so i guess i stopped looking :lol:

On 28/06/2018 at 22:41, Cyp said:

As previously stated it's a FIFA rule that bans the transfer of players under the age of 18 except for in certain circumstances - EU to EU transfers and moving for none footballing reasons are the main exceptions.

The movement of unattached players are still considered International Transfers in the eyes of FIFA and presuming the UK have left the EU in your game that will be why you have to wait as neither of those players are inside the EU.

I think the way it works at the moment is that if a foreign young player's family just happens to move to Manchester for work/whatever, then the player is allowed to sign for whoever he wants in that country.

Which is how you end up with 14-year olds with a Brazilian passport coming through academies of English clubs.

On 29/06/2018 at 07:17, Cyp said:

I perfectly understand the necessity for these rules IRL.

The problem of the rights of young athletes is important and is ethically difficult considering that well, child labour is prohibited, and that a lot of young talented players are considered by some parasites/conmen like a way to make money.

About the game :

I can also rationalize the reason why my youngsters are prohibited from playing in game (just have to imagine they were playing for a very minor team that isn't in the db)...But then there is the whole intake situation ( you can get foreigners from foreign club from your intake...) which doesn't make sense.

well you can justify this by thinking his parents moved near your club for work reasons:)

That's how Basque-only Athletic club ends up with Colombian and Cameroonian youngsters IRL.

So I guess you can rationalize it that way.

Il y a 3 heures, michaeltmurrayuk a dit :

As previously stated it's a FIFA rule that bans the transfer of players under the age of 18 except for in certain circumstances - EU to EU transfers and moving for none footballing reasons are the main exceptions.

The movement of unattached players are still considered International Transfers in the eyes of FIFA and presuming the UK have left the EU in your game that will be why you have to wait as neither of those players are inside the EU. 

What about players with no club? It seems weird to call it a transfer if there is nowhere you are transfering from. (i'm asking about Fifa position, not ingame)

Still if that's FIFA position then the game make perfect sense.

Just now, Cyp said:

What about players with no club? It seems weird to call it a transfer if there is nowhere you are transfering from. (i'm asking about Fifa position, not ingame)

Still if that's FIFA position then the game make perfect sense.

FIFA determine your country as either the country of your last club or where you live - otherwise the big clubs in the major leagues could just snap up any kid that had potential and would also discourage these players from signing for the youth teams in their country as free agents would be free to move whilst contracted players wouldn't, so a player with potential would be encouraged to end his contract so he could move. (Though FIFA have caused a bit of a mess with this recently as they let an Argentine kid join City after leaving his Argentine club with the excuse of him also having an Italian Passport).

IRL teams tend to get around this rule by using the moved for non-footballing reasons (with the classic method being offering their parents a job at the club) with it being fairly hard to prove why someone moved, though with the recent bans for signing of minors FIFA seem to be clamping down on this. Game-wise this is shown by the random foreign players without second nationalities popping up in your youth intakes.

Archived