England V Belgium 1900 BST ITV1 + Tunisia V Panama ITV4

decapitated

1 minute ago, daylight said:

In terms of this World Cup, Croatia have impressed me the most, Mexico fell apart, Argentina have been rotten, even France aren't clicking.
It seems this whole argument of what side of the draw is being made on the countries names rather than how they play in this tournament.

But good teams tend to play best when it matters most.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of this World Cup, Croatia have impressed me the most, Mexico fell apart, Argentina have been rotten, even France aren't clicking.
It seems this whole argument of what side of the draw is being made on the countries names rather than how they play in this tournament.

Yeah, like Colombia. Suddenly they're an unstoppable force we have no chance against.

Just now, ginnybob said:

Yeah, like Colombia. Suddenly they're an unstoppable force we have no chance against.

Not at all, of course you can beat them, just an easier game against Japan I would have thought, then you just see who you get.

2 minutes ago, daylight said:

Not at all, of course you can beat them, just an easier game against Japan I would have thought, then you just see who you get.

I don't disagree but Colombia have seemingly been made out to be a juggernaut, despite limping to the finals in the first place.

We might lose but then I'm not sure a R16 loss is that much worse than a QF loss. It's all ifs and buts anyway. We could be dumped out by Japan...

No matter how much people want to argue about sides of draw, etc.  You're not going to be proved right, ever, as we will never see both eventualities. We might as well argue over the best colour. 

Spoiler

Which is obviously blue.

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

I don't disagree but Colombia have seemingly been made out to be a juggernaut, despite limping to the finals in the first place.

We might lose but then I'm not sure a R16 loss is that much worse than a QF loss. It's all ifs and buts anyway. We could be dumped out by Japan...

Indeed, this is a strange World Cup, no side has you saying "wow they are going to be hard to beat".

I think it is wide open, I honestly hope one of the smaller nations win it.

3 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

No matter how much people want to argue about sides of draw, etc.  You're not going to be proved right, ever, as we will never see both eventualities. We might as well argue over the best colour. 

Reveal hidden contents

Which is obviously blue.

I'll just be relieved when these dumb groups are over and everything is sorted out.

Indeed, this is a strange World Cup, no side has you saying "wow they are going to be hard to beat".

I think it is wide open, I honestly hope one of the smaller nations win it.

Uruguay or Portugal classed as small? The ability to defend is a rare commodity. 

Just now, Bliss Seeker said:

Can we talk about Pickford attempt to save that?

Wtahced that again now - should have gone with his right hand? Would have had a better reach and better chance. 

I called it at the time. Looked too far left.

Archived