England V Belgium 1900 BST ITV1 + Tunisia V Panama ITV4

decapitated

I seem to recall a lot of England fans berating Denmark for not really trying to win against France a couple of days ago. Ah yes. How hollow that sounds now... :lol: 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

You're an ACTUAL England fan? :lol: Yeah, ok then. 

No. I was using the royal "we". I am however a football fan and think using pretty much wholesale changes makes a mockery of what is supposedly the most prestigious international competition in the world

Just now, dllu said:

I seem to recall a lot of England fans berating Denmark for not really trying to win against France a couple of days ago. Ah yes. How hollow that sounds now... :lol: 

We were berating France for not trying actually.

1 minute ago, dllu said:

The points already been made above but the people who did say that probably aren't the same people that are ok with it today, just so you know for future reference.

2 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

But Belgium, Croatia, France etc, etc, can? 

I love how all the rules are completely different for England. :brock:

Did I say that Belgium did gain defensive routine? No.

Why do you have to assume that I was taking shots at England?

But if you think that games against Tunisia and Panama are good enough practice for stalwart defensive trio of Maguire-Stones-Walker, then so be it.

France also looked subpar in offense, but solid defensively and played against a lot tougher opposition.

Croatia's team has been together much longer than England's and they played two games against good opposition.

5 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

Belgium did the same as us. Its just their B team is better than ours

Not interested in Belgium to be honest. I'm interested in England. You go into any football match to win it. In international football it's very hard to get any continuity due to the lack of consistent fixtures at anyone time which is why you make the most of tournaments like this to get a consistent starting XI. You don't **** it all away when you've qualified "to get an easy run". Sooner or later you are going to face the big voys and even if not this world cup has shown surprises can happen.

Just think it's completely stupid.

Beat Columbia 60% and beat Swiss/swe 70% so probability if reaching semi = 42%

in other half beat japan = 90%, beat brasil 30%. Reach semi = 27%.

using estimated probabilities the bottom half is better for getting further. (Not taking account of the small prob that mex beat bra)

1 minute ago, Sid1984 said:

using estimated probabilities the bottom half is better for getting further. (Not taking account of the small prob that mex beat bra)

Sid logic has been established in this topic.

Prepare to be assimilated, further discussion is futile.

Just now, Readingfanman said:

Just one - you've been posting on here all week against England x

I'm neither Belgium and I have not been posting against England at all, I actually said it was refreshing this time with England.

3 minutes ago, Sid1984 said:

That's quick maths.

I'm actually pretty annoyed. Southgate has tried to be clever and has ended up completely dropping a b*ll*ck.

The mood around England goes from redhot to cold sick.

We, and indeed the entire world, have discovered that our second XI are absolute dross (with the exception of Rose)

I mean Wellbeck? What can he do? Jones & Cahill? Utter donkeys.

Momentum? Gone.

Slow hand clap for Mr. Southgate.

1 minute ago, Atarin said:

I'm actually pretty annoyed. Southgate has tried to be clever and has ended up completely dropping a b*ll*ck.

We, and indeed the entire world, have discovered that our second XI are absolute dross (with the exception of Rose)

Momentum? Gone.

I assume you're one of the "England must win every game 3-0, because we are England" crowd

Just now, Atarin said:

As an addendum, at least our first XI know that they can underperform and not be dropped, so again, well done Mr. Southgate. Well done.

The first XI know if they underperform they're out of the competition you absolute clown :D

Just now, Atarin said:

As an addendum, at least our first XI know that they can underperform and not be dropped, so again, well done Mr. Southgate. Well done.

Upside though mate, we're **** and they only have one more game, so he wont have to worry about it after that will he?

4 minutes ago, Atarin said:

Momentum? Gone.

Did you really need to see that game to come to that conclusion re. Cahill, Jones & Wellbeck? 

If we played our first team and one (Kane?) got injured people would have moaned. We made changes and people moaned. If we won people would have moaned that we have a harder route. We lose with a weaker team and people moan because our back up players didn't perform as well as the main group.

Basically there was no way people wouldn't moan. I don't buy that we deliberately threw the game either. I think we tried to get the goal but there clearly wasn't the intensity if it were absolutely vital, which I think would be the same for any team in the same situation.

Just now, Pukey said:

If we played our first team and one (Kane?) got injured people would have moaned. We made changes and people moaned. If we won people would have moaned that we have a harder route. We lose with a weaker team and people moan because our back up players didn't perform as well as the main group.

Basically there was no way people wouldn't moan. I don't buy that we deliberately threw the game either. I think we tried to get the goal but there clearly wasn't the intensity if it were absolutely vital, which I think would be the same for any team in the same situation.

Yeah, it felt like the intensity of a last day match between midtable sides. Neither team were going all out.

Archived