FM2009: Official Glasgow Celtic

thursobhoy

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tbf Vagner Love either the AI in your game are retarted and did not sign him at the start or you cheated :p

Not jealous at all ;)

neither :)

spent the majority of my budget over 24 months right at the beginning 16 m bid

well worth it and since big mick left 2 seasons ago he took over as club captain so doesnt wana leave at all

in my 3rd season at paradise.

going for 6iar and 3 league cupsin a row.

my aim for this season is to get through the last 16

won my group twice and got drawn against real madrid both times:eek:

dont have much left of the original squad.

my squad :)

GK

the holy goalie

kenzo chauvin (regen 6 star potential)

rb

apam

caddis

lb

mathieu

misun

cb

henrique

garay

odea

nestor

rm

nakamura

marquinhos

witsel

lm

mcgeady

marquinhos

rossi

cm

guti

crosas

schneiderlin

dzageov

petrov

st

vagner love

marquinhos

lewandowski

paloschi

rinaldi , castro , romeu REGENS

players in bold = strongest 11

i have 42 regens out on loan at various clubs with 22 at rochdale and 11 at oostende for wp

its now january of the 3rd season and ive made some major signings

nicklas bendtner was signed at the end of august after wenger offered him for free

to replace the departing lewandowski who left for 8 M

also ac milan defender digao replaced darren odea and 4 million

andrey arshavin has signed from arsenal for 5.25M

vincent enyeama signed for 1.1m for backup from chelski

alex song came in for 4m as ezequiel garay was ruled out for a year

and then the big signing

world midfielder of the year gojko kacar signed for 12M + schneirderlin

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to start a game with the hoops again!!

In:

Santon - Inter

Skjelbred - Rosenborg

Fletcher - Hibs

McCarthy - Hamilton

Sakho - PSG

Mattock - Leicester

Out:

McManus

Wilson

Balde

Doumbe

Loovens

McCourt

Donati

Mizuno

also sold most of the reserves to generate any money I could.

Just started 4 games into the season and already opened up a 5 point gap from second place.

Sitting at the top of the table at the end of November first season. Usually struggle on Champions League but made a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) which has helped me. Came second in my group with Inter, Werder Bremen and FC Cluj. Still to play Inter again and have already qualified so will be a test to see if my tactic is going to work against top teams. Prefer to play a 4-4-2 in the league which I'm doing well with.

4-4-2 Line Up

GK: Boruc/Brown

DC: Sakho/O Dea

DC:Kennedy/Caldwell

DR: Hinkel/Santon

DL: Naylor/Mattock

MCd: Brown/Hartley

MR: Maloney/Brown

ML: McGeady/Robson

MCa: Nakamura/Skjelbred

FC: McDonald/Fletcher

FC: Hesselink/Samaras

anyone here playing the celtic in the epl challenge, i'm just about to start it. so far i'm thinking about keeping the midfield and bringing a striker and in new full backs. probably try loan saviola like i did in the my previous celtic save and maybe try lona gago hoping that the epl will change his mind.

I play Celtic in the EPL but network game with friends. First season i got Leo DC from Gremio, Lavezzi Forward from Napoli for £2.5m plus i gave a sub keeper in exchange. I signed Ponzio for £4m as he can play almost anywhere and a solid DMC, Trained O'Dea to Left back for cover and got Guilermhe in January from Kiev for about £11m.

Got some other squad players in loans etc (Inzaghi from AC was a good one) and finished 11th. Into second season and added more quality with Kacer, Fenghuli (sp), Marquinhos, Luiz, Asenjo, Jaricek (sp) a solid RB.

I also got Albin who is a left winger for £4m release clause and Acosta a right winger from Sevilla i think who were selling him for £3m.

Sitting in 8th after 14 games but only 5 points from 4th and starting to gel and look good for second half of the season. Got Defour coming in January as Scott Brown wanted to go to bigger club and Spurs paid £10m for him.

My mate is Rangers and he is doing well in the second season after he finished 13th in season 1 so it is a good challenge but you will have to change the squad a fair bit to do well.

Edit: I also signed Gladkyi in season 1 and although he takes time to settle he is firing in the goals in second season.

Start of second season roughly:

My Squad:

GK: Bartosz Bialkowski

RB: M.Wilson

CB: D.O'Dea

CB: S.McManus

LB: J.Mathieu

RM: V.Behrami

CM: S.Maloney

LM: A.McGeady

AM: S.Brown

ST: S.McDonald/D.Janczyk

Needs improving, I'm looking to bring in Veron to be the bully in midfield, and also Dzagoev for the Attacking Mid.

Well if they do say that price then I'll just look into getting Nordin Amrabat.

Conceaded 36 goals that season, I need to make that lower, so I needa concentrate on the back 4 I think :/

I haven't won the league yet!!! I'm in season 4 now! It's pretty depressing as my record against Rangers has been excellent! I've won the Scottish cup in year 2 and 3 while I've won the League cup every year. My away form is killing me!

My team is pretty good though so hopefully this year I'll win it back!

Im playing my own 4-4-2 system with a target man up front with emphasis on short passing and wide play.

Gk: Boruc/Vercoutre/Zaluska-No problems here really, Boruc always plays bar the odd game when I rest him

Left Back: Mathieu/Easton/Misun-Very solid although Mathieu is looking to move on

Two Centre backs from:McManus/O Dea/Tamas/Reynolds/Cuthbert/Caldwell-Tamas always plays, McManus was his partner last year but I think O Dea is now number one. Decent back up too

RB: Avanzi/Caddis-Was a problem position last year so I signed Avanzi and so far so good!

LW: McGeady/Wijinaldum- McGeady always plays here and always has a good rating

Two CM from: Sandro/Delph/McCarthy/Ireland- Just signed Sandro as a replacement for Michael Bradley who went to Man United for €25 million. Pretty good here with plenty of goals in these guys

RW: Alex Teixera/Maloney- All the wingers are interchangeable so the right wing position is usually up for grabs

Two Strikers from: Fletcher/Aquino/McDonald/Garner- Garner has been a very good replacement for Hessilink. Fletcher is starting to come good while Aquino is world class! McDonald scores goals but hasnt been first choice for a few seasons

I think I'll need a new keeper soon as Boruc's performances arent exactly good enough

Centre back position is pretty weak so perhaps I need a new one in January?

Any recommendations?

• 1 month later...

I just started a new game using the SPL in the Prem database and since I'm not in the SPL to Prem challenge and am really struggling I thought I'd ask in here for advice ( I know I badly need a lb). Screenie of my team below and any advice or recommendation for signings would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Celtic-2.png

Here's my team/squad in January 2012:

GK: Artur Boruc/Regen who coaches say will be as good as Boruc

DR: Daniel Opare/Paul Caddis

DL: Milan Misun/Regen

DC: Fabricio Coloccini/Regen

DC: Leandro Gioda/Regen

MR: Shaun Maloney/David Beckham (still going strong)

ML: Radek Sirl/James McFadden

MC: Raul Meireles/Willians

MC: Morgan Schneiderlin/Javi Garcia

FC: Adriano/Nilmar

FC: Dentinho/Mauro Zarate

I have also had Ruben De La Red, Marquinhos, and Sofiane Feghouli at various points but sold them all on for big fat profits once they got unsettled. Got about £30m in the bank if I need it too :D

Made the Champs League final last season and was 1-0 up against Inter but Schneiderlin got himself sent off after 30 mins, couldn't quite hang on and lost 2-1 with both goals coming in the last 20 mins.

So far this season I have a 100% record in the league, lost once and drew twice in the CL group stage but still went through, and am in the final of the League Cup.

Daniel Opare turns into a pretty excellent athletic fullback if you play him enough, technical stats aren't good enough perhaps for a really top side, but for Celtic he's great. Misun is probably the weak link in my first XI, considering promoting the regen ahead of him as he has much better potential. Misun is very solid though. Sirl was a great buy, £4.2m in the first season, excellent delivery - with him and Beckham on either flank Adriano eats up the goals! Trying to keep a Scots influence in the side with Caddis, McFadden and Maloney in there, would like some more though.

Here is my Celtic Side as of Augest 2011:

GK: Boruc / Vargas(19 Year old bought from Elche for £3 Mil)

DR: Paul Quinn(£2 MIll From Motherwell) / Kevin McNaughton (£3 MIll From Cardiff)

DL: Lee Naylor / Francisco Villegas (19 Year old from Rayo for £1 Mill)

DC: Gary Caldwell / Stephen Caldwell ( Free from Burnley)

MR: Aiden McGeady / James McCarthy (£700k from Hamilton)

ML: Michael Mcindoe ( Free from Bristol City) / Stephen Hunt ( £4.6 Mill from Reading)

MC: Freddy Adu (£12 MIll from Benfica) / Mario Ticinovic (£3.6 from Hadjuk)

FC: Kevin Doyle (£6.75 Mill from Reading) / Roque Santa Cruz (£12 Mill from Blackburn)

Building up a good backup team as well, Bought James Mcfadden 2 seasons ago and seems to be a good wee super sub, got a few upcoming stars on the way to replace ppl like Santa Cruz and Freddy Adu who look to be on there way out this season. Picked up players like Reimond Manco who seems to be a good striker who creates a lot of goals, Sean Scannell i bought from bolton for £10 mill is settled in nicely. As is a good wee central midfielder called Darragh McNammara who I signed from falkirk for £1 MIll after seeing him have a great season there and scoring against me every game he played against Celtic.

Players who left club include Stephen Mcmanus ( Sunderland £3.2) Scott Mcdonald (Wigan £2.9) Paul Hartley ( Blackburn Free and now at Motherwell) and the funniest one has to be Giorgos " Couldnt Hit A Barn Door" Samaras who left to goto newly rich Hibs for £1 mill plus a 40% sell on clause. Hes since signed for Rangers this season for £3 Mill pounds lol. Always like it when the huns give me some money since they have not won bugger all in 3 seasons lol :D

heloooo

this is my celtic team in te second season

at the moment 2nd with 1 point behind rangers and a game in hand

played 3 won 3

my team including 2 regens allan sneddon i knicked from rangers and he has a pa of 183 :eek:

and the other came through my academy with a pa of 178 named alan welsh

i got about £9 million left and just want to know where to improve :)

Team

Season 1 Transfers

Season 2 Transfers

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it's latest but I think it is(weegie update) and pretty sure I'm using the free transfer market well.

Currently offering contracts to Olivier Dacourt, Giourkas Seitardis, Lucas Neill, Julian De Guzman, Juniniho P (former Lyon), Jorge Andrade.

I refused after much temptation to offer a contract to Peter Lovenkrands, based on playing abillity, not his past at Rangers.

Made some nice bids but as it's firsts eason Marquinhos will probably not join, making offers for lots of players making sure no one escapes without me knowing. Made a offer for Drenthe as he's transfer listed, also bought Rapnik in on a free.

Had success with Celtic before and I love managing them, hopefully I can do even better this time, early stages so far but bright.

Hey dudes, just starting a game with Celtic at the mo. Was wondering what tactics you guys are using that are working well. Just general pointers would be helpful, long ball/short passing, tempo, etc. Was thinking of playing the ball down the wings to McGeady and Brown in a simple 4-4-2 and crossing to McDonald and VoH in the box. Should get plenty of goals in the SPL... Any thoughts?

btw, I signed Lewandowski, Bruins and Keirrison... Looking to the future...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived