Sports Interactive Community
thursobhoy

FM2009: Official Glasgow Celtic

After Years In The Making...

Alert:

Karl Lucas former Celtic & Liverpool fc player takes over the reins at the Scotish Champions.

Breaking News

Celtic legend & Former Club Midfeilder Karl Lucas takes over from former manager Gordon Strachen today with hopes of securing the clubs 43rd Scotish title, however with a rapidly aging squad and a squad seemingly lacking quality is Karl Lucas up to the challange?

Headline

Karl Lucas's first plan of action should be to find a long term replacement for Bobo Balde as the defenders days at the club seem numbered. However Mr Lucas seems to have found the perfect replacement in Mamahou Sakho, the Paris St. Germain defender could cost anywhere upwards of 5million Pounds.

Breaking News

Celtic Manager Karl Lucas has confirmed the 9 million pound signing of Mamahou Sakho. He is expected to line up at center back beside Darren O'Dea.

Press Confrence

Today Lucas has announced his prefered line up for the up coming season:

GK: Boruc

LB: Mark Wilson

RB: Paul Caddis

CB: Mamahou Sakho (vc)

CB: Darren O'Dea

LM: Aiden Mcgeady ©

RM: Shunsuke Nakamura

CM: Shaun Maloney

CM: Gary Caldwell

FD: Scott Mcdonald

FA: Van Hesselink

It has also been annonced that ever-present midfeilder & loyal Scotsman Aiden Mcgeady will be presented with the captains armband with new signing and France under21 Captain Mamahou Sakho being given Vice-Captancy.

New Signing!

Robert Lewandoski has announced his joy at signing a 4 year contract at Scotish Champions Celtic. This has led to Van Hesselink, the man beleived by many to give way, voicing his discontent at their being another forward signing added to the club. However Mr Lucas has announced that Van Hesselink with be part of his up and coming plans for the 08/09 Season.

Important Happens on the way to 1/1/09

Lucas's first game in charge got off to a slow start. A 0-0 Draw at Dundee suggests the team hasn't gelled as well as originally hoped.

Things went from bad to worse in Lucas first Glascow Derby. A 37minute Nakamura own-goal leads to calls for Lucas to receive the Axe, only 3 months into the season.

A 6-0 victory at Inverness halts the calls for the axe, allowing Lucas to sigh a much needed sigh of relief.

January 1/1/09 - The end of 08/09 Season

One January signing for Celtic, Sandro Burki inserts himself in a Celtic team picking up a full head of steam after a very slow start.

Celtic receive an early farewell from the Scotish Cup to Inverness, 3-2 at Full time. However Lucas says that it was a "Bless in disguise" as it will allow him to fully concerntrate on the Scotish League...Until the next cup anyway.

Celtic get to the Semi Finals of the League cup, a farewell to an In-form Hearts, another arrow threw the heart of the Glascow club.

The Champions league, could Celtic be this years dark-horse? No

A group with:

Lyon

Athletico Madrid

and German high-flyers Werder Breman

Cetlic finish bottom of the table joint on points with Lyon 5 points each spells disappointment for Celtic.

Final game of the Season

Celtic, 2 points head of Rangers, however with a goal difference rather lower. If Rangers win they win the league, if Celtic win they win the league. Should be a good match

Celtic 4-1 Rangers

Nakamora, Lewandoski & Mcdonald (2) secure the title for a very impressive Celtic. And it really does sum up Celtics season, Sub-standard however pulling out the perform when its 100% needed. Mr Lucas looks very impressed on the touch line, brining on Mcdonald at Half Time was a stroke of genious from Mr Lucas he completely turned the tide of the game!

End of Season Press Meeting

Press: So Mr Lucas, How do you feel about securing the title at Ibrox?

Mr Lucas: Its an amazing feeling, we faught so hard all season and i beleive we well and truly deserve it!

Press: We hear Van Hesselink, an important figure in your current squad has signed a pre-contract with Ajax. Is there any truth to this?

Mr Lucas: Yes its true Hessy has left for Ajax and today was his last match. The standing ovation from the fans suggest he will be missed. His a great player with a great attitude and i wish him all the best in the future.

Press: I know this maybe abit early but is there any scouting of players for next season. For example to replace Van Hesselink? We've also heard Captain Aiden Mcgeady maybe moving to Liverpool for 22 million. His been a key figure in the title win this year however is 22 million to good to accept?

Mr Lucas: Me and Aiden will be having a chat sometime in the next week. We need to talk about weather next season he can pull on a Celtic shirt and be happy, if not he will leave. Its really up to him. I've sent scouts out to see a couple of players, around 5-6, and i'll be putting bids in shortly for them. I can confirm that former Barcelona striker Bojan has accepted a 3 year contract with us.

Press: Thank you

Mr Lucas: Thank you and see you next season.

Cheers for reading and if you enjoyed it tell us, if not i'll post a boring ol' one next time :D

no offence but van hesselink really

wheres the van in his name

no offence but van hesselink really

wheres the van in his name

Jesus christ how embarrasing lol!

Got confused with him and Van persie me thinks :p

and Van der Varte...

Dutch & Vans damnit!

Sorry ;)

Can anybody recommend some young Scottish/Irish players that have a chance of making to be a first chooise player for my Celtic side in the future??? I'm closing in on Andy Coward of Galway that are said to have potential to be better than Pogrebnyak

I'd give Brian Easton a shot. He's a solid young Scottish Left-Back or Centre-Back. Plays for Hamilton and after a couple of years at back-up, he's well able for the first team, he was a key part of my squad that just won the Champions League.

Paul Caddis is already on your team, with the right guidance he can be the best right-back in the league, even taking Hutton's place (also a very good player but pricey) in the National team.

Irishman Steven Kelly is a cheap option and is as good as Hinkel at the start of the game and becomes better than him too.

Steven Ireland is decent and may be unhappy if Man City don't give him first team football.

James McArthur is also a solid central-midfielder from Scotland, should be cheap too.

I've noticed (Now I'm in 2013) that I'm getting some really quality regens lately, lucky for us Celtic has a great youth system eh? :)

King_Karl: Good story man, you should put that up in the Stories Forum if you haven't yet. You could really build on it.

(PS. McGeady is Irish... Don't take away the one exciting prospect us Irish supporters have lol)

King_Karl: Good story man, you should put that up in the Stories Forum if you haven't yet. You could really build on it.

(PS. McGeady is Irish... Don't take away the one exciting prospect us Irish supporters have lol)

Ahh much appriated dude, i was gonna put it here first its sort of a "News report/story" half assed effrot as well, glad you enjoy it :)]

I also have to agree about McGeady...However 22million from Liverpool has got me wondering! i can buy Downing for 7m

For 22m... I'd probably sell him tbh.

A while back I rejected a 25m bid from Man City, but looking back, I'd have accepted it. Eventually your squad becomes as talented as McGeady so he's not as indispensible as once thought :(

For 22m... I'd probably sell him tbh.

A while back I rejected a 25m bid from Man City, but looking back, I'd have accepted it. Eventually your squad becomes as talented as McGeady so he's not as indispensible as once thought :(

I hope with the new patch he becomes more valued as sometimes he really drive Celtic forward and make them look a top top team!

PRESEASON 2013/1014

TRANSFERS:

IN:

7 regens I've scouted recently all on frees

Puyol - 2m

Ronaldinho - 1m (From Fiorentina... undecided on how good he is, but to see him in Celtic colours is scary lol)

OUT:

Suchy - 3.5m

Kennedy - 7m (Left me feeling a little bit guilty)

Opare - 7.5m

Borges - 5m

Carioca - 20m

Zac Gibson - 14m

Pemberton - 7.5m (Had potential but I wasnt willing to put up with his injuries and constant offers)

In January of my first season, and made few changes.

Firstly signed Sturridge on a pre-contract. I dont really need him, Prog is on fire, as is McDonald, and JVoH is a decent enough back up. I also signed an 17 year old Iranian called Mosalman (irrc) who scored on his debut.

Sold Samaras for £3.4m to Feyenoord, Caddis to Newcastle for £1m, Kennedy to Boro for 950K and Donati to PSV for £1.4m.

In the transfer window, I really concentrated on signing great youngsters from around Europe so no other major signings for the present. One defender I did sign broke the record for the youngest person to play for Celtic.

I've only lost 1 game all season in the league, to Hibs. Yet to be beaten by Rangers :thup:

Finished 3rd in the CL, by 1 point! R.Madrid spanked me in the final game, whilst Sporting won. Weren't too upset as I thought I'd be a favourite for the UEFA. Until I got drawn against AC Milan ffs :thdn:

Just started my first Celtic game on FM09 (got the game yesterday)

Brought in; Roger (back up for Naka), Rat, Molinaro (back up for Rat), Mosquera (loan, back up for the center backs), Ochirosii (for the future), Keirrison, Lewandowski, Pogrebnyak, Cardozo

Gone are; McDonald, Hartley, McDonald, Doumbe, Naylor, JVoH. Looking to offload Robson and Samaras as well, but no buyers yet

Playing a 442 diamond

------------Boruc----------

Hinkel-Caldwell-McManus-Rat

------------Crosas----------

Brown--------------McGeady

-------------Naka-----------

--Pogrebnyak-----Cardozo---

Looking to bring in a backup for Boruc, any recommendations?

Can anybody recommend some young Scottish/Irish players that have a chance of making to be a first chooise player for my Celtic side in the future??? I'm closing in on Andy Coward of Galway that are said to have potential to be better than Pogrebnyak

Finished my first season as Celtic manager, winning the league with 13 points down to Rangers. Played my youth in both cups, so no silverwear there. But the CL was terrible 2 home draws against Shaktar and PSV, and that was what points I got, but the board thought that I had done well in Europe, stangely. Centerbacks are my weakest position, bringing in Wheaton from Boro in the summerbreak, but would like to bring in another one before the start of the new season

DKB: To be honest, McManus is a really solid defender. In my Celtic side he's still captain, and I had Kennedy until 2013-ish (But a 7m bid was too good to resist :D) and McManus gets rotated between Henrique (GREAT player. Had 2 great seasons for me but then got injured for 11 months. Came back and is still really good), you should be able to get him for around 6m and he's world class. He was transfer listed by request at Real Madrid in my game so you might get lucky too mate!

Your squad is very good considering you've just finished your first team. Two quality strikers and your midfield is solid too. I'd suggest keeping Nakamura as even once he's old he's still a good backup and can play throughout midfield (and now he's a coach for me.... and a good one too, right after retiring).

A backup for Boruc... well I got Kusczech from Man United on a free, and he became my first team keeper for a season (sold Boruc for 20m late in the transfer window) before I sold him the year after for 11m. He was a key player in helping me win my first Champions league. He's a decent player to be honest. Likewise to Ben Foster (although he got angry when I didnt play him much). Fioriello is great too, should be cheap and in 2014 he's the main Italy keeper ahead of Amelia and is at Barcelona (went on a damn free after he kept refusing contracts... wasn't playing him enough again lol)

More transfers pre-2013/2014 season: (Had 110m to spend)

IN:

Craig Gordon - 25m (Really solid. Great player)

Kevin Thomson - 16m

Won everything. League, League Cup, Scottish Cup, Club Championship, Champions League (Luckily got Lyon in the Final).

Oh, Celtic are now the best club in the world rankings.... Very proud :D And 5th richest club I believe.

Thomson was a flop really. Average, but sold him later. Signed him and Gordon to have more Scotts in my squad for the Champions League, and I can afford to waste money now, although Gordon is quality.

PRE-SEASON 2014/2015:

IN:

Miguel Cuero - 500k

Boruc (lol) - Free (Sold him for 20m 2 seasons ago, pre-contracted him in January! Will be a back-up to Gordon)

Matt Bingham - 100k

OUT:

Fiorello - Free (Had great potential but Barcelona stole him)

Ronaldinho - 5m

Thomson - 30m

Santonocito - Free

Javier Ramos - 5m

Now I've got 152m to spend :D

Here's my first team: (In order of importance)

GK: Gordon/Boruc/Fulop

RB: Caddis/Leray

LB: Easton/Neuhaus

CB: Puyol/McManus

CB: Henrique/Walter

LM: McGeady/Lunghi

RM: Ireland/Black

CM: Santiago/Reyes

AMC: Mauricio/Suarez

ST: Bojan/Sturridge

ST: Saivet/Destro

EDIT: Just bought Gio Dos Santos (2.8m) and sold Mauricio (10m).

Had been holding onto Mauricio for a long time, he then said he wanted a new challenge. Minute he did I offered him out and Spurs and Valencia came in immediately :)

Right before the transfer window shut, I signed Adebayor for 18m :D

He's 30 and still very good and is keeping Sturridge out of the side, while Saivet is being rotated in the Right midfield position.

DKB: To be honest, McManus is a really solid defender. In my Celtic side he's still captain, and I had Kennedy until 2013-ish (But a 7m bid was too good to resist :D) and McManus gets rotated between Henrique (GREAT player. Had 2 great seasons for me but then got injured for 11 months. Came back and is still really good), you should be able to get him for around 6m and he's world class. He was transfer listed by request at Real Madrid in my game so you might get lucky too mate!

Your squad is very good considering you've just finished your first team. Two quality strikers and your midfield is solid too. I'd suggest keeping Nakamura as even once he's old he's still a good backup and can play throughout midfield (and now he's a coach for me.... and a good one too, right after retiring).

A backup for Boruc... well I got Kusczech from Man United on a free, and he became my first team keeper for a season (sold Boruc for 20m late in the transfer window) before I sold him the year after for 11m. He was a key player in helping me win my first Champions league. He's a decent player to be honest. Likewise to Ben Foster (although he got angry when I didnt play him much). Fioriello is great too, should be cheap and in 2014 he's the main Italy keeper ahead of Amelia and is at Barcelona (went on a damn free after he kept refusing contracts... wasn't playing him enough again lol)

McManus gve away to many balls to opposition strikers for me to keep him. Have keeped him until 2088 *lol* in all the older versions, but he didn't make it tick in this season game for me, anyway not in the game I've at the moment

I still holds on to Kennedy and O'Dea as they are homegrown players, and decent enough, but if an offer big enough comes along I might sell them, Juve have been interested in buying O'Dea for £8m according to newspaper reports

Henrique is indeed a GREAT player, I recommend him to any Celtic manager out there

I brought in Jamie Ashdown in the summer to cover from Boruc, and in the January transfer window I brought in Ben Foster for £1.3m. So I'm pretty good covered in the goalie postion

Naka is starting to get real slow 10 acc - 11 pace, and only uses him as back up on the left wing, his contract is running out in the summer and I've some promising youngster comming through that I would like to develop, so he might be on the off list

Team as I go out of the January window 2010 (442)

--------------Boruc------------

Bosingwa-Wheater-Henrique-Rat

McGeady-Appiah--Brown-S.Kalou

--------Cardoza--Keirrison------

Big striker - fast striker combo in front, still got Pogrebnyak as back up for Cardoza

Will be looking to bring in some box to box midfielders in the summer, as Crosas has developed strength enough for my liking to play central (but is getting closer) and my only other option central is Ferry, who are decent enough, but not more than that

@SneakyDave

what tactic are you playing/is it uploaded anywhere? and which patch?

Would love some succes in Europe

Is killing the SPL with ease, 13 point down to Rangers in the first season, 16 point down to 2nd place Hearts medio Marts in the second season. But my team can't seem to have much succes in Europe

Well I'm all but finished with my Celtic game now, started a new game with Man United on 9.03.

I was playing on the 9.02 patch, with a custom formation I made, haven't uploaded it anywhere, hadn't even thought of it tbh!

It's a 4-3-1-2.

Basically the left and right wingers must have pace, the central midfielder must be able to tackle, and the AMC makes runs up to the front-line (and must be a creative force. That's why I kept Nakamura so long, pace and acceleration didn't matter too much in that position), where the two centre forwards (preferably a Striker and a centre forward that can pass) are.

It's pretty easy to make one to be honest, and all it needs is a slight tweak for away matches (just the difficult ones) and some tweaking during the course of the match.

In Europe, one of the key things is to have a speedy player on the bench, technical and mental skill doesn't even matter TOO much, what I used to do the first two times I won the CL and the times I won the UEFA Cup I defended with backs to the wall. Really deep defending all match until late on, then bring on someone like Saivet and unleash! Surprising how simple it can be if you alter your team's runs and passing options.

Then finally, the last time I won the CL I was far more confident and beat some world class teams just because my squad had reached its peak. A nice mix of experience (McManus, Nakamura, Puyol) and youth (Bojan, Saivet) and I'm sure you'll do great mate. :D

I just started a new (post 9.3 patch) game as Celtic manager and thought I'd post a progress report as I'm now into my second season.

Season 1 tranfers in: Miralem Sulejmani

Daniel Opare

Henrik Larrson

Eliseu

Sandro Burki

James McFadden

Andrea Soncin

Luis Lopez

Brian Canalejo

Oriol Romiu

Manu Reina

Jose Palau

Cristiano Teixeira (loaned out to Oostende for 3 seasons to gain wp)

Paul Scharner

Timothee Atouba

Razvan Rat

Everton Ribeiro

Diego Gavilan

Alexiy Smertin

Players out: Pat Mccourt

Barry Robson

Mark Wilson

Massimo Donati

Bobo Balde

Shaun Maloney

Jeane-Joel Perrier-Doumbe

Mike McGlinchey

In my first season in charge my team blitzed the SPL, winning by a very comfertable 17 points and scoring 96 goals. http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u339/slipknot261175/ClydesdaleBankPremierLeague-2.png

We had a typically tough time in Europe however finishing third in our CL group behind Lyon and Roma and going out of the Euefa cup at the first hurdle to Udinese 5-3 on aggregate.

This season things are looking pretty good, we are 3rd in the league, only 2 points off top spot after 7 games and we have just taken top spot in our CL group after a thumping 4-0 home win over AC Milan http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u339/slipknot261175/CelticvACMilan.png

Will be back to post later with a full season review.

Oh and I almost forgot..I was wondering if anyone else has found that post patch Celtic get a stadium expansion after only 1 season, as in my game we are getting an extra 14,645 seats in Oct 09.

Yes, i got an extra 9000 seats after season 1. Done over the close season no lost revenue for part of the stadium closed.

Yes, i got an extra 9000 seats after season 1. Done over the close season no lost revenue for part of the stadium closed.

Nice 1 fman, my expansion took untill over a month into the season to complete, so lost a fair bit of cash due to the reduced capacity.

Well that's me just completed my second season in charge of Celtic and those of a nervous disposition should look away now, because I'm afraid things didn't go well at all this season.

After last seasons runaway success in the domestic league I set about trying to strengthen for this seasons European campaign, but I'm afraid a fell foul to the rookie mistake of bringing too many players in at the one time.

Players in: Georgina Wijnaldum

Lauri Dalle Valle

Ronaldo (Brazillian)

Jozy Altidore

Andrea Dossena

Dedryck Boyata

Benjani

Lukman Haruna

Manucho

Mista

Ben Foster

Sammi Hyypia

Kevin Theophile-Catherine

Serghno Greene

Leroy Lita

Collins John

Aaron Mokoena

Jermaine Pennant

Michael Ball

Lukasz Zaluska

Players out: Dominic Servi

Glenn Loovens

Jason Marr

Mike McGlinchey

Jason Riley

Gary Caldwell

Scott Fox

Mark Millar

John Kennedy

Shunsuke Nakamura

Paul Caddis

Scott Cuthbert

Cristiano Teixeira (long term loan to Oostende)

Jan Venegoor of Hesselink

Darren O'dea

Callum Bagshaw

Pat McCourt

Paul Hartley

Lukasz Zaluska

Ryan Conroy

Daniel Lafferty

Lee Naylor

Laurence Gaughan

Giorgios Samaras

Diego Gavilan

Ryan Marshall

Leroy Lita

After so much transfer activity and the disrupitve influence of Jermaine Pennant (big mistake signing him), we started off the league campaign badly, falling 7 points behind Rangers and eventual shock winners of the SPL hearts. We again went out of the CL at the group stages and were out of Eorope all together after losing heavily to Portsmouth in the Euefa cup, we ended up third in the SPL 5 points behind Hearts. The funny thing is I got a news item at the end of the season telling me Guardiola may leave Barcelona when his contract expires at the end of the season and I'm favourite to get the job (despite me just having signed a new 4 year contract at Celtic). So now I have a Dilemma, Celtic are in the Euefa cup next season and I think we have a real chance of winning it if the squad can gel together in time, so even if Barca do try to poach me away I think I might turn them down to try and bring success in Europe for Celtic

Started up a new game with the 9.03 patch, managed to restructure the wage budget, so I could attract some world class players to Celtic.

First player to arrive at Celtic Park were Javier Saviola from Real Madrid for £3.6m (over 24 months), then Vicente came in from Valencia for £2.4m (over 24 months), then another Real player followed Mahamadou Diarra for £6.25m (over 24 months), then Vincent Enyema from H.Tel-Aviv for £325k (over 24 months). Then Luisäo from Benfica joined for £7.75m (half over 24 months), he were followed by Eidur Gudjohnsen from Barcelona for £2.5m (over 24 months), next were Ramires from Cruzeiro for £8m (half over 24 months) and finally Ghana's captain Stephen Appiah joined on a free transfer

I guess some people still would complain that I didn't brought in a new left back, but I've decided to retrain O'Dea to left back and see who he would be doing there

Away are; Robson, Donati, JVoH, McGinn, Nakamura, Ben H, Hartley, Wilson and Koki

Team:

GK) Boruc (Enyema-Brown)

DR) Hinkel (Caddis)

DC) O'Dea (Naylor)

DC) Lusiäo (Kennedy)

DL) Heid (McManus)

MC) Diarra (Appiah)

MC) Ramiras (Brown)

AMR) McGeady (Maloney)

AMC) Gudjohnsen (Brown)

AML) Vicente (Maloney)

SC) Saviola (McDonald)

Fcuking excited about the team :-) First game 3-1 at home against St. Mirren, found out that 175cm high Vicente most likely are finished covering the near post when the other team have a corners ;-) But played some wonderful footie :-) :-) :-)

Hey guys. Just started a new game yesterday. I'm not to pleased with most of the squad to be honest but so far they are doing their job in the league. I couldn't get rid of Balde but luckily his contract is up in the summer but I sold Kennedy, Hartley and a bunch of reserves and then in january I sold McManus to Fulham who was shocking especially in Europe for 5 mil + 50% of next sale and Samaras, who scored a grand total of 2 goals for me, for 3 mil + 50% to wolfsburg (I received 12.75 mil pounds in total). I bought Opare (Real), Reginiussen (Tromso), Nannskog (Stabaek) and Mattock (Leicester) (5.5 mil in total).

First half of the season wasn't very good, I was last in my CL group and usualy trailing Rangers by a point or two in the league. The performances were far from convincing but then in January I finally came up with a winning tactic and I haven't lost a point since. I also signed Fletcher, who scored 19 goals in 27 games, for 2.3 mil and he has 9 goals in 11 games so far. I'm currently 7 points clear in the SPL. I have defeated Dundee Utd 3:0 in the league cup final, then Rangers 3:0 in the 1/4 finals of the Scottish Cup and also 3:0 a week later in the league so I'll probably finish the season with all 3 trophies. But I'm already planning ahead, Lewandowski, Zuculini, and Feghouli are all joining in the summer. I'll report back later

Update, finished the season on 93 points, 9 ahead of Rangers and with +59 goal difference. I've completed the treble with a 5:0 trashing of Dundee Utd. Despite my success the club reputation dropped so I no longer have continetal reputation :(. I also signed Marquinhos for 5.5 mil over 25 months. My scout said I should sign him at any price

Hey guys. Just started a new game yesterday. I'm not to pleased with most of the squad to be honest but so far they are doing their job in the league. I couldn't get rid of Balde but luckily his contract is up in the summer but I sold Kennedy, Hartley and a bunch of reserves and then in january I sold McManus to Fulham who was shocking especially in Europe for 5 mil + 50% of next sale and Samaras, who scored a grand total of 2 goals for me, for 3 mil + 50% to wolfsburg (I received 12.75 mil pounds in total). I bought Opare (Real), Reginiussen (Tromso), Nannskog (Stabaek) and Mattock (Leicester) (5.5 mil in total).

First half of the season wasn't very good, I was last in my CL group and usualy trailing Rangers by a point or two in the league. The performances were far from convincing but then in January I finally came up with a winning tactic and I haven't lost a point since. I also signed Fletcher, who scored 19 goals in 27 games, for 2.3 mil and he has 9 goals in 11 games so far. I'm currently 7 points clear in the SPL. I have defeated Dundee Utd 3:0 in the league cup final, then Rangers 3:0 in the 1/4 finals of the Scottish Cup and also 3:0 a week later in the league so I'll probably finish the season with all 3 trophies. But I'm already planning ahead, Lewandowski, Zuculini, and Feghouli are all joining in the summer. I'll report back later

How has Reginiussen been playing for you, was looking to bring him in, but as I had other top targets, there wasn't enough money in the end to sign him, gonna try again in the winter transfer window

Average rating was 7.29 from 42 matches. I always sign him when I need a cheap solid defender, I got him for 1.2 mil and now his value has almost tripled. My best player was Maloney with 15 goals and 23 asissts in 34 matches and an average rating of 7.54

just started a game as celtic and made some excellent signings after selling off what I consider deadwood

transfers in

Steven Fletcher 2m

Rodney Sneijder 100k

Daniel Parejo 50k

Eliseu 1.5m

Celso Borges 600k

Jeremy Mathieu 3m

Stephen Appiah Free

Florin Bratu 2.5m

Torre Reginiussen 1.5m

Vincent Enyeama 300k

Per Cilijan Skjelbred 1.5m

Albin Ekdal 2m

Out

JJ Perrier Doumbe 85k

Vennegoor of Hesselink 2.5m

Massimo Donati 1m

Barry Robson 3m plus 50%

John Kennedy 650k plus 50%

Shunsuke Nakamura 5m

Milan Misun ln fee 50k

Willo Flood ln fee 300k

as you can see I went with youth players but think I got a good enough team to win the title no problem will be using a 442 and so far in preseason Im unbeaten in 6 just beat st mirren 3-0 in my 1st game of the season

I finally managed to sign some blue chips to get the fans of my back despite lawell's best efforts to keep the biscuit tin closed by giving me a meagre 5 mil budget.

OUT:

Glen Loovens 2 mil + 50%

Willo Flood 3 mil + 50%

Paul McGowan 400.000

Pat McCourt 400.000

Barry Robson 3 mil

Shunsuke Nakamura 3 mil

Massimo Donati 3 mil

Marc Crosas ln fee 1 mil

Sandro Burki 2 mil + 50%

Scott McDonald 4.5 mil + 50%

Andreas Hinkel 3.5 mil + 50%

and a bunch of loans and free transfers

Total 26.25 mil

IN:

Diego Lugano free

Robert Lewandowski 1 mil

Franco Zuculini 1.7 mil

Sofiane feghouli 7 mil

Marquinhos 5.5 mil

Mauro Zarate 5 mil

David Beckham 3 mil

Total 23 mil

Team:

Boruc (Zaluska)

Opare (Wilson)

Lugano (Caldwell)

Reginiussen (O'Dea)

Mattock (Wilson)

Beckham (Maloney)

Zuculini

Brown (Feghouli)

McGeady (Marquinhos)

Hesselink (Lewandowski)

Zarate (Fletcher)

not missing hesselink at the moment Fletcher been very very good for me so far as has his new strike partner christian bentitez coming in for 1.2m, gk has been a issue for me boruc keeps missing training for no reason so I decide to sign a new one and of course he cant play CL so I had to use cervi in all the CL games, my group was a bitch Roma Liverpool and Olympiakos, I managed to finish 2nd in the group which sent liverpool of of the CL, they finished 3rd Roma topped the group.

So with 16 games in the league played Im top by 6 points over Rangers with Hearts bottom by 3 over Hamilton. Me and Rangers have already broke away from the pack we are 16 and 10 clear of 3rd placed Dundee United and I guess now if I keep winning I should walk this, hopefully not shooting myself in the foot by saying that.

Here is my final CL group in my last game I got killed by liverpool 4-0 but still I went through

ChampionsLeagueGroup_celtic.jpg

just drew Arsenal in 1st knockout round as well damn this game got it in for me still top of the league by a mile looks like only thing stopping me winning this is if the club goes out of business lol

Just started a Celtic game and it's going OK so far. Beat Rangers early in the league and am now top by 4 points after 11 games. Europe's a different matter, though. I got what I thought was a good Champions League draw with Lyon, Sporting and Kiev and after beating Kiev at home I've lost to Sporting away and Lyon at home. Getting into the knockout stages might be quite tricky now.

I've not made too many signings, with the main ones being Steven Defour, Alexis Sanchez, Emerson and Davide Santon. I'm now wondering whether to renew Nakamura's contract before he gets picked up for free. I'm thinking of selling him eventually anyway but I'd rather get a decent fee for him and I can't see that happening if he's only got 6 months left on his contract.

I'm also thinking I may need a new pair of strikers. VoH and McDonald are great in the league but they really don't cut it in Europe and I think I should be able to get good money for them next summer after a season of banging in the goals in Scotland. Also, any thoughts on selling Robson? He's pretty good but he's attracting a lot of interest from the EPL. I've already turned down £2.5m for him, but I'm thinking anything around £4m might be worth taking.

Finished my first season now and it was pretty successful. Did the treble and only lost once in the league (away to Motherwell). Got to the knockout stages in Europe after a good run in my last three group games and was soundly thrashed by Inter over the two legs.

Now I have a bit of a problem. As expected, I'm getting a lot of interest in a lot of players. I'm wary of making too many changes because I'll still need home-grown players for the Champions League squad and I don't want to upset squad harmony too much. Having said that, there are a lot of players I'd like to buy now, before the big clubs come in for them because I think the best way to be successful with Celtic in Europe is going to be buying good, relatively young players, getting a few seasons of work out of them and then selling them for a nice profit.

So, out of the following players does anyone have any advice who I should sell and for how much (bearing in mind I'll need some home-grown players for Europe):

McGeady

Nakamura

O'Dea

Robson

McDonald

Vennegoor of Hesselink

Caldwell

Kennedy

Naylor

Maloney

Boruc

Emerson

Brown

I'm thinking both strikers will go as I have Sanchez and Lewandowski and I could bring in either Keirrison or Marquinhos as well. I also have a whole bunch of promising young strikers. Nakamura and Emerson are on high wages and are getting old so will probably go as well. Beyond that I think it's going to be a case of seeing how much I'm offered for these players.

I am playing an edit game where Rangers and Celtic have replaced Hull and Stoke in the EPL. After the first season i got £28m for McGeady from Arsenal. They asked how much i wanted and as i wasnt keen on selling i asked for £28m, and got it! I got £4m for McDonald after season 2 and let VoH go on a free after his contract ran out.

Boruc went to Real Madrid for £4m and i got Enke from hannover free, Madrid then offered Boruc back to me in the January for £3.8m i guess they didnt like his style eh!

I keep O'Dea as he has developed into a good squad player, as well as Maloney and Caldwell (although no pace). You should get good regens coming through to fill out the CL squad due to the good youth facilities so i would keep a couple of the first team Scots you have just now, and probably Caddis from the reserves as he can develop well.

Just started my second season now. I ended up selling everyone on my list above except McGeady, Kennedy, Caldwell, Naylor, Maloney and Boruc. Emerson also stayed because clubs couldn't afford the wages he wanted. I sold a bunch of other fringe players too.

I went a bit overboard signing lots of regens (signed almost 30 in total), but I tend to buy anybody who is either cheap and rated "good" or better by my scouts or anybody labelled a "sign at all costs" assuming the price isn't extreme. I'm happy with the signings and quite a few are now out on loan. In fact, the First Division is made up of about half my reserve and U19 team!

My signings for the first team were Radoi (£5m), Di Maria (£5m) and Marquinhos (£11m), though Di Maria is unavailable for the CL this season. Marquinhos has 3 in 2 games and so far the team seems even better than last year especially now I have pace on both wings. The only slight problem is my team's a little lacking in depth this year but once all those kids develop over the course of a season that problem should be sorted.

One annoyance is that Rangers were somehow 2nd seeds on the CL while I was 3rd, depsite me qualifying for the knockout stages last year and Rangers only finished 3rd in their group. Even worse: I have a group with Chelsea, Roma and Partizan so getting into the knockout stages is looking really difficult.

10 games in to my 3rd season now. trying to improve my squad as we still keep shipping goals. won the league 2 years in a row and qualified for the last 16 twice aswell.. but ALWAYS get the best teams.. first season i got inter and second second i got chelsea.. doesnt look like im qualifying this year mind you with Real Madrid, Benfica and PSG in my group.. all of them are pretty awesome at the moment. but i'm hoping my front line of Marquinhos, Keirrisson, Balotelli and Fletcher gel and start to do what i bought them for and that's to make a dent in the champions league. my starting line up as of october 2010 is:

Boruc

Hinkel/Caddis

Misun/Guilherme

O'Dea

Apam

Nakamura/Balotelli

McGeady/Maloney

Brown

Crosas

Keirrisson/Falcao

Marquinhos/Fletcher

managed to get all the forwards for reasonable prices too with the highest being £13m for falcao but i'm trying to keep the squad as "celtic" as possible so dont want to go slashing the cash to improve the weak links in my team

also signed Eggert Jonsson from Hearts as a back up for Scott Brown, and he seems to do well in all the cup games along with Willo Flood

Also annoying when Rangers get a higher seeding than I do when I'm champions and always go further than them... guess it's commin (Mike J)

Looks like a solid team you have there. I'm just coming to the end of my second season with the league as good as won for the second year and a good draw against Falkirk in the semi-final of the cup. I lost to Rangers in the semi-final of the league cup after they equalised 4 minutes into injury time and then beat me on penalties so I won't be getting two trebles in a row.

Amazingly I qualified from my CL group despite drawing with Partizan in my first match and losing to Chelsea and Roma in the next two games. I then went on to win all three of the next matches, including Chelsea away. Admittedly Roma had player sent off in the first 15 minutes and Chelsea played a weakened side as they'd already qualified, but I had to come back from 0-2 down against them to win 3-2. Then, like Steve Flares, I got a tough draw against Liverpool and got knocked out in the second round of the CL just after Christmas.

I think the seeding thing might be to do with the fact Celtic had a couple of bad years in Europe (the UEFA co-efficients are really low ont he club rankings screen since they were knocked out by Artemdia before making the CL group stage one year and then played poorly in the group stage the next), while Rangers reached a UEFA cup final. Still annoying, though.

My team right now is:

Boruc

Santon

Misun

Radoi

McManus

Zucculini

Defour

McGeady

Di Maria

Sanchez

Marquinhos

I've got good back-up on the bench and a few decent regens coming through. I'm not quite so concerned with keeping the team as "Celtic" as possible, but I still have the likes of Naylor, Caldwell and Maloney around as good rotation players.

The big challenge with Celtic is managing the team in the summer to try to balance the need to keep your best players with the reality of not being able to keep them happy if they really want to leave. It's going to be another struggle in the summer to keep the team together or find the best replacements if some of them leave. I think timing is the most important thing here. You will lose some good players because you're playing in a weak league and you need to make sure you sell at the right time to make a good profit.

Started new season in patch 9.3 and managed to do the treble in my first season. Unfortunately was terrible in the Champions League coming last and out of Europe.

Season 2008/09

Transfers in

Alberto Paloschi - Parma (£1m)

Cristian Molinaro - Juventus (£325k)

Steven Fletcher - Hibs (£1.8m)

James McCarthy - Hamilton (£725k)

Razvan Ochirosii - Steau (£180k)

Mamadou Sakho - PSG (£8.5m)

Transfers out

Bobo Balde - Le Mans (£20k)

Gorgios Samaras - Wolfsburg (£1.5m)

Mark Wilson - Sunderland (£2.9m)

Massimo Donati - Parma (£975k)

League Table

1st Celtic-----------100pts

2nd Rangers---------89pts

3rd Dundee United---62pts

Season 2009/10

Managed to do the treble again and to make the title win that much sweeter I won against Rangers at home. Did a lot better in the Champions League coming second in the group behind Man Utd. Got Inter in the next round and managed to win 3-0 at home which surprised even me. Unfortunately they won 3-0 away and lost 9-8 on pens.

Transfers in

Zaluska - Dundee United (free)

Henrique - Barcelona (£4.6m)

Michael Johnson - Man City (Loan)

Julien Faubert - West Ham (£5m)

Radek Sirl - Zenit (£5.25m)

Henri Saivet - Bordeaux (£3m)

Daniel Opare (£110k)

Transfers out

Paul Hartley - free

Lee Naylor - Kobenhavn (free)

Glen Loovens - Hull (£425k)

Chris Killen - Brentford (£50k)

Burki - QPR (£1.1m)

Darren O'Dea - Sunderland (£2.5m)

Milan Misun - Aab (£500k)

John Kennedy - Portsmouth (£2m)

League Table

1st Celtic-----------105pts

2nd Rangers---------90pts

3rd Hearts-----------64pts

Top League Goal Scorers

1st Steven Fletcher - 22 goals (28 app)

2nd Alberto Paloschi - 21 goals (26 app)

3rd Kyle Lafferty - 12 goals

Season 20010/11

Only just started my third season and still in pre-season but here are the transfers I have made so far.

Transfers in

Lorenzo De Silvestre - Inter/Lazio (£3m)

Vaclav Kadlec - Sparta Prague (£60k)

Michael Johnson - Man City (£1.8m)

Moussa Sissoko - Toulouse FC (£7.75m)

Transfers out

Mark Brown - free

Andreas Hinkel - Hoffenheim (£1.8m)

Scott McDonald - Sunderland (£3.5m)

Petar Skuletic - Vojvodina (£775k)

ok, im on season 2014/2015, won the leage for the last 6 years. has anyone experianced rangers being far too good in the future? they keep finding players which are worth around 8-11 million and signing them on free transfers?? total bugging me!! plus we end up going to round about 100 points per season! any advice?

I'm only three seasons in and I haven't really seen Rangers sign too many quality players, other than one good regen from Arsenal I had my eye on.

They do seem to always be favourites for Old Firm matches at Ibrox, though, even when I have such a superior team and a perfect league record against them since I took over. I would say I have noticed that Rangers seem to keep pace with my Celtic team much more in the league than they did the first season. They dropped points in 4 of their first 8 league games in my first season but last year they took me right down tot he last Old Firm match.

100 points or more is normal when you have such good teams in such a weak league. For me, the Celtic game is all about improving in Europe. If I could stop getting ridiculously difficult CL groups I might be able to do something about that.

Quick update of my Celtic game:

I'm approaching January in season 3 and I managed to keep all my best players over the summer, with the exception of Zucculini. However, I somehow managed to convince Veloso to come to CEltic so I'm not too unhappy! I got another horrible group in the CL and came third behind Milan and Valencia so it's the UEFA cup for me after Christmas. I'm hoping next season I'll be second seed for the CL as my past performances have all been pretty good.

Knocked Rangers out of the league cup in the quarters, so that's now mine to lose. The league, as usual, is going quite well. 7 ahead of Rangers after two Old Firm matches and still unbeaten this season in the league.

My major problem now is keeping people happy as a lot of my stars want to move to bigger clubs. I held on to Santon in the summer because I couldn't find a suitable replacement that would come to Celtic but he's attracting a lot of interest from really big clubs (one of them being Inter, ironically). I've also got Defour wanting to leave and I think I may have to sell him in the summer to stop him leaving on a free in 2012. McGeady, Marquinhos, Sanchez, Radoi and Boruc may also start to look elsewhere.

I think I can probably keep the strikers, but the other three will be much more difficult to hold on to. This leaves me with a big problem as there aren't too many suitable replacements out there. I'm annoyed that I've missed out on Vukcevic, Kuzmanovic and Feghouli this season - I had offers accepted on all of them and they all moved to other clubs in favour of me. I may have to rely on some of my regens coming good sooner than I'd hoped. Either way I think the summer is going to be very tricky indeed. I just hope the board keep backing me with good transfer funds. They should do as the club is debt-free, doing fairly well in Europe and now has a 75,000 seat stadium.

Maybe a contentious issue, but has anyone ever managed to sign John Fleck as Celtic?

Maybe a contentious issue, but has anyone ever managed to sign John Fleck as Celtic?

I was thinking about it today but couldnt bring myself to do it.

tried it, never works!!!

rangers will sell him but fleck never wants a contract.

I've had Bazza at Celtic (just to laugh at the Rangers) in earlier versions of the game

Trick is to get Fleck to move to England, and then buy him back. Only onces I've managed to buy Bazza directly from Rangers

Just about to start my fourth season at Celtic and it's been one of the hardest summers I've ever faced in any FM game. I won the treble last year but got knocked out of the CL in 3rd place in my group, then narrowly lost to Man Utd in the UEFA cup first knockout stage. Somehow, despite me out-performing them every season in Europe Rangers are ranked 12th in the European rankings and I'm 23rd.

Many of the players I bought in my first season have decided it's time to move on and both Santon and Defour were unhappy and wanted to move for the last few months of the season. To make matters worse I'd let my wages get a littlet oo high, leaving me very little room to bring in new players.

So, I sold Santon and Defour (not a huge fee for Santon but I got a 25% of next fee clause added, so I'm happy). The other major sale was Veloso. He was immense last season, scoring 13 goals and performing brilliantly, but Napoli and Juve came in with big offers and he was on £77k a week so I let him go. Realistically I was never going to be able to keep him so I just had to make sure I got the best value I could for him. I sold a bunch of fringe players too and raked in around £40m in funds.

So that's the bad news. The good news: I replaced Defour with Feghouli and Veloso with Witsel for a small net profit. Santon was replaced by Rafinha who came for free after his contract at Schalke expired. I've also brought in Texeira and Haruna to bolster the squad and got Carrizo from Lazio to replace Boruc who I loaned out to Real.

There were some problems with squad harmony with all the tranfers but that seems to have calmed down now. I now have a much leaner squad, with the dead weight removed and I'm getting a few good regens who should now be able to play a few first-team games this season. Also, this being my fourth season I don't have to worry so much about home-grown players for the CL squad. If I can fend off itnerest from Chelsea on Alexis Sanchez I'll be perfectly set, I think. The goal fort he upcoming season is to get further than I have before in Europe. Hopefully I'll be second seeds in the CL draw.

My team for next season:

GK: Carrizo

RB: Rafinha

LB: Misun

DC: N'Kolou

DC: Radoi

MC: Witsel

MC: Feghouli

ML: Granet (quality regen)

MR: McGeady

ST: Marquinhos

ST: Sanchez

Subs:

Volpe (regen GK)

Marrazina

Papadopolous

Haruna

Di Maria

Texeira

Mannini (regen striker)

And that still leaves me players like Oscar, Mattock and Kadlec to come in if needed.

Just about to start my fourth season at Celtic and it's been one of the hardest summers I've ever faced in any FM game. I won the treble last year but got knocked out of the CL in 3rd place in my group, then narrowly lost to Man Utd in the UEFA cup first knockout stage. Somehow, despite me out-performing them every season in Europe Rangers are ranked 12th in the European rankings and I'm 23rd.

Many of the players I bought in my first season have decided it's time to move on and both Santon and Defour were unhappy and wanted to move for the last few months of the season. To make matters worse I'd let my wages get a littlet oo high, leaving me very little room to bring in new players.

So, I sold Santon and Defour (not a huge fee for Santon but I got a 25% of next fee clause added, so I'm happy). The other major sale was Veloso. He was immense last season, scoring 13 goals and performing brilliantly, but Napoli and Juve came in with big offers and he was on £77k a week so I let him go. Realistically I was never going to be able to keep him so I just had to make sure I got the best value I could for him. I sold a bunch of fringe players too and raked in around £40m in funds.

So that's the bad news. The good news: I replaced Defour with Feghouli and Veloso with Witsel for a small net profit. Santon was replaced by Rafinha who came for free after his contract at Schalke expired. I've also brought in Texeira and Haruna to bolster the squad and got Carrizo from Lazio to replace Boruc who I loaned out to Real.

There were some problems with squad harmony with all the tranfers but that seems to have calmed down now. I now have a much leaner squad, with the dead weight removed and I'm getting a few good regens who should now be able to play a few first-team games this season. Also, this being my fourth season I don't have to worry so much about home-grown players for the CL squad. If I can fend off itnerest from Chelsea on Alexis Sanchez I'll be perfectly set, I think. The goal fort he upcoming season is to get further than I have before in Europe. Hopefully I'll be second seeds in the CL draw.

My team for next season:

GK: Carrizo

RB: Rafinha

LB: Misun

DC: N'Kolou

DC: Radoi

MC: Witsel

MC: Feghouli

ML: Granet (quality regen)

MR: McGeady

ST: Marquinhos

ST: Sanchez

Subs:

Volpe (regen GK)

Marrazina

Papadopolous

Haruna

Di Maria

Texeira

Mannini (regen striker)

And that still leaves me players like Oscar, Mattock and Kadlec to come in if needed.

How is Misun turning out for you? I had to sell him as could not get his stats to improve and was giving me average performances. I've had Molinaro and Sirl at the left back position who are doing well.

Misun's come on really well for me. He was about as good as Naylor to start with so I played him as my first choice and four years later he's keeping Mattock out the team. He's very strong and defensively solid. He's maybe not quite as good going forward as I would like but I'm going to concentrate his training on technique a bit more to improve his crossing skills.

He's definitely not one of the stars of the team but he counts as home-grown now, IIRC, and he doesn't ask for big wages or complain at all. I may have just been a bit lucky with him but he's a solid fullback even in Europe.

Having said that, I'm trying to persuade an absolutely amazing regen DL to come to me and if he does Misun may find himself under pressure this season.