FM2009: Official Glasgow Celtic

thursobhoy

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so its pretty realistic then after last nights showing, maybe you need a new tatic for europe mate.

Thats the weird thing mate I'm creating chances but finding it harder to score in Europe than in the league. Probably the best bet is a new tactic. Thinking about a 451 counter attack formation.

How do you know the conidition is poor? I guess they would only relay it at the end of the season because you couldnt during the season

From the information screen, you can change diffirent sets of info to view from a drop down menu at the top left of the screen...select 'stadium and facilitioes' and pitch condition should be the 5th from the bottom of the list.

Also has anybody had the pitch relayed when the condition is poor ? Iv asked the board to relay it because my performances at home are not as good as usual and the board have rejected my request. Has anyone had this problem

I've just managed to get my pitch relayed...I had to wait till my pitch condition was 'terrible', and they will only relay it in the close season.

Thats the weird thing mate I'm creating chances but finding it harder to score in Europe than in the league. Probably the best bet is a new tactic. Thinking about a 451 counter attack formation.

i have come to the conclusion that this games is all tatics tatics tatics. I had a tatic that worked great with rangers, i then got the spurs job where I am just now and the tatic would not work at all. I had a terrible 1st season changing tatics left right and centre, now I think I may have one that works. It could be the same, you may need a tatic domestically and for european competition.

In Europe iv got a really good tactic that works. Its a flat 4-4-2 with normal mentality , short passing at slow tempo and normal width. I got to the UEFA Cup Quarter Final getting beat by Inter on away goals. That same season i put out Liverpool 4-2 on aggregate so its been a very successful tactic for me.

In Europe iv got a really good tactic that works. Its a flat 4-4-2 with normal mentality , short passing at slow tempo and normal width. I got to the UEFA Cup Quarter Final getting beat by Inter on away goals. That same season i put out Liverpool 4-2 on aggregate so its been a very successful tactic for me.

Who do you have in your defence mate?

Slipknot67 , please dont tell me your assistant is frank de boer

Yeah, I'm afraid he is...Pendrey left me in the lurch mid-way through last season and I tried promoting Neil Lennon to Assistent manager but he didn't want the job!!! So placed an advert and he was the only applicant with decent stats. :o

Right here goes folks, Started 1 last week, unfortunately due to work commitments etc not been able to play it since!

i`ll tell you where i`m at, pre-season. first thing i done, got rid of most of the deadwood staff and brought in more continental approach to the club, finger crossed it helps my champions league hopes.

secondly, i began my complete revamp of the current playing squad.

b105b264af.jpg

the only player out you cant see is hesselink to heerenveen for 4.2 million!

Now, just a week away from the big kick off, updates will follow!

Before starting the second season I was informed that Celtic Park would be expanded to a 75,000

all seater stadium. I was also offered the Nigeria job but turned it down.

SPL: Finished 1st, 9 points clear of Rangers

Champions League: Finished 3rd in a group with Chelsea, Lyon and Standard.

UEFA Cup: Put out in 1st Knockout Round by Kobenhaven 7-6 on aggregate.

CIS Cup: Drew 0-0 with Rangers in the final, winning 8-7 on penalties.

Scottish Cup: Beat Dundee United 1-0 in the final.

Sold: McDonald (West Ham - £7.25m), Samaras (Hull - £5m), Loovens (Ajax - £4.5m), McGlinchey

(Swansea - £350k) - Total Received £17m

Bought: Jack Wilshere (Arsenal - £4.2m), Steven Fletcher (Hibernian - £2.7m), Henri Saivet

(Bordeaux - £5.25m in January), Miralem Sulejmani (Ajax - Loan in January) - Total Paid £12.25m

Fans Player of the Year: Aiden McGeady

Top Goalscorer: Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (27)

Highest Average Rating: Massimo Donati - 7.27 (47 apps)

Average Attendance: 63252

Just beat Rangers 5-0 in my first Olf Firm derby :cool:

Keirrison (2), Bougherra og, Vagner Love and Joao Moutinho with the goals.

Transfer window shuts with a grand total of 63 players coming in :D Only Boruc survives from the original first team.

Will post screenshots of transfers later.

I've just started my 2010/2011 season with Celtic having won the domestic treble in the previous season, with Rangers finishing second and with no trophies (domestic or european). However I have had to play two rounds of qualifiers (and was unseeded for both) for the Champions League when the winner of the SPL goes straight into the group stage but I thought that Scotland's co-efficient or whatever must be shocking but when I was viewing the draw (I was fourth seed) I was astonished to see that Rangers were seeded second having finished runner up in the league.

Absolutely ridiculous.

first season went reasonably well for me, albeit with a poor showing in the champions league(rings a bell) here`s a brief summary.

League - 1st position. won with few games to spare, hearts 2nd, huns 3rd

League Cup - knocked out in quarters away to eventual winners motherwell, fielded reserve side

Scottish Cup - winners v hearts in final 4-2

Champions League - 4th in group of Arsenal, Porto & Fiorentina (not easiest group)

Decided to adopt a new approach and sign only under 21 players(hope to build team for next few years) and get rid of most of the squad, average age of 19 i had for first league game of new season, drew 0-0 away to pars then 1-1 at home to hibees. will post a screenshot of my team.

Mon the hoops!

Here is my team, 2 games into spl already 4 behind rangers, need to get it going. changed tactics to more productive attacking style of play.

ba72174d1d.jpg

edit to add, got drawn against lokomotiv moscow, sporting lisbon and liverpool in champions league draw, fingers crossed, should be guaranteed uefa cup at the very least!

Here is my team, 2 games into spl already 4 behind rangers, need to get it going. changed tactics to more productive attacking style of play.

ba72174d1d.jpg

edit to add, got drawn against lokomotiv moscow, sporting lisbon and liverpool in champions league draw, fingers crossed, should be guaranteed uefa cup at the very least!

Really interesting to see that you have no players from the original squad and your only in season 2 :0

What happened to mcgeady and boruc??? I can understand leaving the rest go ha ha

mcgeady went to man city for £20 million in season 1 and boruc went to sampdoria in season 2 for £7.5 million

had ben foster coming in on a free from man utd so decided to let him go, i agree, when your sharing the game with people it makes it so much more interesting!

anyways, just about to load it up again, mon the hoops!

Season 3 (2010/2011)

Celtic F.C.

In the Summer I made major, major changes in the squad as you will see below and the average age of my team is down to 20. I was also offered the Fiorentina and Chelsea jobs but decided to stick around for at least another season, until I have made some progress in the Champions League.

Sold: McGeady (Man City - £23.5m), Nakamura (Birmingham - £5m), Naylor (Reading - £4m), Robson (Middlesborough - £3m), Hartley (Reading - £1m), Fox (Leicester - £1m), Conroy (Cardiff - £240k), Caldwell (Sunderland - £4.5m) - Total Received £42.5m

Bought: Joe Mattock (Leicester - £3m), Antonio Ferraro (Palermo - £2.1m), Vittorio Balzano (Palermo - £1m), Marco Ezio Fossati (Inter - £1m), James McCarthy (Hamilton - £200k), Vaclav Kadlec (Sparta Prague - £50k) - Total Paid £7.25m

SPL: Finished 1st, 13 points clear of Hearts (played my Under 19s against Hearts & Dundee United in the split to help Rangers finish fourth ;))

Champions League: Finished bottom of a group with Man Utd, Atl Madrid and Porto with 6 points.

CIS Cup: Got Beat 2-1 by that lot in the final.

Scottish Cup: Beat Aberdeen 3-1 in the final.

Fans Player of the Year: Shaun Maloney

Top Goalscorer: Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (21)

Highest Average Rating: Shaun Maloney - 7.29 (45 apps)

Average Attendance: 70093

Average Age: 20

Just out of interest......who does everyone have as their feeder clubs. Iv got Livingstone , Burnley , Oostente and Tokyo Metro .

I have:

- Rochdale (an International partnership in which players are loaned)

- Oostende (to avoid work permit regulations)[/ul]

- Alloa (a local partnership in which players are loaned)[/ul] - Especially delightful for me as it's my hometown and old club.

- Union Espanola (Chile - the parent team has first option on the feeder team's players)[/ul]

- Liaoning (China - financial benefits for both teams)[/ul]

I also had Cork City but not long cancelled that link as the board wouldn't allow anymore and I want to try and get another one in the close season, hopefully another commercial link to get more income...

Man Utd have been sniffing around and made a £26m offer for Saivet that was promptly rejected but I'm worried that if they come back my board may cave in!

What season did you get Saivet and how is he doing for you? Had him on fm08 and he was quality for me but no idea if he is as good in 09.

Got him in January of the 2009/10 season but to be honest he has struggled badly. I've played him as a winger and started him this season as my main striker but even the fans were commenting on his performances so might just have to use him sparingly for a while yet, although Brian McClair (my assistant) says he's the best striker by a mile. Still, a potential £21m profit in a year in a half isn't bad if nothing else...

Archived