FM2009: Official Glasgow Celtic

thursobhoy

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you manage to get Van Der Vaart, was he listed or unhappy??

I was able to sell MacDonald for 7.5m and Jan for 5m

then I brought in Vagner Love for 12m and Fletcher for 2.5.

Also I sold Signors Donati for 2.5m and Naylor for 2m.

Too bad Naka only manage to get 2.5m for him cos I forgot to offer hima contract then I realise he expires in summer 09, then i just quickly sold him in Dec :S

Vagner Love has been scoring like crazy in Scotland!!!!!

Also bought Borja Oubina (DM/CM) from Celta Vigo and he has a knack for scoring 35 yard late winner which always helps :p.

Won the league by 20 points and also the Scottish Cup. Top scorer was McDonald who I then sold to Boro for £10m.

Managed to pick up Jo from Man City on a free in January. :confused:

I've brought in Wilshere from Arsenal (£2.5m) and Henri Saivet is coming for £6.5m - should have a decent young team for my 2nd season.

Shipped out Naylor, Wilson and Donati for around £7m between em. Also managed to get rid of Bobo and Killen.

Brought in Paulo Ferreira, Belletti (loan), Alexandre Song (loan) and a few others I've forgotten. :D In work and was on it last night.

Started off ok - P4 W3 D1 L0; inc beating the Sons of Satan 1-0 @ home. Joint top with Abersheep.

Just started with Celtic but with the patched game so there are some differences in the game. Marcelo is not available in my game now but was in the demo. Played 1st friendly against bremen and got beat 4-2. might just use the 442 attacking or normal tactic.

SPL Currently

P8 W7 D1 L0 F21 A2 Pts22

CL

P3 W2 D0 L1 F5 A4 Pts6 (Beat Juve @ home and Aalborg away, lost to Lyon away)

I am playing direct football in a sort of 4-1-1-2-2 with 2 attacking wing-backs and AMR / AML pushing forward.

Playing a rotation system based on fitness with the following players:

Boruc

Brown

Belletti (loan from Chelsea)

Hinkel

Caddis

Alexandre Song (loan from Arsenal)

Caldwell

McManus

O'Dea

Paulo Ferreira (signed from Chelsea for £1.33m)

Brian Easton (signed from Accies - doing brilliantly)

Crosas

Edgar Davids (signed on a free)

Tony Stephenson (also from Accies, bargain - doing great)

Nakamura

Brown

Hartley

Ljungberg (free)

McGeady

Maloney

Robson

Samaras

McDonald

Steven Fletcher

Mehmet Yildiz (Signed from Sivasspor in Turkey. Doing ok, not great, not bad)

Vennegoor of Hesselink (Broke leg 3 mins into season! :mad:)

Sheridan

7 points clear in the league after 8 games and not far away from qualifying for the last 16, as only need 4 points from 3 games.

to the guy who said rangers get 26 million in november. I was rangers in season one and made it into the champions league sold a number of players, in november i only got an extra £7 million to spend. So either that has been sorted or it was a lie. Don't worry about it.

Managing in soctland btw look at darren barr and chriptophe berra, berra is quality in season 2.

Marcelo was a good call earlier in the thread, got a 7.9 average for him with 3 games of the 09-10 season left.

McGeady - don't know if anyone else got this, but I had offers left, right and centre for him. Moved him out for £16m to Real.

Samaras and McDonald have gone, couldn't get either one to play. Brought in a Pole called Lowendowski or something, he's excellent.

One thing though...

I asked the board to expand the stadium which they agreed to and said that it would affect my attendance through September time. Is there a screen anywhere you can check the progress of the stadium or gives the stadium stats (like pitch size, maximum seating etc.)?

Iv just started my second season and im now trying a thing where my transfer policy is i can only sign british players.I obviously have a few foreigners but hope to get rid of most of them soon.

MY SQUAD

Boruc, Brown

Caddis, Caldwell ,O'Dea, McManus , Barr , Guilherme

Brown, Hartley , Robson , McGeady , Maloney , McCarthy , McCarthur, Arfield

Sheridan, McDonald , Fletcher , Sturridge , JVOH

won the league by 12 points in first season. hearts second

1st season i brought in

insua(loan)

wijnaldum-£3.2m

dieguinho-brazilian left back for £1.5m

eugene selznyov- decent striker for £700k

mendes da silva-£4.3m

d'alessandro-£2.7m

hossam ghaly on loan

sergio mota-£3.8m

sold mcmanus for £5m

nakamura for £4m

donati for £4.1m

league was easy. terrible in CL though

second season i robbed the relegated west ham

Dean Ashton-£7m

Valon Behrami-£7.25m

Craig Bellamy-£1.5m

Vincent Enyeama-£325k

Adel Taraabt-£2.8m

Oguchi Onyewu-Free

Stephan Poulain-£1m

Sotiris Ninis-£3.9m

sold

naylor-£2.5m

robson-£3.1m

selznyov-£7m

samaras-£2m

maloney-£6m

trying to buy for the future and hopefully be able to do something in the CL soon!

Well just started my first season after finally getting the game working.

Players signed:

Emiliano Insua (Liverpool) - Loan

Steven Fletcher (Hibs) - £2.9m

Francesco Bolzoni (Inter) - Loan

Martin Caceres (Barcelona) - Loan

Abin Ekdal (Juventus) - Loan

Tom De Mul (Sevilla) - Loan

Macauley Chrisantus (HSV) - £1.1m

Keirrison (Coritiba) - £3.2m

James McCarthy (Hamilton) - £1.6m

Players out:

Killen (Sheff Wed) - £90k

Massimo Donati (Hoffenheim) - £3m

Mark Wilson (Fulham) - £2.5m

Dominic Cervi (Genoa) - £26k

Jean Pierre Doumbe (Club Sportif Sedan Ardennes) - £160k

I'm currently in November playing a 442 formation and sitting comfortably at the top of the table 10 points ahead Rangers. Not doing well in Europe, can't seem to take my league form into the champions league.

Leave him on loan until he's played a few games for Ghana then offer him a new contract and he should get a WP.

Started a new game with Celtic as I wanted to play with more leagues.

Man City are ridiculous in this game, noticed they were interested in Mark Brown so offered him out for 15m fully expecting no bids. A few days later they come back with a 15m offer :D

Almost felt guilty confirming the transfer.

Leave him on loan until he's played a few games for Ghana then offer him a new contract and he should get a WP.

Started a new game with Celtic as I wanted to play with more leagues.

Man City are ridiculous in this game, noticed they were interested in Mark Brown so offered him out for 15m fully expecting no bids. A few days later they come back with a 15m offer :D

That is crazy. Think I'll try that one.

I bought Fletcher from Hibs in my first season, they bought Eugene Seleznyov from shaktar for 1.2 million with some of the money I gave them.........his stats don't look that great, but at the start of December he has scored 16 in 17 appearences for em.....so I am tryin for him in January!

Just about to start the second season after the following first season:

SPL: Finished 1st, 6 points clear of Rangers

Champions League: Finished bottom of a group consisting off Barcelona, Anderlecht & Schalke

CIS Cup: Beat Hearts 3-0 in the final

Scottish Cup: Put out in a QF replay by Rangers due to a 123rd minute Fat Boyd goal

Sold: Perrier-Doumbe (ESTAC - £500k), Killen (Sheff Wed - £500k), Balde (PSG - £1.5m) and Hinkel (Hoffenheim - £3.5m). Also got rid of a couple of youngsters for peanuts and loan fees for Samaras and McCourt.

Bought: Alvaro Del Pino (Recreativo - £750k)

Fans Player of the Year: Massimo Donati

Had a bit more activity this summer so far though having sold McDonald to West Ham for £7.25m, Samaras to Hull for £5m and Mike McGlinchey to Swansea for £350k. Have brought in Steven Fletcher from Hibs for £2.7m and Jack Wilshere from Arsenal for £4.2m and that'll be my only signings this season I think...

Well played mate :) Europe is just as hard in the second season, well it was for me :( Finished last in a group of Liverpool Real Madrid and Saint Etienne. Wilshere is class, i just got him in January second season for 2.5m, i could have waited and got him on a pre contract at the end of the season but i needed him and so far he has played very well. Also i splashed out on Javi Martinez(centre mid) from Valencia (i think) for 10m and he has been outstanding so far. Scored a screamer against Rangers :D

You won't believe this but I noticed Man City were interested in Mark Brown like your game. Offered him for £25m and they accepted. Got £19.25m up front with the rest spread over. Well think it's fair to say we have caught onto a bug in the game.

Also i splashed out on Javi Martinez(centre mid) from Valencia (i think) for 10m and he has been outstanding so far. Scored a screamer against Rangers :D

That's him repaid the £10m already then!

Almost feel like I've paid over the top for Wilshere, especially when he won't be a regular in his first season unless I got rid of a couple of players like Nakamura and Robson.

The other little bug that annoys me is that if you win the league then you're first game of the season is always away from home when IRL it's always at home so you can raise the championship flag!

You won't believe this but I noticed Man City were interested in Mark Brown like your game. Offered him for £25m and they accepted. Got £19.25m up front with the rest spread over. Well think it's fair to say we have caught onto a bug in the game.

yeah definitely a bug, I'd have been happy to get 300k for him tbh.

Used the money to bring in Srna though :cool:

Thats 44.75m plus Ched Evans I've got off Man City for Brown and mcgeady :D

yeah definitely a bug, I'd have been happy to get 300k for him tbh.

Used the money to bring in Srna though :cool:

Thats 44.75m plus Ched Evans I've got off Man City for Brown and mcgeady :D

How's Srna for you? Did consider going for him but opted for Emanuelson and Joe Mattock as back up.

Iv just noticed that Man Utd are interested in Mark Brown lol. Maybe because iv signed Ben Foster on a pre contract but thats still no excuse to be interested in a player like him :D

Im also very ****ed off right now because iv been offered banega for £5 million but that would break my transfer policy of signing british and irish only :(

Just started my Celtic game and after reading this thread I decided to do the old McGeady to Man City (£20 million) Also sold Donati to Hoffenheim for £ 4 million. Anyway, with that money I've purchased; Tuncay (£7.75 million), Leonardo Ponzio (£6.25 million), Pavel Porgebnyak (£8 million) and Emilio Insua on loan. So far so good, played four won four, scored 13 and conceded 1. My finest moment to date has to be the absolute hammering I just administered to that "lot" from Govan, totally and utterly annhilated them 6-1 at Celtic Park with an og from McGregor, double from big Vennegoor, wonder goal from Scot Brown, penalty from Naka and a goal from captain fantastic McManus.

Iv just noticed that Man Utd are interested in Mark Brown lol. Maybe because iv signed Ben Foster on a pre contract but thats still no excuse to be interested in a player like him :D

Im also very ****ed off right now because iv been offered banega for £5 million but that would break my transfer policy of signing british and irish only :(

No need to swear.

Nice one mate well played, hopefully i nmy 3rd season i can have a better go in Europe

Thanx Ryan.....update on Europian campaign. Got drawn against Juve in last 16, lost 3-2 away....hopefully My team can sneak a goal at home and I'll be prayin Boruc can keep a clean sheet to take us into the last 8!!

I'm using a 4-4-2 diamond myself

Gk - Boruc

DL - Insua (fwd arrow)

DR - Hinkel (fwd arrow)

CD - McManus (bkwd arrow)

CD - Caldwell (bkwd arrow)

DMC - Ponzio (bkwd arrow)

LM - Naka (fwd arrow)

RM - Brown (fwd arrow)

AMC - Tuncay (fwd arrow)

ST - Vennegoor

ST -Pogrebnyak

My mentality is attacking with creative freedom just below tiny bit below at normal. I play a short passing style at a conservative tempo and a normal width. I also utilise a playmaker and target man.

First game in CL (group consists of Man Utd, Bayern and Shakhtar) there at home against Man Utd by 70 was 3-0 down, nothing was going right and had squandered few chances. By 85 minute courteousy of a goal apiece from the two subs; McDonald and Maloney we were back in the match, and although Maloney nearly snatched a draw with freekick in dying minutes, it wasn't to be and poor showing in first half might come back to haunt me.

First game in CL (group consists of Man Utd, Bayern and Shakhtar) there at home against Man Utd by 70 was 3-0 down, nothing was going right and had squandered few chances. By 85 minute courteousy of a goal apiece from the two subs; McDonald and Maloney we were back in the match, and although Maloney nearly snatched a draw with freekick in dying minutes, it wasn't to be and poor showing in first half might come back to haunt me.

Don't know what it is but I'm finding it so much harder in europe than before even though I am dominating the league. In fm 2008 I was champions League winners by the second season. In fm 2009 barely qualified for the UEFA Cup after the champions league group stages and got put out after my first round by rennes even though I totally dominated both games.

Don't know what it is but I'm finding it so much harder in europe than before even though I am dominating the league. In fm 2008 I was champions League winners by the second season. In fm 2009 barely qualified for the UEFA Cup after the champions league group stages and got put out after my first round by rennes even though I totally dominated both games.

so its pretty realistic then after last nights showing, maybe you need a new tatic for europe mate.

I'm halfway through Season #2 and finished 3rd in my CL Group and just scraped my way in to the UEFA Cup so will see how I fare in that but even struggling in the SPL this season.

Thankfully the January transfer window has opened so after some inspiration from last night I'll try and get rid of Loovens, Caldwell & Nakamura as soon as I can and bring in a quality player to help get me through this ropey period...

Iv just got some japenese club as my feeder team for merchandising reasons and iv noticed that iv got a hell of a lot more money than say having an american club as my feeder club. Im guessing this is down to nakamura and im considering just not selling him until he retires.

Also has anybody had the pitch relayed when the condition is poor ? Iv asked the board to relay it because my performances at home are not as good as usual and the board have rejected my request. Has anyone had this problem ?

Archived