Emergency game is about to start thread - Group D - Final round - Argentina vs Nigeria and Iceland vs Croatia

Redshift

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Icelander83 said:

Icelandic player heads the ball. Croatian player heads the back of Icelandic player. No foul because it's in the penalty area and that's only a foul outside the penalty area.

Football is lovely

When was heading someone while you're going for the ball a foul?

Gonzaloooooo

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

No, I'm serious.

Two players in the air, no body contact or pushing, one heads the ball and then their heads collide. Name me one penalty given for that?

That's literally what I said, you numpty. Free kicks are given for that, penalties are rarely, if ever, given for that.

Regardless of refereeing, Nigeria has zero chance if this keeps up. They are mostly just watching Argentina play. 

Still, if they can weather the storm, they have a goal in them against that backline.

1 minute ago, Rio_V said:

Regardless of refereeing, Nigeria has zero chance if this keeps up. They are mostly just watching Argentina play. 

It's not like Nigeria are parking the bus, it's just when they break they are relying on long ball tactics which isn't really working. Argentina are hardly carving Nigeria up at the moment.

Just now, Redshift said:

It's not like Nigeria are parking the bus, it's just when they break they are relying on long ball tactics which isn't really working. Argentina are hardly carving Nigeria up at the moment.

Agreed, but they seem a bit deer in the headlights at the moment. They need to play with more confidence. 

Archived