We're just over half way through, how much are you enjoying this World Cup?

Bliss Seeker

It's been ace, despite being unable to use my half-Germanness to get some success. There haven't been too many boring games and the smaller sides like Iceland and Iran have marshalled their resources admirably. Peru were brilliant  and I think this World Cup has been very enjoyable.

At the same time the fact that Wales aren't in it is a bit of a greater bother than usual, because of 2016 and the fact that I know we're better than we showed in qualification, but overall it's been ace.

Just now, VamPook said:

The quality getting even worse in the knockout stages so far

Huh? Yesterday there was two great games. Today, not so much, but we had the excitement of two penalty shootouts. 

4 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Huh? Yesterday there was two great games. Today, not so much, but we had the excitement of two penalty shootouts. 

Pens always help us forget that abject **** we have watched for 120 mins before. Its part of the fun of knockouts.... last 10 mins of ET, praying no one knocks one in so we can watch pens :D

1 minute ago, bestbrother said:

Pens always help us forget that abject **** we have watched for 120 mins before. Its part of the fun of knockouts.... last 10 mins of ET, praying no one knocks one in so we can watch pens :D

Definitely! Was quite glad that Modric missed the pen in ET :D

6 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

They are annoying if your own team are involved though.

I think the quality of football has been pretty mediocre and sometimes even bad. But you got to admit that the "turns and twist" and the surprise exits have been pretty exciting.

I also feel that there are some teams like France and Uruguay that are starting to grow in the tounement.

Archived