Sports Interactive Community

Hi I know this is for FM17, not FM18 but I can't find a thread for 17, and I desperately need help.

Every time I completely shut my laptop down, FM17 needs to finish installing itself and runs as if it was the first time again, requiring me to put in all my personal data again. When I try to open any of my current games I get the message "The save game cannot be loaded". This has happened to me over 10 times in the last 3 or 4 days and having to completely restart my save is p*ssing me off and driving me insane,

Anybody else experienced this or know how to fix it?

Also yes I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Thanks

Edited by Matt26

Hi @Matt26, I've moved this post into the FM17 technical issues forum. As for the issue you are having when you are shutting down your laptop are you doing it with FM17 closed or still running? And as for it seeming like its reinstalling are you saving your games to the cloud? If so it will be uploading them once you quit the game which looks similar in steam to when the game is installing. If you shut down your laptop before this has finished that could corrupt your file meaning it will display the 'Save game could not be loaded' message.