It came home. Hope, hope came home

Bliss Seeker

1 hour ago, Mawka said:

its coming Home? LOL home of what? WC champions will be Belgium oofc and and england won't get past quarters! 
England is and always been that Overrated team every single major competition .... and at the end we all know what happens. :)  gl on top8.

BD6DD8E0-B361-47CD-9BAA-90F0191F05FE.gif.fcb188648379b0fe30780649d68b439e.gif

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mawka said:

its coming Home? LOL home of what? WC champions will be Belgium oofc and and england won't get past quarters! 
England is and always been that Overrated team every single major competition .... and at the end we all know what happens. :)  gl on top8.

See the source image

13 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Why would that be unbalanced?

Argentina was first seed, they didn't win the group.

Germany was first seed, they probably won't win the group.

Colombia/Senegal couldn't beat Japan.

F**k the so called big name countries, they've shown nothing this tournament.

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Btw, how I imagine half of this forum looks like whenever it's coming home thing gains momentum. :D
(hint: look at the time)

SJ0O9TV.jpg

what you imagine when you're alone in the dark with a roll of Andrex is nobody's business but your own. 

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! 

1 hour ago, daylight said:

Croatia have been one of the most impressive I have seen, I didn't watch tonight's game though.

I would think a Spain vs Croatia game would be very entertaining and very close.

Croatia have looked good, however I thought that during the Euros to the extent I bet on them, they burned me man :( 

2 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Do we need to retract the Pizza Hut advert when Southgate wins the World Cup? 

That made him the man he is today.

Do you remember the fallout when he did that ad?
Christ on a bike the papers went after him, It was bloody funny!

9 hours ago, Barry Cartman said:

Do we need to retract the Pizza Hut advert when Southgate wins the World Cup? 

They should redo it but at the end he takes the bag off, "I'll get this". Pulls out the world cup and says "I'll dine out on this for years"

Cue Sam Allardyce as the server and is handed a winners medal as a tip.

Guys calm down. England have played Panama and Tunisia. Isn't it weird that the most prolific teams so far (England and Belgium) are playing it the same group and haven't met each other yet? No, because they are playing against fockin Panama and Tunisia. And England scratched a very narrow last minute win against the latter. I mean, England only have showed they can beat the poorest team in the tournament by a margin. Boy, that's impressive!

24 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Guys calm down. England have played Panama and Tunisia. Isn't it weird that the most prolific teams so far (England and Belgium) are playing it the same group and haven't met each other yet? No, because they are playing against fockin Panama and Tunisia. And England scratched a very narrow last minute win against the latter. I mean, England only have showed they can beat the poorest team in the tournament by a margin. Boy, that's impressive!

PrestigiousSilverDairycow-size_restricte

32 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Get a grip @Haiku you wet lettuce. Have you read any of the posts in here?

No, I have read the opening post and a few bellow, that let me think people are jumping on the bandwagon already, you dried sprat.

10 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I have read the opening post and a few bellow, that let me think people are jumping on the bandwagon already.

Of course we're on the bandwagon you clown, we haven't played football like this at a World Cup since 2002 and England are finally fun to watch again.  Sixteen years of scraping past Paraguay and Ecuador and Slovenia 1-0, struggling to break down the likes of Trinidad & Tobago and Algeria, goalkeepers fumbling shots into their own net or being undone time and again by an opposition goal kick slicing our defence in two.  Now we're scoring goals, playing on the front foot, and it feels magical.  Are we going to win it?  Probably not.  Are we going to enjoy the next 10 days or so until the inevitable crushing defeat?  ****ing too right.

I don't know who's the wet lettuce here, but people jumping on me only because I told them to calm down. I would love England to reach latter stages, but it's too ****ing early, and beating Panama is not a big achievement to celebrate. Tough matches coming up and I would rather focus on them before I make a judgement whether England did OK or failed on this WC.

12 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Love how people feel the need to explain how we shouldn't enjoy ourselves. ****ing bore off.

We might get knocked out in the R16 but so ****ing what? People are enjoying the experience at a major tournament for the first time in years. 

Well you shouldn't. How dare you enjoy yourself. It will all come to an end. And then I'll be the first one here saying i told you so. Well, second to wet lettuce. He can't wait.

19 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Love how people feel the need to explain how we shouldn't enjoy ourselves. ****ing bore off.

We might get knocked out in the R16 but so ****ing what? People are enjoying the experience at a major tournament for the first time in years. 

I love the "you've only beaten Tunisia and Panama!" as if in past tournaments we haven't completely embarrassed ourselves against teams we should have beaten comfortably.

This is the first tournament in years we've not been utterly disappointing, of course we're going to enjoy this.

1 hour ago, ginnybob said:

This is so true, it's refreshing to see England fans enjoying it. 

13 minutes ago, akura said:

This is so true, it's refreshing to see England fans enjoying it. 

I think that's the best part. Usually it's just your fair weather fans with flags on their car and being annoying in the pub enjoying it but even the "proper" fans are getting behind England.

First tournament I'm jealous of fans over there, I bet they are having a great time.

2 hours ago, ginnybob said:

They think they are being really clever, but actually they just come across as bellends 

16 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Everyone just seems more positive about this World Cup generally? Obviously it being a lot of fun helps a lot with that, but I wonder if the decline in how we view the CL contributes to this in some way?

Decline in how we view the CL?

Archived