Sports Interactive Community
Bliss Seeker

It came home. Hope, hope came home

GOOD OLD ENGLAND, ENGLAND THAT COULDN’T PLAY FOOTBALL, ENGLAND HAVE GOT IT IN THE BAG!

Hear that? England have got it in the bag.

Much less nervous about tomorrow than I was about Colombia, reckon we’ll be quite comfortable. 2-0 or 3-0. Must be the shortest price out of everyone to get through this round.

1 hour ago, Andrew_ said:

Here, watch this.

Really should do a remake with the current squad 😂

16 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

GOOD OLD ENGLAND, ENGLAND THAT COULDN’T PLAY FOOTBALL, ENGLAND HAVE GOT IT IN THE BAG!

Hear that? England have got it in the bag.

Much less nervous about tomorrow than I was about Colombia, reckon we’ll be quite comfortable. 2-0 or 3-0. Must be the shortest price out of everyone to get through this round.

I'm defo more relaxed. Sure I'll be pretty upset if we lost and missed a great opportunity like this but i'll happily console myself with the fact we finally won a knockout game (on pens to boot). I would have been delighted with a quarters before the tournament so will console myself with that.

I'm way less nervous, simply because if we'd have lost that game against Belgium and gone out we'd have just been a laughing stock and would have undone all the good work 

Well quarter finals was our ceiling before the tournament started, we are currently under par and whatever the result tomorrow I'm proud of my sons. 

Having said it, it's only ****ing Sweden and if we don't win I'd be absolutely devastated! 

3 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Well quarter finals was our ceiling before the tournament started, we are currently under par and whatever the result tomorrow I'm proud of my sons. 

Having said it, it's only ****ing Sweden and if we don't win I'd be absolutely devastated! 

We have an awful record against Sweden, who have a habit and are well versed in upsets. I really hope the team don't go in there with the attitude that its only Sweden, or they will bundle us straight out.

Sweden have less star quality than Colombia, but they have a much more cohesive, and effective game plan, and will be much better at denying us space. Will be a real test for us

Where on Earth are you from?
We're from England,

Where you come from,
Do you put the kettle on?

KICK IT!

Edited by Haguey

13 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

We have an awful record against Sweden, who have a habit and are well versed in upsets. I really hope the team don't go in there with the attitude that its only Sweden, or they will bundle us straight out.

Sweden have less star quality than Colombia, but they have a much more cohesive, and effective game plan, and will be much better at denying us space. Will be a real test for us

Southgate noted our poor record straight away, zero chance he's going to let the players be overconfident

13 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I think they'll be tough to breakdown but the last time we played them competitively was in Euro 2012 and we won 3-2.  They don't have Ibrahimovic now either.

Saying that don't think you can read too much into that game or the draws in 2002 and 2006. 

I think we'll just edge it.

We do have a poor record against Sweden and shouldn't take the game for granted, and I'm pretty satisfied that the noises coming from Southgate and the players suggest that they aren't going to be complacent over it.

That said, Sweden's current side are toilet - it's amazing that they're in the quarter final. We should really be winning this in normal time by at least a couple of goals.

Yeah, as others have mentioned, above.

I am far less anxious about tomorrow than I was on Tuesday.

Not because it is "just" Sweden - They are a good side who will give us a bloody hard game.

I am relaxed because, even in defeat, I would not be angry. I expected us to go out in the 2nd round before the tournament and have been delighted with the way we have played, our overall philosophy and the not caving into heinous provocation by the Colombians. Plus winning a penalty shootout. This is a young side and with our amazing progress in the younger age categories, I see a really bright future for us.

13 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

:D 

Hey I was gonna post that in here :(  :D 

3 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Hey I was gonna post that in here :(  :D 

Was it you I stole it from? Sorry mate :D 

2 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Was it you I stole it from? Sorry mate :D 

Just appeared on my TL so probably on yours too tbf :D 

Saturday 3pm. Suns out. Beer will be flowing. Everyone in the country will b such an upbeat mood. 

Just know deep down English will be English and we’ll go out 1-0 to a limp performance :( :D Would be typical.

Win and I’ll be dream land and unable to concentrate at work till 7pm Wednesday :D 

I'm on a mates stag do in Brighton. Which sounds perfect but he's Welsh and I'm getting the impression he's getting bitter that his stag is been over taken by the game :D

32 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

I'm on a mates stag do in Brighton. Which sounds perfect but he's Welsh and I'm getting the impression he's getting bitter that his stag is been over taken by the game :D

Turn up in England shirts 

Points should've expired on the night of the final to serve as proof that it was always coming home :D

England through to the last 7 without even playing. Just need to avoid being thrown out of the competition before tomorrow's game and we're in the last 6. Getting closer.

36 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Thanks

I DO BELIEVE! 

I'm just scared of hope :(

I've been hurt before :(

Screenshot_20180706-132355_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2480a1e52a73c47efc4592a2d01e002f.jpg

Talk about "abusing power" innit :brock:

My interview next Wednesday, which would have finished at 6PM and meant me missing the whole first half commuting home, was today postponed for 2 weeks due to illness of the person interviewing.

Hope the person is OK, and everything.

But when it comes home, they will be fine, I am sure.

I'm fully on board now. England v Belgium final. Harry Kane hat-trick of penalties.

In my first proper run on FM18, as Truro City boss, England beat France 3-1 in the World Cup Final.

Germany went out in the Group Stage. Spain, Portugal, Argentina lost in the last 16.

A similar thing happened to me in FM10, when Spain beat Netherlands in extra time (Iniesta scored) to win 1-0.

This is getting so ****ing weird!

England playing 3pm Saturday Wold C up game, F1 in Silverstone and Wimbledon.

Is that the holy trinity of sports in England? :D

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

England playing 3pm Saturday Wold C up game, F1 in Silverstone and Wimbledon.

Is that the holy trinity of sports in England? :D

And the Tour de France starts too! TDF and England at the World Cup. The game starts at 10am where I live so I will be pissed by lunch, especially if we win

We will beat Sweden comfortably tomorrow. **** country only usefull for fit blondes.

bit boring all this waiting. I'd better start learning to climb lamposts ready for the victory bus parade

I got drunk last night, woke up this morning to realise I text one of my friends at 1am, saying “IT’S ****ING COMING HOME YOU LITTLE ****”

:D 

Edited by Wigmore

Sick as in nervous sick or generally a bit sick?

I feel good. Bring on Brighton stag do and glorious weather and hopefully a glorious win!