Sports Interactive Community
Bliss Seeker

It came home. Hope, hope came home

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

Neither Colombia nor England looked impressive today. But England won in the end and I think they will reach the semis too, and then who knows.

Well we know. Then a World Cup win.

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

Neither Colombia nor England looked impressive today. But England won in the end and I think they will reach the semis too, and then who knows.

Has any side looked all that convincing in the knockouts, apart from maybe Brazil? And I say maybe because it was the only knockout game I didn't get to see, so I'm not sure.

Edited by ginnybob

Just now, ginnybob said:

Has any side looked that convincing in the knockouts, apart from maybe Brazil? And I say maybe because it was the only knockout game I didn't get to see, so I'm not sure.

Brazil were poor until min 30 then dominated the game.

Nobody was brilliant in the round of 16, but some were better than others.

But none of that matters anymore.

Just now, PMLF said:

Brazil were poor until min 30 then dominated the game.

Nobody was brilliant in the round of 16, but some were better than others.

But none of that matters anymore.

You kind of have to agree, despite the Belgium b side game, we've acutlaly dominated every game. 

Today, up until the 90th minute, we were comfortable.. 

We're better than Sweden. Better than Croatia or Russia. See you in the final. 

Dick face. 

One of Sweden, England, Russia or Croatia will be in the Final this year. :eek:

7 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

I think it has everything to do with it being [insert 'exotic, South American side'] and absolutely nothing else. Sure, they were no pushovers, but at the same time we're talking about a side who limped through qualification.

That and they are so desperate for England to fail. I know this thread (in the main) isn't to be taken seriously as people are joking around but there is some seriously pathetic people on this forum who stink up every England match thread. All because they get upset that the TV stations have the nerve to be biased. Forgetting that if they actually qualified they would receive similar treatment.

Everyone needed just the 1 knockout game to believe...the fact we did it on pens as well, and coming from behind, means any England fan should rightly so have belief that we're going to do it. If you can't think like that after what happened, then when can you? 

2 minutes ago, Redshift said:

One of Sweden, England, Russia or Croatia will be in the Final this year. :eek:

No negativity.

England will be in the final this year :cool:

You guys should see comments on reddit if you think people on here are bad some absolute melons there.

4 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

You kind of have to agree, despite the Belgium b side game, we've acutlaly dominated every game. 

Today, up until the 90th minute, we were comfortable.. 

We're better than Sweden. Better than Croatia or Russia. See you in the final. 

Dick face. 

Actually I do think you guys are favorite to reach the final, but as a Brazilian I am far more afraid of Belgium, Uruguay and France than of anyone from England's side of these playoffs. :thup:

2 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Actually I do think you guys are favorite to reach the final, but as a Brazilian I am far more afraid of Belgium, Uruguay and France than of anyone from England's side of these playoffs. :thup:

Well good luck at beating them bozos on the way to us. 

You guys are gonna be knackered :lol:

15 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

I think it has everything to do with it being [insert 'exotic, South American side'] and absolutely nothing else. Sure, they were no pushovers, but at the same time we're talking about a side who limped through qualification. Their recent results showed nothing of a side that were going to tear us apart.

Yeah 2 fairly even sides and a game that honestly could have gone either way but some people get seduced by the idea of exotic South American names over guys they probably watch week in week out on MOTD.

Plus there's those that just want to come on after the game game and say "told you it wasn't coming home" rather than just join in the fun.

Just now, Bliss Seeker said:

Well good luck at beating them bozos on the way to us. 

You guys are gonna be knackered :lol:

Sadly that's probably true! :D 

6 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Plus there's those that just want to come on after the game game and say "told you it wasn't coming home" rather than just join in the fun.

I can tolerate it a little bit from bitter Welsh/Scots etc but the weirdest are the English who are desperate for us to lose, it's so ****ing weird.

22 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

I think it has everything to do with it being [insert 'exotic, South American side'] and absolutely nothing else. Sure, they were no pushovers, but at the same time we're talking about a side who limped through qualification. Their recent results showed nothing of a side that were going to tear us apart.

South American qualifiers are by far the hardest.

For example Chile that won last 2 Copa Americas failed to qualify.
And every game against weaker teams ends up being like tonight's game. A complete sh**fest. Then you add up the home crowd and it's extremely difficult to win away games.
No team except for Brazil qualified easily this time.
Things like Bolivia playing on 2000m altitude, too.

Colombia is a really inconsistent team and James not playing was too big of a loss.
And them forgetting they're actually a good team until they conceded was also an issue.

England's biggest issue is Southgate.

It was painful to watch Dele doing nothing whole game long. Yet, he didn't sub him out until 80th minute.
I just hate managers that are scared to make a change when star players are obviously out of the game.

Having a system is a good thing, but when so many players are played out of their comfort zone, it accounts for nothing.
It's too late to change anything now, though.

Sterling is useless in this system.
Dele and Lingard aren't much better, either.
Walker is a walking (:rolleyes:) disaster waiting to happen.

England couldn't create anything and Sweden is going to play even more defensive and their counter-attacks have been deadly so far.

You are still favorites because of individual quality, but anything can happen. If England concedes first, chances of comeback will be slim with this level of play.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

No team except for Brazil qualified easily this time.

Even Brazil struggled in the first 6 or 7 games, until Dunga was sacked.

The 3 lowest qualifiers from CONMEBOL have been knocked out. Suggests they might not actually be that good and Colombia showed tonight they were quite lacking at actually playing football. Argentina were pitiful yet still qualifed 3rd.

3 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Can someone post the Friends footballs coming home video I keep getting text. That would be great

This one?

I am a sinner.

I confess my sins.

When the LORD JESUS decided there would be nigh but 30mins more torture.

With thou devout Crippled Disciples of Daniel and Ericus leading our wounded pilgrims of doubt forward.

I confess my doubt. I confess my sins.

I was proven wrong by you, oh saviour.

Thy prophet is not drunk and shall not take thy rest until he has quaffed thine ales remaining.

And thy Lord, prophecies, after several Sausage-based delicacies from a local tribe known as Greggius, shall declare:

IT IS COMING HOME. Thine shall also, whimsically, quote:
"I still see that tackle by Moore"

Right,. I can't. Sleep

There is no way we can't beat Sweden. 

We've reached our supposed "par". Now, but **** off, we're better then them. 

In all honestly I reached "par" at the very moment they made me feel extra good, and that precisely at half time Panama so deep down everything since is a bonus. 

I'm so pissed off about Colombia/at the same time I'm quite literally uncintroballly ejaculating happy juices. 

We were so much better than them, yet we have so many problem with the team. 

Bring on Sweden. We'll win that comfortably and then a ****ing semi final. 

I'm a little freaking out right now 

I have issues with the team and Southgate, they can wait until tomorrow 

5 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

There is no way we can't beat Sweden. 

We've reached our supposed "par". Now, but **** off, we're better then them. 

When Sweden reached the semis of their last times, Pelé was still a teenager, so their par is even worse than yours. :D 

EDIT: I completely forgot 1994! :D 

But that changes nothing. Sweden rarely go far nowadays.

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

When Sweden reached the semis last time, Pelé was still a teenager, so their par is even worse than yours. :D 

EDIT: I completely forgot 1994! :D 

But that changes nothing. Sweden rarely go far nowadays.

Have you seen them? They're shocking.. 

They've been super lucky to get this far. They can't shoot, they can't pass. They're pretty good a defending but we like that. Plays into our hands. 

Another set peice goal. 

Easy. 

Just now, Bliss Seeker said:

Have you seen them? They're shocking.. 

They've been super lucky to get this far. They can't shoot, they can't pass. They're pretty good a defending but we like that. Plays into our hands. 

Another set peice goal. 

Easy. 

All jokes aside, I'll be very surprised if England don't win.  England had some unlucky draws in the past like Brazil and Germany, but can't complain about luck this time.

I imagine that England trying to break Sweden down will be just as painful to watch as England trying to break Colombia down. 

Didn't see the game due to work but pleased for England to finally win a shootout. Hopefully they trounce Sweden. Croatia will be tough though. Looking forward to seeing England this weekend. 

I'm trying to think of things that England do better than Sweden. 

Flat pack furniture? No.

Catchy pop songs? No

Football? Of course they do!

IT

IS

COMING

HOME

P.S. I'm going to miss PMLF :(

P.P.S. It's coming home

Jordan Henderson now has the all time record for games unbeaten for England - 28 (W22 D6).

Really wish people would wake up to his awesomeness.

England will never have a better chance to reach at least the semis or even the final. We're in the (I use this term loosely) less difficult half of the draw and although we made it harder than we needed to last night, we got the job done and that's all that's required in tournament football, no matter what, just win.

Colombia wanted a battle so we gave them one. Their tactics and ploys were all designed to stop us getting any rhythm and we thoroughly deserved to go through based on the performance. It's an extremely exciting time and although we've got what many consider a bogey side in Sweden, I feel as though this group of players can really do something special at this tournament.

15 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

My head hurts :(

What a night. 

****ing football eh? 

I surprisingly feel ok. Was expecting a nasty hangover today. I think the euphoria is still running though me

14 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

My head hurts :(

What a night. 

****ing football eh? 

What until you find out what drunken internet messages you were leaving last night

I just feel emotionally drained, watching the shootout in the pub was just... Awful. Ive got nothing left and we're only at the QF. Why couldn't we have been on the hard side of the draw? We'd all have been happy with a QF exit but now we're up against ***** like Sweden and we have to beat them.

The only thing keeping me going is the memes. Feed me more memes