It came home. Hope, hope came home

Bliss Seeker

There's a difference saying we are capable of winning it if a bit of luck goes our way and everyone suddenly expecting we will win the tournament. there's literally nobody expecting the trophy to come home, that's exactly why everyone is happy with the results so far, and if they were those folks would still be losing to the dribbling ABE misers in the WC of mongyness (joint hosts Scotland and Liverpool).

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Russell10 said:

England will not get close to winning this.

the excitement over two wins against two poor sides is baffling

If you can't allow yourself to be happy and have some fun after winning 6-1 in the world cup than maybe football's not for you. 

This need to down play results is what's baffling. People moan when England can't beat these type of sides and now moan when they do. It's almost like some just like to moan, and in that case start your own thread and leave people alone to enjoy it for a day or two. 

52 minutes ago, Russell10 said:

England will not get close to winning this.

the excitement over two wins against two poor sides is baffling

Where you from, Russell? Who do you support internationally?

I've supported England through the nearly years and the wilderness years.

****ing too right I'm milking the what could be era.

Best chance we've got at having a good go at a competition in well over a decade and some people are still miserable.

11 minutes ago, Ackter said:

It really looks like nearly anyone can beat anyone in this World Cup cause everyone's a bit of a shambles.

"very competitive" meaning "everyone is ****"

As in "the Championship is very competitive"

Argentina are older than the hills, Spain have a dearth of ideas, Germany have lost their steel and any swagger and are depending on luck. Brazil show that talent gets you only so far. No one cares about how they play at the end of the day. The scoreline is more important, and something tells me that things are so unpredictable, the only world cup winner will be VAR.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying how likeable this England team is compared to other ones in previous tournaments, do people here think that? I guess you don't have players like Rooney or Terry who no one liked, but this side does contain someone like Vardy who is a massive twit :D 

I have to apologise to Southgate as the football has been entertaining, I only ask the England manager to create an enjoyable experience as I have no expectations of going beyond the quarters. I expected a dull tournament for us as per but he's come out and delivered a pair of great performances, Tunisia was poor in the sense of the scoreline but can't deny that the football was deserving of more and after Panama, it is confirmed that we are actually good. 

I fancy us to bow out at the Brazil/Germany stage but I've no doubt I'll actually feel proud of the efforts of the players for once.

4 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I'm seeing a lot of people saying how likeable this England team is compared to other ones in previous tournaments, do people here think that? I guess you don't have players like Rooney or Terry who no one liked, but this side does contain someone like Vardy who is a massive twit :D 

Vardy's allowed to be a twit because he's considered an underdog.

3 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Well, yea, mainly because Southgate is just all kinds of dreamy as England manager.  Open and honest in interviews, intelligent and none of that egotistical shithousary that came with the likes of Hoddle, Allardyce, Sven and Capello. 

A lot of it is fantastic PR, yes, and if you want to debate how much of that is engineered you're more than welcomed to do so :D

Alli is a little dislikable I guess - it's his stupid face and yes, Vardy is a thicko but apart from them, everyone seems rather relatable (as much as they can be as millionaire footballers) and quite self aware.   They're young, fresh and actually look like they're enjoying playing for England and give a ****, which is not something we've had for quite some time. 

13 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

First tournament I can remember where everyone in the side is there on merit and not just because of past performances and the vastly overrated 'experience,' its by far the most likeable England squad I can remember  

I find Lingard an irritating little bugger but I like this England team so much I'll take 90 minutes of him doing stupid dances and dabbing.

Tbf he's arguably been our best player as well, in terms of getting into goalscoring positions and linking up with other players.

Lingard is the exact type of player you hate and want to see receive a crunching tackle when he's playing for the opposition, but when he's on your team you enjoy his character and daft celebrations.

I'm a big fan of his and will remain so until August :thup: 

3 hours ago, Pukey said:

Where you from, Russell? Who do you support internationally?

I'm pretty sure he's from Scotland and is Scottish. He's a Celtic fan, anyway. 

Don't like how some are bashing all Scottish folk with his posts though :D

I've said before that while you don't get me supporting England, you don't find me actively wanting them to fail either. I'm glad there's some British folk enjoying the summer of football. Just wish we could be part of it. 

I'm certainly not bitter towards England or England fans. Only English part of the WC I cannot stand are the commentators because they become giddy morons (see: Germany out at the group's for the first time ever!!!! World Cup is basically England's!!!) And the media because they are scumbags at the best of times and seeing stuff like the Sun's agenda makes me hate English media more and more as the stories are posted. 

I've tipped England to finish 3rd overall, I'm enjoying watching them and their games have been exciting so far, crap opposition or not. 

I don't think England will win the WC, I have Belgium down for that :D But I don't think it's fair to say they have no chance. If we went to the WC nevermind got 2 wins from 2, I'd be buzzing my tits clean off and on the lash every night :lol:

2 hours ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I'm seeing a lot of people saying how likeable this England team is compared to other ones in previous tournaments, do people here think that?

I don't really know about off pitch but on pitch not really.

3 hours ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Well you don't have teammate wife shagger John Terry, granny shagger Wayne Rooney or cheating shagger Ashley Cole. 

Very easy to like this England side by comparison, but they're young and have yet to commit these kinds of mistakes :D

They're more likeable than the last WC squad and the two before that, imo. 

3 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

We need to improve defensively to have a chance. Too many silly mistakes that better teams will punish.

Not that I disagree as you're correct and we've been sloppy at the back, but how many teams have looked top notch defensively? Uruguay is about it.

i dont like southgate because i had to suffer watching and listening to him as part of my fa coaching course... he could put you in a coma if you bothered taking note.

everyone knows that big contracts and a big arm around the shoulders, trumps tactics and training.

other than that i bare no grudges :D

CMON INGY :mad:

24 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Like the Sam Allardyce Big mac  one, it's obviously a fake. 

Did he ever get a cap? 

4 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

We need to improve defensively to have a chance. Too many silly mistakes that better teams will punish.

So far, I'm just not sure. We've had two games where the defence has been under no real pressure, and they've been drawn forward. I really don't know whether we're suspect at the back, or whether a game against decent opposition will bring out the best of the back five. We'll see in the next game or two.

17 hours ago, JDownie said:

I'm pretty sure he's from Scotland and is Scottish. He's a Celtic fan, anyway. 

Don't like how some are bashing all Scottish folk with his posts though :D

I've said before that while you don't get me supporting England, you don't find me actively wanting them to fail either. I'm glad there's some British folk enjoying the summer of football. Just wish we could be part of it. 

I'm certainly not bitter towards England or England fans. Only English part of the WC I cannot stand are the commentators because they become giddy morons (see: Germany out at the group's for the first time ever!!!! World Cup is basically England's!!!) And the media because they are scumbags at the best of times and seeing stuff like the Sun's agenda makes me hate English media more and more as the stories are posted. 

I've tipped England to finish 3rd overall, I'm enjoying watching them and their games have been exciting so far, crap opposition or not. 

I don't think England will win the WC, I have Belgium down for that :D But I don't think it's fair to say they have no chance. If we went to the WC nevermind got 2 wins from 2, I'd be buzzing my tits clean off and on the lash every night :lol:

Oh it is the Rangers supporting Scottish Man City fan ;)

I am not England bashing, I don't dislike or hate England..I am just saying what the ITV Panel said last night, England have not been tested and the excitement over beating a pub team 6-1 is a bit much.

The expectations on the England team have increased since the opening two results , it will not 'come home' 

However if England in my opinion reach the quarters and people then get as excited as they are just now after actually beating anyone of note, I would understand it.

Quarter Finals would be a fantastic tournament for England anyway.

10 hours ago, bestbrother said:

everyone knows that big contracts and a big arm around the shoulders, trumps tactics and training.

Bizarre point to make when its clear Southgate has coached England to a certain style of play.

He's hardly Kevin Keegan

"We're going to win lads!"

"Boss, boss, we're now level with Portugal, what do we do?"

"We're going to win!"

1 hour ago, Russell10 said:

Oh it is the Rangers supporting Scottish Man City fan ;)

I am not England bashing, I don't dislike or hate England..I am just saying what the ITV Panel said last night, England have not been tested and the excitement over beating a pub team 6-1 is a bit much.

The expectations on the England team have increased since the opening two results , it will not 'come home' 

However if England in my opinion reach the quarters and people then get as excited as they are just now after actually beating anyone of note, I would understand it.

Quarter Finals would be a fantastic tournament for England anyway.

You realise you're not actually telling people anything they dont know, right?

People are just getting giddy and enjoying the moment, no matter how long it last, and actually it's great to see England fans actually enjoying a major tournament

Archived