Germany v Sweden - 20.00 CET

Mr Wallin

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pukey said:

Hard when you're shoved off the ball tbf

Penalty for me

He took way too long to do anything though.

Yes it’s a pen but you should be shooting and scoring before you get to that point for me

Didn’t think it was after the first couple of replays, but the more I see it the more I realise it definitely was. However I can see why VAR don’t think it was “clear and obvious”

Just now, decapitated said:

same referee who refused to look at VAR when Pavon was fouled in the box during Iceland.

The referees don't 'refuse' to look at VAR. they're either told to look or not. It's the guys in the truck you need to blame, not the on field ref.

They removed the red+penalty rule unless it's a deliberate handball, like in Colombia game.

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

You sure about that?

It's really shady and was controverisal during the Serie A season.

Whenever there was a dubious call, they would just say it was silent checked by VAR.

4 minutes ago, Sid1984 said:

Clear pen and red card. Why are they not using VAR? This is stupid.

Not red, was a definite attempt for the ball he just failed to get it.

1 minute ago, Astafjevs said:

The referees don't 'refuse' to look at VAR. they're either told to look or not. It's the guys in the truck you need to blame, not the on field ref.

Tbh they share the blame. But you're right that he didn't "refuse" anything.

1 minute ago, Baptista_8 said:

You sure about that?

Yes. It's to stop players trying to influence the on field ref by drawing screens with their fingers. 

Also why it's pointless they do it in this tournament. The ref only goes to look if the dudes at HQ say he should look again

I don't think football needs VAR.

If it's still getting things wrong, we have a ref to do that. VAR means they're getting it wrong twice, and i don't see how that's good for the game. 

I think i'm well and truly in the anti-var camp now. 

VARXIT

3 minutes ago, Wigmore said:

Didn’t think it was after the first couple of replays, but the more I see it the more I realise it definitely was. However I can see why VAR don’t think it was “clear and obvious”

I agree.

Just stating it has to be clear and obvious leaves it really open to interpretation, I thought it was a penalty immediately but it definitely wasn't what I'd call clear and obvious even after all the replays.

2 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

I don't think football needs VAR.

If it's still getting things wrong, we have a ref to do that. VAR means they're getting it wrong twice, and i don't see how that's good for the game. 

I think i'm well and truly in the anti-var camp now. 

VARXIT

VAR is still getting things wrong, no doubt, but it is also eradicating more errors that haven't been picked up in the first instance.

Just now, Heartwork said:

Wasn't watching the game, saw Matthew Kelly trending and thought he was either dead or arrested. Nah just randomly brought up by the commentators.

That's Sam Matterface for you.

11 minutes ago, decapitated said:

same referee who refused to look at VAR when Pavon was fouled in the box during Iceland.

This ref needs to be sacked. It’s ok to make a mistake but not to even check VAR is a joke.

they need a challenge system like tennis where the team gets to choose when to review.

I like VAR, was it last night, so much football, the ref missed a blatant penalty, VAR looked at it and told the ref to look at it, he then gave the penalty.

It works, just needs some bedding in time.

When Disneyland opened nothing worked, thankfully they didn't just close it down straight away. :D

Archived