More random events/controversies/tweaks

clemo

I know these are not positive but they do happen and I have noticed they don't happen in what is the most 'realistic' management simulation, I am talking about events off the field that effect events on it and around it.

- Player failing a drugs test and being banned?
- Player crashing his car and facing police action?
- Player being involved in an assault case?
- Players fighting in training?
- Managers falling ill and a caretaker steps in?
- Foreign player asking to fly home after parent passes away?

And it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom...

- Following a great season a player is now the headline athlete for a sportswear company, bringing in more publicity for the club.
- In a players' contract he can request you buy his parents a house, himself a car or maybe move his family over to help his transition.
- Similar to job interviews, you can have a chat when signing a player where you tell him what your plans are and vice versa.
- Organizing team days out in pre-season to help team cohesion. 

Just a few thoughts to help combat the repetitive feel at times.

Some events of misbehavior already can happen only to the regen players and sometimes players ask the manager for a few days/weeks off so he can travel back to his country (most often happens to new signings who can't fit in)

As for the other suggestions - SI won't let any of this happen to the real players as they are bound by license and those type of news - even if they are in the game - can be even sued by the player for the defamation, which SI would definitely like to avoid.

As for failing drug tests, etc - the game is presenting us the world of fair play football. They simply don't talk about it as it shouldn't be a part of the football world.

53 minutes ago, Sopel said:

Some events of misbehavior already can happen only to the regen players and sometimes players ask the manager for a few days/weeks off so he can travel back to his country (most often happens to new signings who can't fit in)

As for the other suggestions - SI won't let any of this happen to the real players as they are bound by license and those type of news - even if they are in the game - can be even sued by the player for the defamation, which SI would definitely like to avoid.

As for failing drug tests, etc - the game is presenting us the world of fair play football. They simply don't talk about it as it shouldn't be a part of the football world.

Well I agree, these should only apply to regens because by the time regens are in the game, then the repetitive nature has set in.

In response to SI giving us fair play football, they give us red cards for violent conduct which you could argue shouldn't be in the game, but just like drug test bans...they are. I want a realistic game, not a fairy-tale fair play wonderland.

On 24/06/2018 at 19:12, clemo said:

Well I agree, these should only apply to regens because by the time regens are in the game, then the repetitive nature has set in.

In response to SI giving us fair play football, they give us red cards for violent conduct which you could argue shouldn't be in the game, but just like drug test bans...they are. I want a realistic game, not a fairy-tale fair play wonderland.

As for the second one - maybe I've worded myself poorly.

SI adds things that are pitch-related - everything that can happen during the game is represented in the game - like violent conduct.
But the shady, off-pitch stuff? No go. It's just in the same category as referee bribery.

- Clubs rebranding (changing names, colors)

- Clubs bankruptcy (and getting relegated to 4th or 5th tier)

- Clubs prevented to participate to CL or Europa League due FPP regulations

- Players retiring at a very young age because of injuries

- Players not acclimating to their new country and asking to be transferred or loaned immediately 

• 6 months later...

Archived