Sports Interactive Community
craigcwwe

Belgium vs Tunisia - 1pm BST - BBC1

Batshuayi could have had 5 himself. :D

Edited by DB08

Belgium looks awfully good with a ridiculous amount of options. 

And then Tunisia score again and make me wonder. 

Edited by Rio_V

Just now, Rio_V said:

Belgium looks awfully good with a ridiculous amount of options. 

And then Tunisia score again and make me wonder. 

Brilliant in attack (even if Michy is trying his best not to score), pretty questionable at the back. England need to take notes.

Just now, Heartwork said:

Brilliant in attack (even if Michy is trying his best not to score), pretty questionable at the back. England need to take notes.

England should have put 4 past Tunisia in first 20. Guessing that final group match will be a cracker, but hopefully with nothing to play for. 

What an awfully boring game.

Not for one second Tunisia looked like they have a chance.

I picked a great game to miss! Almost like they both knew I wasnt watching so went nuts.:seagull:

1 hour ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

This is gonna be the first big spanking I think.

You missed the first game?

"He's not as good as the others cos he has good players around him to create the chances"

And then pan to Argentina to see how one of the GOAT contenders does without those good players.

Remember not to beat Panama too bad guys, the Tories have a lot of money invested over there.

Very entertaining match, but still not convinced by Belgium as one of the title contenders. Really looking forward to the match against England, feel that will be more of test to see where they are at the moment. 

exciting game

negatives: the leak in defence, lack of concentration perhaps but still

as for Michy: don't see the overpositive in his entrance. Created himself chances true, but was given room thanks to Romelu's work before, and in the end proved Martinez right by not scoring more as opposed to Lukaku today. Having said that he has shown himself an active supersub also in previous games. Shame no Januzaj show, who knows ...

Tunisia came out a lot more than against us, however, as it was, if we'd taken our chances our score wouldn't be miles away from this.

Conceeding 2 though from nothing special approach. I doubt we'll beat their goal difference but I'll settle for just beating Panama with no drama, thanks

Good match to watch and Belgium are definitely ones to watch- one of the best going forward, perhaps not quite so good at the back.

10 hours ago, Razzler said:

Tunisia came out a lot more than against us, however, as it was, if we'd taken our chances our score wouldn't be miles away from this.

Conceeding 2 though from nothing special approach. I doubt we'll beat their goal difference but I'll settle for just beating Panama with no drama, thanks

and then there was the Panama game

just goes to show how important a boost an early goal can be against those teams

especially for a Belgian side who are dangerous on the break, less impressive at the back when room between lines is big

Wonder who we'll play against England. Martinez already said he'd be resting a few players so

Glad that game doesn't matter anymore, but would still like to see us win.

Actually not too fussed about our defensive 'issues' .. Think Boyata did decent, a few errors here & there but Kompany always makes 1 or 2 errors as well so. Carrasco & Meunier have put in great performances. Alderweireld & Vertonghen are solid.
Who the hell cares we conceded 2 against Tunisia if you score 5 btw. I don't mind conceding 4 against Brazil if we manage to bang 5 in again :cool: 

A drew would be good, but on the other hand I keep thinking about euro 2016 where we thought losing to Italy was a blessing in disguise as it meant an easy route to at least the semi finals... We all know how that ended.

I'm expecting an unrecognizable team really. Players on a yellow will definitely not feature (Meunier, KDB and Vertonghen I think) and neither will Hazard and Lukaku. Probably can expect Dembélé or Fellaini in the team as well for Witsel, or both with the other replacing Mertens. We can still put out a solid team so I'm expecting a decent game, and if England rest a few we could still beat them.

Yea honestly, if you look at our bench.. A lot of our "B-team" would quite comfortably make the starting XI in many other teams. Read some Italian journo saying they could build a team around Tielemans Batshuayi and have Nainggolan captain that side :D
I sort of expect Januzaj to feature thursday as well. I'm just not sure who'd fill in for Meunier.. Alderweireld maybe?

guess all depends on whether Vermaelen or Kompany starts, then Alderweireld would be a logic call right central back

in midfield role on the right perhaps Thorgan, right midfield role

18 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

Really? Even against really poor opposition Carrasco in particular has looked suspect with his positioning. That left flank/inside-left area looks like a real weak spot (ironically the same area for England). I would go as far to say I can't see you winning the World Cup with such a weakness and inappropriate selection, he doesn't seem to have a defensive bone in his body. The wing-backs are two of the most important positions on the pitch for a 5-3-2/5-2-3. They need to be near complete players, especially at this, the very top level. (I accept the same criticism although probably to a lesser extent could be said about Young.)

Well he's obviously a winger that we tried to convert to a wing back so defensively he's not going to be up to par with Meunier (who was a striker in the youth teams btw, but converted much sooner). IIRC he had the most distance covered of the entire team, which is logical on his position, but still. He's more of a threat going forward than he is a defensive asset though, that's for sure. His crossing, dribbling, shooting ability are the main reason he's in the team and frankly I'm not too unhappy about him. Against better sides I expect Witsel/Vertonghen to provide the necessary defensive assistance. He's gotten a fair bit of criticism out here too mind, I'm just quite positive about him.

That being said, a decent left back is something we haven't had in years. We used to always play Vertonghen there, but he prefers a more central position.
The next options being Pocognoli & Jordan Lukaku says it all really.

thing is in the 3-defenders system you tend to see more attacking players and more players with high lung contents

you could opt then for one side with more defensive prowess than the other and tilting that way defensively

maybe like a false 4-4-2 / 3-5-2 kind of thing

mind you internationally there's few teams or countries that do have great wing backs offense and defense anyway

guess it's down to choices and priorities and the opposition