Brazil vs Costa Rica, Friday, 1pm BST

PMLF

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Neymar seriously needs better protection from referees. They're just chopping him down everytime he gets the ball, 

At least they are not doing this to Neymar only, this foul against Gabriel Jesus was pretty reckless too...

2 minutes ago, PMLF said:

At least they are not doing this to Neymar only, this foul against Gabriel Jesus was pretty reckless too...

It's not just reckless, it's persistant and tactical. 

Ref needs to start dishing out some yellows! 

4 minutes ago, ryan045 said:

Firmino wouldn’t have been offside there.

Just now, Gazza D said:

This game needs Firmino.

And Salah and the rest of Liverpool's team, as Firmino only plays great alongside them. :thdn:

Brazil doing better now.

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

It's always quite interesting to see the Costa Rican names, generally Spanish, and then they have the odd Joel Campbell or Ian Smith.

Yes, many people from Caribbean descent in the Limón province and in the capital city (San José).

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Why the captaincy change?

Marcelo had it against Switzerland, now Silva?

I saw it was switched around during friendlies, but a bit odd to do it during the WC?

Brazil have a policy of handing the captain's armband around like Haribo's. 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Why the captaincy change?

Marcelo had it against Switzerland, now Silva?

I saw it was switched around during friendlies, but a bit odd to do it during the WC?

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Brazil have a policy of handing the captain's armband around like Haribo. 

Yes, it's been going on like this since Tite became our manager, Brazil have had 16 different captains already or something. Tite already used to do that when he was manager of Corinthians.

Just now, ryan045 said:

That’s all good fof friendlies. You need a proper captain for the WC imo.

I don't think it makes any difference in practice. The main job of a captain at the Brazilian national team is to lift the trophy in the end. Otherwise one can be a leader without being captain.

7 minutes ago, PMLF said:

I don't think it makes any difference in practice. The main job of a captain at the Brazilian national team is to lift the trophy in the end. Otherwise one can be a leader without being captain.

I think we massively overrate the importance of captaincy in this country. As you've said, leaders lead, regardless of the armband. 

Just now, av3ry said:

Who had Brazil Costa Rica as the first 0-0 of this tournament? Unbelieveable.

Brazil played the first 0-0 ever in a World Cup (against England) in 1958, so at least this is fitting.

1 minute ago, Bunkerossian said:

Idiot, he could've used him to rotate with Forrest. Was anonymous versus Serbia, but here he's turned the engine on.

Yeah but Brendan has his favourites. Sold Liam Henderson cos he wasn't gonna get game time and now look at how he's doing 5 months later.

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Yeah but Brendan has his favourites. Sold Liam Henderson cos he wasn't gonna get game time and now look at how he's doing 5 months later.

I wouldn't mind too much if Brendan got an immoral offer from a club in EPL, and we ended up with Lennon at the helm again.

4 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Is this the kid who plays for Bari in Serie B?

Yeah went there for £115k but they're in big financial problems and need to offload players and Fiorentina (who have officially bid), Parma, Atalanta and Bologna have all reported interest in the range of only £2m (good deal for them, terrible one for Celtic). I mean Bari still stand to make £1.9m but they have to sell cheaper than they'd like cos they're broke. Best hope is the four clubs enter a bidding war.

Archived