Route 66 Flat 442 Knap FM 18

Could you describe the tactic profile a bit more? Whats the general idea? Is it a ast paced tactic or a slow, patient one? Do you need mainly pacey forwards or should they be good headers? Do you need quick cbs? Does the tactic focus on crosses, so you need good crossers?

9 hours ago, Preveza said:

Your game, do as you like. But boasting you beat Pool 5-1 with a Dybala, Koke, and a team full of guns, come on now mate.

Did you even get the idea of what I was doing? Plus I wasn't boasting, I was pointing out how good the tactic is with the right players. Check out the 9-6 scoreline against Man City, just proves a point, Callum Wilson isn't anywhere near a world beater, yet he scored 3 goals, because in my opinion he fits the tactic perfectly.

Anyway, no need to hate on an experiment.

15 hours ago, mikenevo said:

Did you even get the idea of what I was doing? Plus I wasn't boasting, I was pointing out how good the tactic is with the right players. Check out the 9-6 scoreline against Man City, just proves a point, Callum Wilson isn't anywhere near a world beater, yet he scored 3 goals, because in my opinion he fits the tactic perfectly.

Anyway, no need to hate on an experiment.

My mistake there, man. 

Hi there and thanks for your efforts Knap - looking forward trying this tactic out.

Could you, or anybody else for that matter, elaborate on which type of players are actually needed for this tactic? What attributes should I look for in the different positions? 

Thanks in advance. 

It is the most direct type of tactic that can be set up.

I use atriibute masking and rely on scouts. Hidden attributes need checking such as consistency Important Matches Injury proneness and dirtiness,

I tend to just look at player positions not roles and from a LL guide key attributes are identified and fast fwds work in the majority of tactics.

The game will also highlight key attributes for roles if needed.

FootballManagerAttributes.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used this style tactic last year or 06 with Margate. It did take longer to get to top than some other tactics but did work at this level.

In LL it will still depend on whether a top team or underdog. Top team MIDSOMER P103 Underdog try the new tactics for underdogs.

• 2 weeks later...

With PL I only really use original squads. Team selection is quick pick AM and then I change pick if necessary.

With LL these are my latest transfers, so a lot of turnover

1743768402_Screenshot(542).thumb.png.56ece939de63563e51405a21d0c722bb.png

3 hours ago, knap said:

With PL I only really use original squads. Team selection is quick pick AM and then I change pick if necessary.

With LL these are my latest transfers, so a lot of turnover

1743768402_Screenshot(542).thumb.png.56ece939de63563e51405a21d0c722bb.png

I was always wondering if quick pick AM selects the best squad. Because i often find that if i change any player it weakens then game performance.

I have always found the quick pick very good and even picks players recovering from injury without causing a problem. I find the pick sometimes uses low condition players and never found that a problem. Often identifies young players ready for 1st team and players that can play out of position.

One of the problems maybe in cup games rather than use pick is to put all the squad players for a game. In general I only change the pick for a specific reason, perhaps the next game will be on paper more difficult so rest a few key players.

Also I often test tactics with squads that I have no knowledge  such as Chelmsford, when I just take over before 1st game of season and rely on the AM to pick a decent team.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived