Route 66 Flat 442 Knap FM 18

1 hour ago, knap said:

Tried them with a SUS tactic

Hey knap! What would you think would be the most similar MC-role to the BWM? Just wondering cause I'd like to change the BWM-role when this player gets booked, as it's impossible to untick "tackle harder" for the BWM-role.

Really good tactic this so far, thanks!

The BMW role is annoying from that aspect. The Vol Mez tactic is a similar set up so may be  try changing  to a Vol. 

Also depends on when in game to try to manage situation as another idea would be to use a sub.

12 hours ago, knap said:

Why do you want to use a TM Role?

They do not work as well for me.

I just have a couple of good but slow target men for a team, if I cant use a target man is there another role that they would excel in? or just fit them into the tactic?

A slow target man is the opposite of a player that works well in FM. I have used those type players in LL and I just fit them into tactic. In general I find fitting a player into a tactic better than fitting a tactic to the players However, it may be worth trying a TM role if you have the player, but probably better to add pacey dribbling fwds to squad.

On 22/06/2018 at 11:08, knap said:

I used a similar tactic in FM 16 with Margate as I considered the style may suit LL.

Didn't really answer my question. Is this a top team only tactic or works for underdog as well?

32 minutes ago, knap said:

Best tested underdog tactic is FM 18.2.2 ARGUS 343 P102. There are tweaks to add a better defensive set up in thread.

hey knap , whats ur best underdog tactic with 4 defence ? like 4-2-3-1- 4-4-2 etc .. 

Overview of Tactic List from testing                                  TOTAL                       SUB TOP    UNDERDOG

ARGUS FM 18.2.2       P102                                                    P385                          P206        P179  

PILGRIMAGE FM 18.3.3 LPOOL P104                                  P380                            P226       P154

WOF FM 18.3.3  P101  Flexible                                              P381                           P213          P168

WOF FM 18.3.3 LPOOL P100 ALL CUPS                                P365                          P196          P169

PILGRIMAGE Fluid  LPOOL P101                                           P367                          P201           P166

PILGRIMAGE FM 18.2 P105                                                   P357                          P218           P139

ARGUS VOL 4 FM18.3.3  Structured  P101 ALL CUPS       P363                          P220           P143

BLUE MATTER    FM 18.3.3 P105                                         P356                           P207           P149

GOODBYE FM 18.3 VOL 7 Very Fluid                                  P349                           P208          P141

GOODBYE 3421                                                                     P324                          P205         P119

MIDSOMER 442 P103 (FLAT TEST)                                      P349                          P199         P150

MIDSOMER 442 VOL MEZ                                                    P342                          P196         P146 

WOF 2323    FM 18   P104                                                    P335                          P187         P148

BLUE MATTER FM 18.3 VOL 4 P102     352                       P335                           P206         P129

ARGUS 3430                                                                          P331                          P192         P139

ASH FM 18.3 P104                Highly Structured                P326                            P190         P136

VOLANTE BWM FM 18.3 P101                                           P326                            P191         P135

WOF 3412                                                                            P325                             P198         P127

WOF 2233 P102HS         FM 18.2                                      P311                             P194         P117

BLUE MATTER VOL 4 P100 4123 FM 18.2.1                  P310                             P179         -P131

MMVOLANTEANCHOR            442                                   P302                            P165           P127

These are considered to be all 5 Star tactics. For a Top Team the BLUE MATTER 4213 may be a good choice as I won PL with both MU and MC.

The newer tactics have not been tested and PILGRIMAGE 451 is just below 5 stars

Most points in each category, although MU should be able to use most tactics. MU with Martial Rashford Lukaku I would use a 3 striker tactic.

Testing has stopped again, probably exams or WC, so still a few tactics to be tested. Also trying different ideas, rather than just tweaking.

^Adding to that, can the mentality of the majority of your tactics be changed during matches, depending on the situation? Can I switch to Defending/Contain with a one goal lead with ten minutes remaining rather than Attack with most of your tactics or is it not so simple?

Thanks knap

During games you can change to what you think will work. The main tactic is just the optimum P&P version. I tend to find control counter and contain the most useful mentalities.

The idea behind the TC was to allow quick changes to tactics without having a set of 5.

I decided to test this tactic with players who I felt fit the tactic well and I chose my home team Huddersfield Town to do it with :) I didn't go for the worlds best players in most cases, but I did have to fit Dybala in there because everyone needs a player like him who can make things happen! First match and we go and do this! Absolutely amazing start. I know I've cheated in getting the players I've got, but if I enjoy this season, I may even continue and turn it into a proper save!

0FF661602B4FF4030B570BCAA2588A9CD9D89501

I should have seen this coming and I should NEVER have made this promise. 

First of all, another outstanding tactic. Got hired at Barcelona (2024) and won everything in my first year-Champions League, La Liga, Copa del Ray. 

Used this tactic for the most part, occasionally 442 DSOM. In almost all of the matches however, my team was out possessed significantly. I promised the board when they hired me to "play attacking" football but they also wanted me to play "possession" football as well. In the end of my season review they HAD to find something to complain about. The year before the club had won nothing.

Possesion.thumb.png.4bf5321e5f8f005daa4c00edae7c4a88.pngStandings_2024.thumb.png.4b2019655a1f7aaa3a4c590050ef62c1.png

CL.thumb.png.1d57f272dd2a00fddb67ff30de027f32.png

Is anyone else having an issue with possession? 

Not sure if going counter (or even SUS) would help once you get a lead, although with Route 1 possession is always going to be difficult.

My team doesn't seem to hold up loads of possession either.

Liverpool 47% (5-0 win)

Brighton 43% (0-1 win)

Rotherham 54% (6-0 win) although you'd expect that against lower league opposition.

West Brom 49% (2-2 draw) 

Arsenal 46% (4-1 win)

One thing I have noticed though is that the opposition have more possession in most cases but they struggle turn that into shots and chances. Rotherham didn't even have a shot in 90 minutes, never mind one on target. Liverpool had only 5 shots, we had 23.

I love this tactic so far because of how fast we switch from defence to attack in an instant and through on goal.

12 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

How in the world did you land Icardi at Huddersfield?

It's an experiment, basically moving 11 players to a club that would be perfect for this tactic based on their stats against stats required for roles, Icardi just happens to be an advanced forward.

On 04/07/2018 at 09:29, mikenevo said:

I decided to test this tactic with players who I felt fit the tactic well and I chose my home team Huddersfield Town to do it with :) I didn't go for the worlds best players in most cases, but I did have to fit Dybala in there because everyone needs a player like him who can make things happen! First match and we go and do this! Absolutely amazing start. I know I've cheated in getting the players I've got, but if I enjoy this season, I may even continue and turn it into a proper save!

0FF661602B4FF4030B570BCAA2588A9CD9D89501

Your game, do as you like. But boasting you beat Pool 5-1 with a Dybala, Koke, and a team full of guns, come on now mate.

Archived