Argentina - Croatia, Thursday, 7pm BST

GunmaN1905

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

True. But Iceland actually need to win a game for it to out of Argentine hands. They may win a game, indeed it would be awesome if they did, but it's far from certain.

I've mentioned this yet everyone is overlooking it, as much as this is nice to see if Iceland don't win tomorrow I'd still fancy the Argies to progress as I don't see Croatia losing there final game.

3-0 :D

Argies still going through though :(

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Modric and Rakitic have destroyed Argentina tonight.

Two of the best midfielders in the world vs a non existent midfield who look like they've won a magazine competition to be there.

This is absolutely shocking though, some of the Argentinian players are abysmal, is this really the best they had to choose from?

2 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

I mean he was voted player of the tournament 4 years ago tbf...

I seem to remember that being a bit undeserved but I'm sure he must have at least had some good games in that tournament :D.

Oh dear Argentina :D

without him argentina would be out in group stage probably back in 2014.

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Nah, that Best player award was total BS. 

I didn't say he should have been best player, but you're on another planet if you didn't think he at least had one good game ffs :D

It's absolute revisionism to pretend Messi has never played well for Argentina. This is a dreadful, dreadful team with absolutely zero tactical plan and yes, Ronaldo would look just as anonymous in it as well.

Argentina have been riding their luck for years tbh. It's just now that their lacklusture pool of talent is finally being exposed. This should force the Argentine FA into acting back at home to start actually producing and developing talent again otherwise there's a very real chance they won't make it to Qatar.

Just now, grff said:

I can still see Argentina sneaking through the groups.

Jinx post.

It's blatantly going to happen. They'll just about beat Nigeria, whilst Iceland will draw all their games.

Just now, Icondacarver said:

Yea because that Portugal side is full of talent 

See the bit where I mention tactical plan :thup: Portugal may not have a load of world class talent but they're well set up and know exactly what they're doing tactically. Then they have Ronaldo to basically score any chances created.

Argentina are...I don't even know what the hell they're supposed to be.

Argentinian FA really needs to have a look at themselves.
Appoint a strong manager and make the team 100 times better, messing around with a bunch of clowns, get a strong manager in that will tell the team how they will play and who will play and watch how much difference it makes!

So much talent going to waste!

Get the stressed out bold bloke out and put Maradona in for the rest of the tournament. Cant get worse for them.

That was a hilarious performance from Argentina tonight.

1 minute ago, Icondacarver said:

Yea because that Portugal side is full of talent 

They're better than this lot tbf. Plus the coach seems to have a ****ing clue. 

I can't imagine being a passionate Argie fan atm, i'd be absolutely gutted

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

They can pass from the back and have a midfielder who can pass though. 

Plus Mascherano makes William Carvalho look like Matthaus.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

See the bit where I mention tactical plan :thup: Portugal may not have a load of world class talent but they're well set up and know exactly what they're doing tactically. Then they have Ronaldo to basically score any chances created.

Argentina are...I don't even know what the hell they're supposed to be.

this

That Argentinian side out there looked completely lost and tactically inept. Messi was having to drop back into his own final 3rd to pick the ball up ffs. There's only so much one player can do in a side that is this bad.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

They can pass from the back and have a midfielder who can pass though. Honestly did you watch that today?

.....on paper the Argentina side is not worse than the Portugal side. Ronaldo just knows how to motivate his guys into above average performances.....the Euros being an example!

2 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

All you ****ers saying they're out bite your tongues please, Nigeria are gash but Iceland do have to win a game for the Argies to be out otherwise it is still in their hands ffs :seagull:

COME ON ICELAND

Archived