Jump to content

Argentina - Croatia, Thursday, 7pm BST


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

It would be criminal if this Argentine team somehow weaseled their way to the Round of 16.

they barely managed to qualify to this WC. With team like this there is no way Messi can make some miracle...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

It would be criminal if this Argentine team somehow weaseled their way to the Round of 16.

True. But Iceland actually need to win a game for it to out of Argentine hands. They may win a game, indeed it would be awesome if they did, but it's far from certain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrew_ said:

Not using VAR this game?

This is yet another example of why I hate VAR. how is that not reviewed and he is given a red? Blatant and very dangerous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

True. But Iceland actually need to win a game for it to out of Argentine hands. They may win a game, indeed it would be awesome if they did, but it's far from certain.

Ignore that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weezer said:

Argentina need to win a game too though, and that's a big ask for this bunch of chancers.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win a game, but that's a different equation to them already being essentially out :brock:

Plus Nigeria were bloody woeful in the first game...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, craigcwwe said:

Has Messi ever had a good game in a WC? 

I don't think so. And that's why I can't consider him for GOAT. If you really are the best footballer of all time you show up at major tournaments (if that opportunity is afforded to you, something Messi has had plenty of times)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, craigcwwe said:

Has Messi ever had a good game in a WC? 

I mean he was voted player of the tournament 4 years ago tbf...

I seem to remember that being a bit undeserved but I'm sure he must have at least had some good games in that tournament :D.

Oh dear Argentina :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heartwork said:

I don't think so. And that's why I can't consider him for GOAT. If you really are the best footballer of all time you show up at major tournaments (if that opportunity is afforded to you, something Messi has had plenty of times)

Which he did last tournament...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...