Sports Interactive Community

Is there a time limit on when you can build a new stadium, having already built one?

I'm managing Nuneaton (FM17), into 2039-40 season. I've been successful. We regularly qualify for the Champions League, have reached two Europa league finals (lost both :( ) and have won the EFL cup and more recently the FA cup. Out financial status is "rich", our reputation is worldwide and we're in the top 10-15 clubs by reputation and finance.

In 2028 we built a new stadium, 14K capacity, expandable to 28,600. We expanded to the limit in 2032.

For a number of years, we've sold the stadium for every league game to maximum. At present, we have 25K season tickets holders.

We're clearly ticking all the boxes for building a new stadium but I am wondering, given that we built one only 11 years ago, if there is a time limit on this?

Any feedback welcome :)

Btw just for clarification, I am NOT the Youtuber Lollujo! I started my Nuneaton save long before he did ;)

Edited by Lord Rowell
Identity clarification in case anyone asked

I believe there's at least a 20 year wait between building stadiums

1 hour ago, Neotropolis said:

I believe there's at least a 20 year wait between building stadiums

I feared this was the case (though its understandable).

Can anyone else confirm, or suggest otherwise?

Edited by Lord Rowell

1 hour ago, Lord Rowell said:

I feared this was the case (though its understandable).

Can anyone else confirm, or suggest otherwise?

I am sure that other users will confirm this from their own experiences, but it is at least 20 years and I don't think that you can influence the timing of another new stadium.

Yeah there's definitely a time limit on it I'm afraid. Can't remember exactly how long it is, but believe it's around 20-30 years. 

You're lucky - I asked this same question not long ago. I'm Brackley in my third season in the Premier League and the stadium has been maxed out at 15,000.

I'm going to have to wait 17+ seasons!

hace 4 horas, Smkx_Muldoon dijo:

You're lucky - I asked this same question not long ago. I'm Brackley in my third season in the Premier League and the stadium has been maxed out at 15,000.

I'm going to have to wait 17+ seasons!

you can still hope for a stadium with your name...right? xD

Aaarrrggghhhh!!! At least 8 more seasons of slog!

The reason for this is understandable though. Thanks folks.

Worcester Legend - already had that in FM11 ;)

On 21/06/2018 at 21:04, WorcesterLegend said:

you can still hope for a stadium with your name...right? xD

Hopefully, I'm in the legends category,

Yeah this is understandable, but in some cases very unrealistic an annoying. For example in my Salford (FM18) save I was in year 2029, we were a top 3 team in the Premier League, had won the Europa League, reached semis in the Champions League, two time League Cup winner and a FA cup finalist. Yet we played on 12.5k stadium because it was build in 2017 and couldn't be expanded any further. 12.5.k is the minimum for the Premier League. I lost all the motivation for the save, but eventually I gave up and paid for FMRTE and modified the build year of the stadium. Now in 2031 we are about to move to a new stadium with 33k seats and I'm into the save again.

This kind of hard coded limitations are understandable, but also very annoying when you are stuck with such a small stadium at such a high level. Call me a cheater, but I just had to do this.

Edited by Jusander

1 hour ago, Jusander said:

Yeah this is understandable, but in some cases very unrealistic an annoying. For example in my Salford (FM18) save I was in year 2029, we were a top 3 team in the Premier League, had won the Europa League, reached semis in the Champions League, two time League Cup winner and a FA cup finalist. Yet we played on 12.5k stadium because it was build in 2017 and couldn't be expanded any further. 12.5.k is the minimum for the Premier League. I lost all the motivation for the save, but eventually I gave up and paid for FMRTE and modified the build year of the stadium. Now in 2031 we are about to move to a new stadium with 33k seats and I'm into the save again.

This kind of hard coded limitations are understandable, but also very annoying when you are stuck with such a small stadium at such a high level. Call me a cheater, but I just had to do this.

I think Salford going from non-league to one of the best sides in the world in a decade is the unrealistic bit here! That's what should become nearly-impossible to do.

hace 1 hora, Jusander dijo:

Call me a cheater, but I just had to do this.

its a single player game, so you do what you want really, im stuck right now with a 18K in PL and it was build at 2023, being at 2032 i have to swallow 11 years to build another, if i don't get a stadium with my name after 5 more season i will do the same as you, is not cheating if you aren't playing online anyway, on top of that it would be realistic for leicester to build a 50K stadium if they had won another 2 PL trophies lol

3 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

its a single player game, so you do what you want really, im stuck right now with a 18K in PL and it was build at 2023, being at 2032 i have to swallow 11 years to build another, if i don't get a stadium with my name after 5 more season i will do the same as you, is not cheating if you aren't playing online anyway, on top of that it would be realistic for leicester to build a 50K stadium if they had won another 2 PL trophies lol

You still have to wait the 20 or so years, no matter what the stadium is called.