Sports Interactive Community
git2thachoppa

Iran v Spain - Wed 20th June (1900 BST, 1800 GMT, 2100 MSK, 2000 CEST, 2230 TEH)

3 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

The central defensive optionsa and goalkeeper are entirely Iran-league based.

Your defence is impressive at what it does, I just hate the great wall, my apologies. Iran played like they did since the goal and I could get behind them.

Spain’s performance very similar to portugal’s earlier. Not great but just about doing enough.

Spain are a shambles when Iran attack them, should have done it earlier.

Just now, ArsenalFan7 said:

Your defence is impressive at what it does, I just hate the great wall, my apologies. Iran played like they did since the goal and I could get behind them.

Have you got behind Saudi Arabia?

The way Iran have played since going behind makes their first half tactics even more bizarre.
They really could've got a shock result here, shame they waited until being behind before they started to play. 

This doesn't make me scared of Spain I have to say.

Having said that, I've no doubt we'd lose against them :D

1 minute ago, daylight said:

The way Iran have played since going behind makes their first half tactics even more bizarre.
They really could've got a shock result here, shame they waited until being behind before they started to play. 

Dude, I've said before the game and during the game several times that this is what happens, even if Spain hadn't scored.

But let's pretend everything is ****.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

This doesn't make me scared of Spain I have to say.

Having said that, I've no doubt we'd lose against them :D

Don't worry if we win the group we'll probably have to play Brazil in the QFs.

This tournament has been proper turgid. So many teams underperforming.

I love this World Cup, not one team has looked great yet. Anyones trophy :D

Just now, Weezer said:

Yeah, hard to make a claim for any team winning it.

Mediocre at best so far.

Just now, Weezer said:

I don't know why people expect anything different, it happens every tournament but people forget by the time the next one roles around. It's what international football is.

Ghoddos finally on with 8 minutes left.

My only complaint about Carlos is the late subs, but it worked against Morocco and I'm complaining about a hero who's massively overachieving.

Pre-Carlos results include drawing with Angola, losing 3-1 to Mexico and getting thrashed by Peru.

Edited by git2thachoppa

Spain have not been very convincing, yeah Iran have been decent but still Spain haven't killed it off and they've let Iran in the back a few times.

Need to improve in the future games, a much better could finish them off.

Just now, G-Man11 said:

I don't know why people expect anything different, it happens every tournament but people forget by the time the next one roles around. It's what international football is.

You normally see 1 or 2 teams that just ooze class, even after the first round you can already see who is well above the others.
This is just so very ordinary so far.

Dreadful refereeing! The Spain 2nd was on.

9 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

Have you got behind Saudi Arabia?

No chance, they can try but they're just rubbish.

Edited by ArsenalFan7

3 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Germany weren't far away from being knocked out by Algeria in 2014 iirc

5 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Maybe it's the nostalgia talking but I remember some great tournaments when I was younger. USA 94 and France 98 my two favourites.

You at least expect to see a couple of teams looking strong. All the favourites have been turd so far.

Let's take our time over a throw-in.

Edited by grff

Target remains the same for Iran: Beat Portugal and they're through. If they play in that game like they played towards the end of this game, Portugal will have real problems.

kissing the ball and praying for a great throw and that's the answer he got, it's official guys, there is no God.

Really enjoyed that. And for all that, Iran are no worse off really than they would have been with a draw. Beat Portugal and they’re through.

Just now, Weezer said:

Maybe it's the nostalgia talking but I remember some great tournaments when I was younger. USA 94 and France 98 my two favourites.

You at least expect to see a couple of teams looking strong. All the favourites have been turd so far.

I think the weaker teams have simply got a lot more organised in the last 20 years. They may not have much more talent than before but they are better conditioned, coached and capable of playing solid defensive football.

Doesn't help that nobody seems to have managed to score early yet in this tournament against a defensive minnow.

Just now, Heartwork said:

Target remains the same for Iran: Beat Portugal and they're through. If they play in that game like they played towards the end of this game, Portugal will have real problems.

Cristiano Ronaldooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

3 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Dreadful refereeing! The Spain 2nd was on.

No chance, they can try but they're just rubbish.

So when Iran play like how they're playing, you say you could get behind them if they played more open.

But if they did that and lost 5-0 and 3-1 as Saudi Arabia did, you'd say "they can try but they're just rubbish".

Edited by git2thachoppa

Just now, daylight said:

kissing the ball and praying for a great throw and that's the answer he got, it's official guys, there is no God.

I thought the same. That or Allah is properly pissing his pants.

Best game of the WC so far. Putty Iran couldn't hold on longer, and had that goal chalked off. 

That summersault throwin was just all kinds of amazing :D

Just now, georginho_juventusygr said:

Queiroz should have attacked.

Yeah, abandon the game plan that's given Iran their best ever results in a 4-year period in their entire history so they can get destroyed by Spain 3-0.