Sports Interactive Community
git2thachoppa

Iran v Spain - Wed 20th June (1900 BST, 1800 GMT, 2100 MSK, 2000 CEST, 2230 TEH)

Iran look alright coming forward now, could definitely beat Portugal and go through in second.

Tbf that had nothing to do with VAR. the linesman flagged immediately and the Ref blew his whilstle to signal it immediately, just the idiot commentators and Iran players weren’t paying attention. Luckily they could go to VAR to confirm he was right

Just now, georginho_juventusygr said:

The VAR referees now aren't in our pocket.

Taglia retired.

Just now, Astafjevs said:

Yes I was

Weird, because I remeber you saying about how referees are doing a worse job because of it and make too many unnecessary reviews and that it should be implemented in a better way. And I actually agreed with you for once.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Oh my, Koke. What is Hierro thinking? Pathetic sub.

Scared of that Iranian counter attack threat. 

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Can't argue with the VAR decision but still, must be gutwrenching for them after all the celebrations.

It had already been disallowed before the celebrations 

1 minute ago, Sid1984 said:

About a foot offside but still offside.

It's given against #6 because there's a flick-on and he's about two yards off.

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Oh my, Koke. What is Hierro thinking? Pathetic sub.

That they are a bit open on the break?

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Can't argue with the VAR decision but still, must be gutwrenching for them after all the celebrations.

I spaffed. :(

Just now, Mr Adam said:

Tbf that had nothing to do with VAR. the linesman flagged immediately and the Ref blew his whilstle to signal it immediately, just the idiot commentators and Iran players weren’t paying attention. Luckily they could go to VAR to confirm he was right

Yeah I seen the linesman and the ref, you could understand the Iranian players and subs not paying attention though.

Just now, daylight said:

Yeah I seen the linesman and the ref, you could understand the Iranian players and subs not paying attention though.

Not me I always stare at the ref and linesman for about 2 seconds before I celebrate my teams goals 😂

That scramble :D Favourite game of the tournament so far. Not best, but my favourite.

Just now, Heartwork said:

Do you mind not kicking the **** out of the Iranian defenders

He's got his arm on the ball........ He would need an electric saw to get the ball out!   :D 

1 minute ago, G-Man11 said:

That they are a bit open on the break?

Well given he's went like for like and not subbed Lucas it has to be Thiago on who is good defensively and offers waaaaay more than Koke does.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Well given he's went like for like and not subbed Lucas it has to be Thiago on who is good defensively and offers waaaaay more than Koke does.

Koke offers more defensively than Thiago. If score was 0-0 Thiago would have come in instead. Makes sense.

Not really like for like though is it? Iniesta is far less definitively responsible than Koke.

2 minutes ago, daylight said:

He's got his arm on the ball........ He would need an electric saw to get the ball out!   :D 

Well iirc it was Costa and Ramos in the scramble so shouldn't be surprised by their GBH attacks

Edited by Heartwork

Just now, Sid1984 said:

Koke offers more defensively than Thiago. If score was 0-0 Thiago would have come in instead. Makes sense.

Koke is better at pressing but Thiago is better and more experienced in a holding role.

Just now, G-Man11 said:

Not really like for like though is it? Iniesta is far less definitively responsible than Koke.

Positionally. If he wanted to play someone further back Thiago is better than Koke as a 6.

Iran so much better now they are coming out, can't help but think with a more positive manager they could be a better side.

Jahanbakhsh the right-winger is the top scorer in the Dutch league with an incredible 21 goals and 12 assists in 33 league games.

1 minute ago, G-Man11 said:

You just really really want to see Thiago don't you :D

Well combination of that and think Koke isn't as good as he should be in the middle because of Simeone not trusting him enough earlier in his career there.

I'd waaaaay rather have Saúl too...

Edited by EnterUsernameHere

1 minute ago, git2thachoppa said:

Jahanbakhsh the right-winger is the top scorer in the Dutch league with an incredible 21 goals and 12 assists in 33 league games.

So why didn't he start?

1 minute ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Iran can clearly actually play football, so I have no sympathy for their shithouse tactics throughout this and Morocco.

The central defensive optionsa and goalkeeper are entirely Iran-league based.

Koke is an excellent player, as is Saul and Thiago. They are not lacking in talent on the bench. All good to bring on.

Iran will have to play against Portugal like they have done since going behind. They can win it playing like that, especially given how poor Portugal were earlier.

Just now, craigcwwe said:

So why didn't he start?

It looked like he got really bad cramp in the final stages of the last game, so he must not've been 100% fit.

Also Taremi, who effectively took his place and ain't bad either, was there to support Azmoun in the middle drifting in. With Jahan' on you'd have a kid all on his own against Ramos and Pique.

2 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

That's a better sub.

Should have been made at HT at the latest. 

Though I'd have started Asensio in the first place. 

Edited by craigcwwe

TBF whether they lose or draw, Iran's requirement will be the same: Beat Portugal.

Well combination of that and think Koke isn't as good as he should be in the middle because of Simeone not trusting him enough earlier in his career there.

I'd waaaaay rather have Saúl too...

I think Koke just stagnated and hit his comfort zone more than anything else.

Saul another who's better playing a more adventurous/creative role. Bot Thiago and Saul are definitely better players than Koke but he's the best defensive cm option of the 3 by far.