Iran v Spain - Wed 20th June (1900 BST, 1800 GMT, 2100 MSK, 2000 CEST, 2230 TEH)

git2thachoppa

Just now, enigmatic said:

Bigger teams than Iran will play like this against Spain.

Exactly. The tiki-taka years had the likes of Portugal, Germany and France defending in the same way.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, daylight said:

Iranian player down with a nose bleed, too far up the park.

I mean there's literally a defender outside the area and still there's complaints.

There's evidently no point trying to please viewers after all.

5 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

I guarantee that if Iran came out trying to play like the 1970 Brazil side you'd be on here posting about how ridiculous it is that such a mismatch is allowed to take place at a WC when Spain are 6-0 up. 

That’s why I said they shouldn’t be allowed here at all. It’s crap. 

This is my favourite game of the tournament. 

Iran trying to waste time everywhere and that red wall is so bloody impressive. 

What a match. 

Oh, and the temperamental ref. 

This what the world Cup is about 😂

1 minute ago, Bliss Seeker said:

This is my favourite game of the tournament. 

Iran trying to waste time everywhere and that red wall is so bloody impressive. 

What a match. 

Oh, and the tempormental ref. 

This what the world Cup is about 😂

I hope you were born after 1990 if you think this is what it’s all about!

1 minute ago, martplfc1 said:

Fair enough if you don't like their approach to this game but what do you expect them to do? 

This is their best chance of progressing. 

I find it intriguing viewing. As do many others on here judging by the posts. 

1 minute ago, martplfc1 said:

I hope you were born after 1990 if you think this is what it’s all about!

If you can't appreciate the effort, skill, organisation and well, balls, needed to put in the type of performance Iran have this first half, you're an idiot who's watching the wrong sport. 

3 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

Iran are the best qualifier in Asia, unbeaten, 9 cleans sheets in 9 games.

I think it's fair if Europe get half their entire continent in that Asia gets at least 1 team...

4 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

If you can't appreciate the effort, skill, organisation and well, balls, needed to put in the type of performance Iran have this first half, you're an idiot who's watching the wrong sport. 

And you’re the kind of idiot who’s probably spaffing at the prospect of an Iceland Iran final.

So far, an incredible World Cup.

A proper goal from Iran, even if it's 1-1, would be the greatest week in Iranian footballing history. Heck even 0-0 would be that really, I'm just dreaming.

Just now, Pukey said:

I get it's not thrilling, but people actually mad that Iran are playing like this :D the **** do you expect?

I’m not mad at Iran per se, I’m sick of every international tournament turning into a complete snooze fest due to park bus tactics.

Normally you'd think that a team can't hold out for the entire match, eventually they'll make a mistake and they'll get punished for it. But that relies on the other team playing well, and I don't think Spain are. Iran aren't doing a lot and are cynical as hell but Spain seem utterly bereft of ideas and are making basic mistakes.

Iran are perfectly entitled to play however they please to get the best result.

I am entitled to hope they lose so I never have to see them progress with their complete lack of interest in attacking.

However the playacting is funny, this is Spain after all.

15 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Btw, am I the only one who found Spanish teams over the past decade extremely boring? 

They won in 2010 with scoring grand total of 8 goals. In 7 games.

And everyone jacked off to their tiki-taka. It was just disgusting to watch.

Tiki taka was dull.

I am enjoying this game (had to mute it though!), but there's going to be more and more games like this once the idiots at Fifa make it 42 teams

Spain are playing too slow and with too little creativity IMO. It's all good having 300% possession but you do need to have at least some occasional sudden tempo switches to unlock the game. Good defending but this is not the way to break this bus.

Archived