Sports Interactive Community
Baptista_8

Colombia VS Japan (1pm KO)

Shocking decision from the ref to give the free kick there in the first place :lol:

Why the hell are the Japanese players complaining so much? You could see ut was in right away without the goalline technology :D 

2 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

Why the hell are the Japanese players complaining so much? You could see ut was in right away without the goalline technology :D 

Exactly, don't know why they even bother to protest. GLT on play so that'll get the correct decision anyway. 

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but where are Mina and Zapata for Colombia. Was expecting one of them to start today

Shocking decision to give that Colombia FK, ref bottled it because he’d waved away a penalty just before. 

Falcao is falling about all over the place.

Can't believe the ref gave that as a free kick. Shambles.

I'm going to suggest Colombia used Japan's lack of height in a really clever way there.  Because they're shorter, they have to jump higher to get any decent height so jumped higher. Colombia knew they'd do that so went under the wall because they knew there'd be enough space down there. 

I call that a bit special knowhow. 

Please, no, not another Bake Off rip-off. :rolleyes:

And you thought the BBC couldn't get even more cringeworthy after last night's 'England win the World Cup' sequence.

Edited by CFuller

Neville just tried a premeditated killer joke and it just fell flat. 

Was quite funny at actually, just a pathetic delivery. 

"is this a borsch tucker trial?" 

:D

Edited by Bliss Seeker

5 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

I'm going to suggest Colombia used Japan's lack of height in a really clever way there.  Because they're shorter, they have to jump higher to get any decent height so jumped higher. Colombia knew they'd do that so went under the wall because they knew there'd be enough space down there. 

Image result for brent racist

Japan had the better of the second half so far. I wonder how @GunmaN1905 is coping cos I thought all Asian teams were terrible and don't deserve to be at the World Cup

Come on Falcao, getting embarrassing now with the falling to the floor. 

Good effort from Inui. Equally good save. 

Edited by craigcwwe

Yeah, better half with a man up.

I never said that Asia shouldn't have any teams in WC, I just said they have too many slots.

Big call from Pekermann to chuck Rodriguez on with half an hour to go considering he wasn't fit to start the game. 

2 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Come on Falcao, getting embarrassing now with the falling to the floor. 

Good effort from Inui. Equally good save. 

van Gaal broke him

A lot of people were saying Japan were the weakest team in this group, but I actually had them above Senegal before the tournament. They've played some good stuff at times during this match and will certainly be in the mix for the last 16.

James is on. :eek:

Edited by CFuller

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

A lot of people were saying Japan were the weakest team in this group, but I actually had them above Senegal before the tournament. They've played some good stuff at times during this match and will certainly be the mix for the last 16. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Senegal tops this group, especially if Colombia doesn't win here.

Poland lost Gilk, their captain and only class CB.

Mane-Niang-Balde trio is deadly and they're really solid in midfield with Kouyate and Gueye.
Koulibaly can mark anyone.

Weakest is probably right for them although Japan do have a decent team - 2x Sakai, Yoshida, Nagatomo are alright (nothing great but good enough for average clubs at least) and the front four of Haraguchi, Kagawa, Inui and Osako is alright.

Edited by DB08

You just have to look at Iceland (and on the other end, France) to know that individual talent does not a strong team make. France have all the individual stars but can't make them gel. Iceland have Gylfi but he's not the centre of the team - they work as a unit and become greater than the sum of their parts.

Japan been more positive this half. Too passive in the first half considering they're a man up. 

Edited by craigcwwe

7 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

van Gaal broke him

Nope. 

He was returning from a serious ACL injury when we signed him. 

Good to see him back to his best these last two seasons at Monaco though with 54 goals. 

Keisuke Honda still knocking about. One of those players that seems to have been around for eternity. 

Really poor from Ospina.

Nothing I hate more than goalkeepers who're incapable of rushing out on crosses.

Poland and Senegal will hopefully both progress through this group. 

Calling Colombia bad defensively while they have a man less. They are tired, probably.

Whatever enthusiasm Colombia had for getting an equalizer seems to have gone away.