Right-footed left-winger can't become inverted winger

I've bought a talented 21 year-old left-winger who is right-footed (Right, not Right Only). He currently has no capability for playing on the right wing. He has a full green circle for the Winger role and half circles for Inside Forward and Advanced Playmaker.

He has no capability as an Inverted Winger and there is no option to train him as one. As a winger playing on the side opposite to his footedness I would have thought Inverted Winger would be his best role, so it's surprising that this isn't even an option. 

Why is this?

Inverted wingers play in the midfield strata, not the attacking midfield.  Have you tried looking there?  Even if the game has decided that he is poorly suited to the role, he would have a red block in his suitability circle (but try him out there and see!)

4 minutes ago, Flashman said:

Inverted wingers play in the midfield strata, not the attacking midfield.  Have you tried looking there?  Even if the game has decided that he is poorly suited to the role, he would have a red block in his suitability circle (but try him out there and see!)

This. And you can train him as inside forward if played on the AML spot. 

14 minutes ago, Flashman said:

Inverted wingers play in the midfield strata, not the attacking midfield. 

Yeah, that's it.

While I'm here, what do you think I should train him as? His left-footedness is reasonable and his traits are: Gets Forward Whenever Possible, Looks For Pass Rather Than Attempting to Score, Runs With Ball Often

He's a good crosser and not so good dribbler or finisher, so I think probably it would be best to keep him as a Winger rather than make him an Inside Forward.

727203213_Screenshot(559).thumb.png.7dda913b7409e66f434624b892fc44d9.png

With the crossing an IF-S might work as they'll stay a bit wider. They'll be inclined to dribble more, however. I'm not sure how terrible 9 dribbling is for your league... assuming it's still League One it might not be that terrible and would likely improve over the next few years as well.

With his anticipation and work rate (and some training) he might work well as as a Raumdeuter. His finishing is a bit low, but he's still young and that could go up with some training. If he's getting open looks at the front of the net he might not need very good finishing.  I once had a striker with 5 finishing in Norway (FM17) that did pretty well because his other attributes meant he was often getting tap in goals and didn't need to be a high quality finisher.

Thanks for the advice. He'll be playing in the Championship next season (with my team). ;)

I think I'll keep him as a winger for the time being, as he seems to be doing okay in that role and there are other attributes that need developing. Three Inside Forward attributes he's a bit lacking in are Composure, Long Shots and Finishing.

Raumdeuter sounds a bit fancy for a League One player. :D

On 18/06/2018 at 21:06, Neotropolis said:

Spring a surprise. They won't know what hit 'em

assman: "coach, their number 11 keeps moving to the center and finds space inside the box. he's scored a hat trick already and it's not even halftime."

manager (to assman):"your'e right"

manager (with amazing vocal resemblance to john cleese, to other manager): "hey, rookie! that winger of yours can't even find the wing!"

manager (to assman, smugly): "bloody amateurs"

assman: "sir, he is a Raumdeuter"

manager: "that's okay son, i can handle the name calling"

Archived