Sports Interactive Community
LilSaint

Belgium - Panama 16:00 BST

2 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Belgium suffering from crap opposition syndrome where everyone thinks they can dribble through to goal on their own now.

Aye, they've switched to Stevie Me mode now. 

Fidel Escobar is defiitely one of the coolest names in this tournament :cool: 

That was a great attempt.

E: Ref blew earlier.

Edited by DB08

Just now, DB08 said:

Forgot Chadli 'plays' for West Brom.

Amazing how you can have a golden generation, leave Nainggolan at home and still have room in your squad for an injury plagued Chadli! 

19 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Pretty ignorant comment. 

Six of their squad plays at a decent level in the MLS and another plays in Slovakia.

25 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Hey now, MLS isn't that bad (almost all of Panama's defence plays in MLS)

MLS isn’t a good level let’s be honest. They gave a decent go but will be the whipping boys this tournament.

1 minute ago, ryan045 said:

MLS isn’t a good level let’s be honest. They gave a decent go but will be the whipping boys this tournament.

Don't see Tunisia doing anything big against against.

Whipping boys are Morocco. Lost to Iran and will surely enjoy some Portuguese and Spanish sausage. 

17 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Amazing how you can have a golden generation, leave Nainggolan at home and still have room in your squad for an injury plagued Chadli! 

I said the same thing when our final selection was announced. While Nainggolans omision is incomprehensible, Chadli has actually proved me wrong.
He fills that left wing back position better than Carrasco imo, in spite of his non-season.

Quite pleased with the 3-0 win, think we scored 3 lovely goals. First half was obviously poor, but understandeable given Panama parking the bus from the first minute.
Looking forward to the  Tunisia game now, hope we can take care of business before facing England. Unlike us, they impressed in the first half - not as much in the second.
End product seems to be lacking atm, if they can get their shooting boots on I can imagine us having a tough game ahead.

honestly Carrasco was our weak(est) link in the team imo

the complaints on his lack of defensive work for example gave Panama a few half chances

against Tunisia we cannot afford the space he gave them

and tbh do we have a real alternative there? true Chadli, but no real Meunier type player ie a player that is reliable defensively

7 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Didn't hide very well

Did you read the article? :D

Hazard accused Lukaku of hiding in the first half and told him at Half Time he had to get more involved and stop hiding. 

The article goes on to say:

'I told Romelu at half time that we needed him,' Hazard said after the victory according to the Sun. 'He was hiding away on his own up front in the first half.

'Once he got involved in the game, as if by magic, he scored two goals. I hope he will understand.'

Funnily enough, i think someone needed to wrap an arm around Kane and say the same thing in his ear. He scored twice but was totally uninvolved in the match barring setpieces. That's not enough. 

18 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Did you read the article? :D

Hazard accused Lukaku of hiding in the first half and told him at Half Time he had to get more involved and stop hiding. 

The article goes on to say:

'I told Romelu at half time that we needed him,' Hazard said after the victory according to the Sun. 'He was hiding away on his own up front in the first half.

'Once he got involved in the game, as if by magic, he scored two goals. I hope he will understand.'

I don't click on Daily Mail links.

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

I don't click on Daily Mail links.

You can't criticise it without reading it. 

Even if it's scum like the DM.