England V Tunisia 1900 BST BBC1

decapitated

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Goldy said:

This ref is known for dodgy decisions though, disallowed two Mexico goals for offside, which where not offisde

I thought the player ran into Walker and fell straight away

How could such a bright guy become a mod here? 

The main ref is dodgy because of offside decisions...

"Ran into Walker"...

Just now, CFuller said:

As another England manager would say... first half of the first half, good. Second half of the first half, not so good.

I'm trying to stay optimistic for the second half. I still think we can get our game going again.

They are absolute ***** at the back. We should create a load more chances. Whether we take them is another matter.

Just now, Pukey said:

Going down after that :D

In fairness a player went down for the same thing the other night, the BBC commentator said "yeah he's had the wind knocked out of him with that" , now the BBC commentator saying it's ridiculous to go down.

Just now, outlander said:

How could such a bright guy become a mod here? 

The main ref is dodgy because of offside decisions...

"Ran into Walker"...

cos i know how to use the ban function on this forum mr wise guy ;-)

1 minute ago, av3ry said:

Referee 1-1 England.

Dirty cheating wankers. How's that a penalty when the striker ran into Kyle Walker? Then their player rugby tackles Harry Kane no penalty. How much have they bribed the ref?

You're the worst..

Clearly was a pen

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Walker gives away a stupid pen and Sterling is the problem... Unbelievable 

So players can't be called out for being awful because the press picks on them?

Have a think before you post.

4 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Referee 1-1 England.

Dirty cheating wankers. How's that a penalty when the striker ran into Kyle Walker? Then their player rugby tackles Harry Kane no penalty. How much have they bribed the ref?

raining_david_tennant.gif

The rear of our team looks so delicate and we don't seem to have the positioning to press effectively. Once we get the ball forward though we look dangerous. This is like the opposite of what I have seen of England over the years.

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

Walker's was a pen... 

And whether Kane's was or not..

Why aren't england fans concentrating on the dozen or so clear cut chances you've had and bottled?

You are comical, Walkers was but whether England's was or not doesn't matter. Both were stonewallers and aside from your usual England hating routine you know it too.

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Does Southgate really think that Walker as CB will work against stronger teams?

Walker as a centre back might turn out to be for 2018 what Kane taking corners was for 2016. 

I've not read this thread I'll just put my 1st half thoughts and disappear :)

Overall we've played well bar a few minutes here and there, the penalty was unfortunate but that was easily one of the better halves of football I've seen from an England team in a major tournament since possibly Euro 2004, I'm actually very pleased with everything bar the scoreline and again it's unfortunate how we conceded.

My actual only issue is Harry Maguire, he looks a threat in the Tunisian box but he has looked to casual at times defensively when on the ball and is a liability, Gary Cahill should replace him in this first eleven for future games and maybe even the second half as he also provides a threat in the opposition box but is much better defensively and his experience could be invaluable in that back line.

I think if we play the same way the game is ours for the taking, a little more composure in the final third and we should win by two.

Just now, Redshift said:

The rear of our team looks so delicate and we don't seem to have the positioning to press effectively. Once we get the ball forward though we look dangerous. This is like the opposite of what I have seen of England over the years.

My mate has a massive issue with Walker at CB, and I'm saying it's fine for games we have the bulk of possession in. I think he might be right 

2 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Walker's was a pen... 

And whether Kane's was or not..

Why aren't england fans concentrating on the dozen or so clear cut chances you've had and bottled?

Soft, blame culture mentality? 

"its not our fault, its the referee" 

Just now, Marc Albrighton said:

You are comical, Walkers was but whether England's was or not doesn't matter. Both were stonewallers and aside from your usual England hating routine you know it too.

Usual? where have I said I hated england before?

Yes kane was stonewall.. but my point is.. whether it was or not, england should be far and away ahead despite it.

Archived