Brazil vs Switzerland, Group E, 19:00 UK time

PMLF

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bestbrother said:

Are referees told not to book anyone?

Might as well run around kicking people and pulling a sad face:onmehead::(

Ref has been awful, so many times a Swiss player got a way with pulling shirts or just grabbing a Brazil player 

Interesting first set of games so far with none of the so-called big boys really being dominate. Quite refreshing to see and should keep most groups open until the last games.

1 minute ago, Astafjevs said:

You've got to respect Switzerland. Their record over the last few years deserves it. They don't have the quality of a top nation, but they know how to play. They're going to be difficult to knock out of this tournament

That's how I feel. I'm not too concerned about the result, Neymar shouldn't be a starter though. Second rate player.

2 minutes ago, grff said:

Interesting first set of games so far with none of the so-called big boys really being dominate. Quite refreshing to see and should keep most groups open until the last games.

Yeah only seen two sides look out of their depth so far, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia. 

Unlike Argentina, Brazil has a gameplan and when Neymar takes the ball for his solo-antics he just becomes a detriment to the team.

2 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Yeah only seen two sides look out of their depth so far, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia. 

I'd probably add Iran-Morocco in there.

I think Brazil are going to be quite reliant on their first XI. Not many different options on the bench to change a game beyond Firmino and maybe Douglas Costa. If Neymar and co don't do the job, you know what's coming from the bench

16 minutes ago, grff said:

Clearly set up for England to smash Tunisia and takeover as overwelming favourite 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Unlike Argentina, Brazil has a gameplan and when Neymar takes the ball for his solo-antics he just becomes a detriment to the team.

I'd probably add Iran-Morocco in there.

Yeah that's fair but for now they get a pass as they were against each other. Be amazed if either get another point though obviously, neither look capable of the solid defending required.

2 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Clearly set up for England to smash Tunisia and takeover as overwelming favourite 

You jest, but that's exactly what I think will happen. Obviously not going to be favourite, but they're obviously going to look really impressive against **** opposition tomorrow, win handily, and look the best of the established nations. Cue hysteria

9 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

You jest, but that's exactly what I think will happen. Obviously not going to be favourite, but they're obviously going to look really impressive against **** opposition tomorrow, win handily, and look the best of the established nations. Cue hysteria

Until the 0-0 with Panama...

Brazil has themselves to blame here, dropped the tempo massively after the goal, probably thinking it would be a walk in the park, and were punished later.

Could have won the game comfortably in the first half if they tried, but instead tried to pull a Croatia.

Brazil were pretty poor that game.  As soon as they scored their goal they took their foot off the gas so to speak and allowed the Swiss to come back. Poor marking on the corner that they conceded from too. 

That goal from Coutinho is quickly becoming hie trademark. 

So far none of the big nations have impressed with only France winning and they struggled. 

Which means it's all set up for England to batter Tunisia and becomes favourites for the World Cup!!

Football's coming home!

;)

4 hours ago, Bunkerossian said:

Brazil are being pulled down by the weight of Neymar's ego.

And his hair. What the f*ck is going on with his hair? It's like there's some sort of New Romantic revival sweeping Paris/Brazil, only with even more ridiculous haircuts than the first time around.

Is it written in the Brazilian constitution that every time they send a team to a World Cup Finals at least one member of the squad has to be sporting an absolutely ridiculous hairdo?

5 hours ago, Boltman said:

And his hair. What the f*ck is going on with his hair? It's like there's some sort of New Romantic revival sweeping Paris/Brazil, only with even more ridiculous haircuts than the first time around.

Is it written in the Brazilian constitution that every time they send a team to a World Cup Finals at least one member of the squad has to be sporting an absolutely ridiculous hairdo?

I thought a bird was going to fly out of it at any time during the match! :D

Switzerland were really slack near the end, giving possession away, may well have been tiredness. Shaqiri should have come off, he was offering nothing near the end, let guys run off him.

Brazil have a team of stars, I am sure they'll top this, not particularly challenging, group but they were hardly free flowing here

Archived