Germany Vs Mexico 1600 BST BBC1

decapitated

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game - Mexico have been really good so far.

As for Germany - something needs to be changed in the halftime. If I was Löw I'd put Süle in for Hummels, as Mats is haveing a total offday. Also put Reus in - either fro Draxler or the lazy Özil.

I think he meant 1990 maybe.

Hirving Lozano must absolutely loving this game all that space he has. There doesnt look like there is a German right-back. Ozil tracked him back for the goal?

Germany need a rocket up their arse. Throwing their arms up and shouting for a decision constantly. 

If they played football instead of rolling around and throwing their arms up after every tackle they might win this.

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

Nah they tried making France and Germany the same country once, it didn't work too well.

It worked well in Charlemagne's time though. And the EU is basically a Franco-German union too.

Can't be blaming Boateng and Hummels when Khedira and Kroos are nowhere. Only so much they can do - keep attacking defenders like that, they'll get through eventually.

Khedira shouldn't be playing in a two like this. Needs to be benched

5 minutes ago, PMLF said:

It worked well in Charlemagne's time though. And the EU is basically a Franco-German union too.

During Charlemagne's time there wasn't really a concept of Germany - there was still very much local identities in the Holy Roman Empire and France which took precedence over the "national" identity, with more people speaking local languages than French or German.

Kimmich is being exposed so badly here, but it's definitely Low's tactics of pushing him into an auxiliary winger and leaving him with no particular cover at all. Lozano is showing why he's am FM wonderkid as well. I'm just a bit surprised Mexico are targetting Kimmich more than Plattenhardt.

4 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

During Charlemagne's time there wasn't really a concept of Germany - there was still very much local identities in the Holy Roman Empire and France which took precedence over the "national" identity, with more people speaking local languages than French or German.

Sure, the concept of Germany only started after Prussia grew, and France only became France after the territory was separated from the rest of the Frankish realm. But I was referring to the territories being united under a single ruler. 

5 minutes ago, adhikapp said:

Kimmich is being exposed so badly here, but it's definitely Low's tactics of pushing him into an auxiliary winger and leaving him with no particular cover at all. Lozano is showing why he's am FM wonderkid as well. I'm just a bit surprised Mexico are targetting Kimmich more than Plattenhardt.

They're targeting Kimmich because he's the one who is getting forward constantly. 

Kimmich is such a threat going forward so I can see why they want him high up that flank but why Khedira isn't covering him I don't know. Just shift over a little. 

feels to me as if Germany have already done any opponents tactics talk for them with how Kimmich is playing

any decent winger will be targetting him as he's going far too forward for a full back

Archived