Sports Interactive Community
DB08

France vs Australia, Group C. KO - 11 am BST

Well, that was boring. France looked so poor, and I don`t see any player dragging them all the way to the later stages like Zidane did in 2006.

Pavard looks like a central defender playing at right back. If Dembélé doesn't want to stay wide, you need a proper fullback there

It's not from today's game

Giroud ,even if less talented, is really important in our team, the only one who can harrass the defensive backline

In the midfield, huge talks regarding Pogba before the beggining of the WC, his impact is really limited on the pitch, and he can't play a single simple pass

My bets:

-Giroud in for "Chicken head" Dembele

-Matuidi for Pogba

-Then Lemar or Fekir

Well deserved for the aussies so far

1 minute ago, Astafjevs said:

Pavard looks like a central defender playing at right back. If Dembélé doesn't want to stay wide, you need a proper fullback there

He pretty much is. 

I didn't realise Pavard even got called up. Bizarre one. 

France are so bad considering their pool for selection. Should be smashing Australia. 

France got a lot of overhyped youngsters who just don't appear. Mbappé, Pogba, Dembélé..  

How can you put Mbappe in there :D Only one offering France something this half and trying to create stuff.

A head injury huh? Don't they know the rules with Giroud? No touching of the hair or face.

7 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

It's been 45 minutes. Silly overreaction

6 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

How can you put Mbappe in there :D Only one offering France something this half and trying to create stuff.

We'll see. 

Mbappé was disappointing for PSG this season too. He doesn't look like a winger in the slightest. 

It's not even like France were good at Euro 16. They played pretty poor en route to the final.

Don't think I'm basing my posts off this game alone. They generally just aren't impressive considering their pool. Deschamps isn't good enough. 

Tackle :thup:

Going to VAR. He's given the pen? How?

Edited by Big Geordie

How many times do we see this? Big side underperforming against a hardworking opponent but winning the game later on when they start to tire... Fully expect the same to happen here.

Very soft penalty, wouldn't want to make that call myself though. Could go either way.

Didn’t see the ref have a look at that last angle we saw, the one which shows the slightest of touches on the ball from the defender.

shame

defender kicks the ball on to Griezmann, not a penalty for me

I'm not entirely sure that was a penalty. I would've given Australia the benefit of the doubt.

Griezmann SCORES. 1-0.

Mark Lawrensen is having a meltdown. "He touched it,. "The slightest of touches" even though he didnt touch the ball before tripping Griezmann.

Just now, av3ry said:

Mark Lawrensen is having a meltdown. "He touched it,. "The slightest of touches" even though he didnt touch the ball before tripping Griezmann.

He did, though?

I think penalty to be honest. Even with a slight touch he still catches him again with a follow through. 

But...also think it's not clear enough to bring it back.

He'll be moaning for the next month over that VAR decision now.

Not convinced that was a penalty.

VAR :thup:

It'll become seamless when the refs are used to it, farcical to not use it now its here.

Just now, ArsenalFan7 said:

I don’t get the outrage, looked a pen to me.

Me too.

Basically people want VAR to agree with them or it is flawed. There are some incidences that humans will never agree on and this is one.