Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
GunmaN1905

Portugal - Spain, 19BST

Recommended Posts

Just now, daylight said:

2 things we have 100% can never be argued. 

Ronaldo is world class and doesn't have to track back.

Number 2, me and @JDownie can't predict for ****!

I'll join the crew with my words about Diego Costa as well :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now it's going to be about goal difference in this group.

Expect to see some batterings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikejess92 said:

Yes, he needs something even grander.

Nope, just needs to show a bit of interest in tracking back once in a while, put in the odd tackle, cover for a team mate, that sort of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only Ronaldo would still be getting stick after scoring a hat-trick and hauling his team to a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boltman said:

Then he'd be the GOAT, which he isn't simply because there's a large, but fundamentally basic part of his game which is totally non-existant.

He's a fantastic player, absolutely brilliant, he's just not a complete player which, for me, prevents him being considered GOAT.

Pele and Maradona aren't exactly renowned for their tracking back tbf. He leads from the front, not his job to pick up players and put tackles in. He's single-handedly kept his side in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daylight said:

2 things we have 100% can never be argued. 

Ronaldo is world class and doesn't have to track back.

Number 2, me and @JDownie can't predict for ****!

Mate!

You predicted Spain would score 3. I predicted Portugal would score 3.

Between us we're a ****ing genius. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spain were outstanding as a team at various points, but Ronaldo almost single-handedly saved Portugal a point. My clear man of the match.

60 games to go. Beat that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's an all-time World Cup classic. Fabulous game and at the end of the day, I think it was the right result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the great World Cup matches.  Terrific stuff.  Ronaldo is a beast.  Simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spain should have won that. Hope the Spanish press do not vilify DeGea.

Actually, hope they do so that Madrid do not get him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was entertaining :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TM said:

I'll join the crew with my words about Diego Costa as well :cool:

Scottish folk in general there? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boltman said:

Then he'd be the GOAT, which he isn't simply because there's a large, but fundamentally basic part of his game which is totally non-existant.

He's a fantastic player, absolutely brilliant, he's just not a complete player which, for me, prevents him being considered GOAT.

While I agree that he's not the GOAT (something that is impossible to judge btw), judging a complete forward on his defensive game would be like judging a right-back on his goalscoring record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JDownie said:

Mate!

You predicted Spain would score 3. I predicted Portugal would score 3.

Between us we're a ****ing genius. :D

But as it stands, both of you are only half a genius. :D:brock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Haguey said:

Only Ronaldo would still be getting stick after scoring a hat-trick and hauling his team to a result.

Bingo. I understand he's a divisive figure sometimes but there's not many that actually deliver on so many occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magnificent.

Just magnificent. I'll watch that again on iPlayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Pele and Maradona aren't exactly renowned for their tracking back tbf. He leads from the front, not his job to pick up players and put tackles in. He's single-handedly kept his side in the game.

Amazed this actually needs spelling out.

Imagine saying El Fenomeno wasn't one of the most fearsome players ever because he didnt track back a bit

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JDownie said:

Mate!

You predicted Spain would score 3. I predicted Portugal would score 3.

Between us we're a ****ing genius. :D

**** me, you're right!

.... I have had a few beers mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DB08 said:

But as it stands, both of you are only half a genius. :D:brock:

That's generous, cheers mate :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

What are you talking about, Peru game is highlight of the day tomorrow.

You joke but save this for tomorrow.

"We will see at least 5 goals in that game" :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great game, thought Spain shouldn't have sat back in the last 10-15 minutes, but it's probably understandable considering that most of their players have played a lot of games this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End of the day, for all the **** people want to throw at Ronaldo - remove him from the game and Portugal get smashed to bits 3-0 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Pele and Maradona aren't exactly renowned for their tracking back tbf. He leads from the front, not his job to pick up players and put tackles in. He's single-handedly kept his side in the game.

Maradona certainly, but he had other deficiencies too despite being a fantastic player in his own right. Pele wasn't lazy though, and wasn't scared of sticking the boot in either. You couldn't play like that in Brazillian football from the 50's to the 70's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, imagine Harry Kane scores a hat-trick against Brazil or someone later in the tournament, I can't imagine anyone thinking about him being selfish and not tracking back and being one-dimensional :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DB08 said:

But as it stands, both of you are only half a genius. :D:brock:

I would have settled for that before the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boltman said:

Maradona certainly, but he had other deficiencies too despite being a fantastic player in his own right. Pele wasn't lazy though, and wasn't scared of sticking the boot in either. You couldn't play like that in Brazillian football from the 50's to the 70's

Sticking a boot in is not tracking back though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Amazed this actually needs spelling out.

Imagine saying El Fenomeno wasn't one of the most fearsome players ever because he didnt track back a bit

 

I couldn't care that he doesn't track back. You at least make a slight effort when the ball's near you. But it was more his body language that was a disgrace.

Anyway, he's amazing. Lets move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spain need to shake themselves off here because, apart from a footballing demi-god dragging his team to a draw, they look like the team to beat this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is simply the best to ever play.

If people argue against that it is likely because their judgement is clouded by not liking him as a person. Finding stupid reasons like not tracking back just makes them look stupid. If you don't like him just say it, that's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Haguey said:

I mean, imagine Harry Kane scores a hat-trick against Brazil or someone later in the tournament, I can't imagine anyone thinking about him being selfish and not tracking back and being one-dimensional :D

Its really ridiculous at this point but the same old people always point out the same old nonsense about certain players every time they do well. Yawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 in 45. Ball hogging git! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well end the World Cup now we wont get any game getting even close to that one for entertainment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronaldo, one dimensional...........and that dimension is putting the round thing in the back of the net......not a bad dimension to have it seems :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I stayed up for this game after the way the previous two went.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phenomenally entertaining game - and I thought it'd be a low/no score draw :rolleyes:

Ronaldo is a ****ing genius of a footballer. Icy balls of steel. Match that Messi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He delivers even on the international stage - can't say that for the other GOAT contender Messi who has got better team mates at both club and international level.

Edited by ubos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Mate!

You predicted Spain would score 3. I predicted Portugal would score 3.

Between us we're a ****ing genius. :D

That's numberwang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Divinity said:

Have literally never seen a player do so little yet still take all the plaudits. Outside of a penalty, a very good freekick and a DDG donation he hasn't done a thing. :D

How hurt you must be to write this? 

He earned a penalty out from absolutely nothing. Just check the replay since he got the ball. He earned a free kick from nothing again. Placed an unstoppable penalty. Placed an unstoppable free kick.

And also scored a third goal against the best gk. Yes, that was a mistake from De Gea. But the shot was very hard.

 

"Do so little" :idiot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...