Sports Interactive Community
GunmaN1905

Portugal - Spain, 19BST

Just now, daylight said:

2 things we have 100% can never be argued. 

Ronaldo is world class and doesn't have to track back.

Number 2, me and @JDownie can't predict for ****!

I'll join the crew with my words about Diego Costa as well :cool:

Now it's going to be about goal difference in this group.

Expect to see some batterings.

1 minute ago, mikejess92 said:

Yes, he needs something even grander.

Nope, just needs to show a bit of interest in tracking back once in a while, put in the odd tackle, cover for a team mate, that sort of thing.

Only Ronaldo would still be getting stick after scoring a hat-trick and hauling his team to a result.

5 minutes ago, Boltman said:

Then he'd be the GOAT, which he isn't simply because there's a large, but fundamentally basic part of his game which is totally non-existant.

He's a fantastic player, absolutely brilliant, he's just not a complete player which, for me, prevents him being considered GOAT.

Pele and Maradona aren't exactly renowned for their tracking back tbf. He leads from the front, not his job to pick up players and put tackles in. He's single-handedly kept his side in the game.

1 minute ago, daylight said:

2 things we have 100% can never be argued. 

Ronaldo is world class and doesn't have to track back.

Number 2, me and @JDownie can't predict for ****!

Mate!

You predicted Spain would score 3. I predicted Portugal would score 3.

Between us we're a ****ing genius. :D

Spain were outstanding as a team at various points, but Ronaldo almost single-handedly saved Portugal a point. My clear man of the match.

60 games to go. Beat that!

That's an all-time World Cup classic. Fabulous game and at the end of the day, I think it was the right result.

One of the great World Cup matches.  Terrific stuff.  Ronaldo is a beast.  Simple as that.

Spain should have won that. Hope the Spanish press do not vilify DeGea.

Actually, hope they do so that Madrid do not get him

Well, that was entertaining :thup:

2 minutes ago, TM said:

I'll join the crew with my words about Diego Costa as well :cool:

Scottish folk in general there? :D

2 minutes ago, Boltman said:

Then he'd be the GOAT, which he isn't simply because there's a large, but fundamentally basic part of his game which is totally non-existant.

He's a fantastic player, absolutely brilliant, he's just not a complete player which, for me, prevents him being considered GOAT.

While I agree that he's not the GOAT (something that is impossible to judge btw), judging a complete forward on his defensive game would be like judging a right-back on his goalscoring record.

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

Mate!

But as it stands, both of you are only half a genius. :D:brock:

Just now, Haguey said:

Only Ronaldo would still be getting stick after scoring a hat-trick and hauling his team to a result.

Bingo. I understand he's a divisive figure sometimes but there's not many that actually deliver on so many occasions.

Magnificent.

Just magnificent. I'll watch that again on iPlayer

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Pele and Maradona aren't exactly renowned for their tracking back tbf. He leads from the front, not his job to pick up players and put tackles in. He's single-handedly kept his side in the game.

Amazed this actually needs spelling out.

Imagine saying El Fenomeno wasn't one of the most fearsome players ever because he didnt track back a bit

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

Mate!

**** me, you're right!

.... I have had a few beers mind.

Just now, DB08 said:

That's generous, cheers mate :lol:

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

What are you talking about, Peru game is highlight of the day tomorrow.

You joke but save this for tomorrow.

"We will see at least 5 goals in that game" :cool:

Great game, thought Spain shouldn't have sat back in the last 10-15 minutes, but it's probably understandable considering that most of their players have played a lot of games this season.

End of the day, for all the **** people want to throw at Ronaldo - remove him from the game and Portugal get smashed to bits 3-0 :D

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Maradona certainly, but he had other deficiencies too despite being a fantastic player in his own right. Pele wasn't lazy though, and wasn't scared of sticking the boot in either. You couldn't play like that in Brazillian football from the 50's to the 70's

I mean, imagine Harry Kane scores a hat-trick against Brazil or someone later in the tournament, I can't imagine anyone thinking about him being selfish and not tracking back and being one-dimensional :D

1 minute ago, DB08 said:

I would have settled for that before the game!

Just now, Boltman said:

Maradona certainly, but he had other deficiencies too despite being a fantastic player in his own right. Pele wasn't lazy though, and wasn't scared of sticking the boot in either. You couldn't play like that in Brazillian football from the 50's to the 70's

Sticking a boot in is not tracking back though.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Amazed this actually needs spelling out.

Imagine saying El Fenomeno wasn't one of the most fearsome players ever because he didnt track back a bit

I couldn't care that he doesn't track back. You at least make a slight effort when the ball's near you. But it was more his body language that was a disgrace.

Anyway, he's amazing. Lets move on.

Spain need to shake themselves off here because, apart from a footballing demi-god dragging his team to a draw, they look like the team to beat this year.

He is simply the best to ever play.

If people argue against that it is likely because their judgement is clouded by not liking him as a person. Finding stupid reasons like not tracking back just makes them look stupid. If you don't like him just say it, that's fine.

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

I mean, imagine Harry Kane scores a hat-trick against Brazil or someone later in the tournament, I can't imagine anyone thinking about him being selfish and not tracking back and being one-dimensional :D

Its really ridiculous at this point but the same old people always point out the same old nonsense about certain players every time they do well. Yawn.

1 in 45. Ball hogging git! :D

Might as well end the World Cup now we wont get any game getting even close to that one for entertainment.

Ronaldo, one dimensional...........and that dimension is putting the round thing in the back of the net......not a bad dimension to have it seems :D

Glad I stayed up for this game after the way the previous two went.

Phenomenally entertaining game - and I thought it'd be a low/no score draw :rolleyes:

Ronaldo is a ****ing genius of a footballer. Icy balls of steel. Match that Messi.

He delivers even on the international stage - can't say that for the other GOAT contender Messi who has got better team mates at both club and international level.

Edited by ubos

6 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Mate!

That's numberwang

7 minutes ago, Divinity said:

Have literally never seen a player do so little yet still take all the plaudits. Outside of a penalty, a very good freekick and a DDG donation he hasn't done a thing. :D

How hurt you must be to write this? 

He earned a penalty out from absolutely nothing. Just check the replay since he got the ball. He earned a free kick from nothing again. Placed an unstoppable penalty. Placed an unstoppable free kick.

And also scored a third goal against the best gk. Yes, that was a mistake from De Gea. But the shot was very hard.

"Do so little" :idiot: