Does anyone else kinda miss awful keepers?

Ackter

If you go back through the World Cups there were some hilariously bad and out-of-depth goalkeepers at the tournaments. This year, everyone seems to be competent. 

(Sorry about the awful commentary, couldn't find a better video).

Brazil goalkeeper Alisson is a good goalkeeper (better than Ederson) but he has potential to entertain sometimes too, like he did against Ecuador in Copa América:

4 minutes ago, Ackter said:

If you go back through the World Cups there were some hilariously bad and out-of-depth goalkeepers at the tournaments. This year, everyone seems to be competent. 

(Sorry about the awful commentary, couldn't find a better video).

Apart from the Saudi keeper in the first game you mean

5 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Brazil goalkeeper Alisson is a good goalkeeper (better than Ederson) but he has potential to entertain sometimes too, like he did against Ecuador in Copa América:

He constantly looked he could fumble any shot up until this season.
Amazing improvement, really. Salah-level, I'd say.

To fix the topic title, I miss awful English keepers. :D

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

He constantly looked he could fumble any shot up until this season.
Amazing improvement, really. Salah-level, I'd say.

To fix the topic title, I miss awful English keepers. :D

Yes, he used to be a very insecure goalkeeper and I still don't trust him. I don't trust Ederson for that matter as he can be a bit reckless...

5 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

After 3 games :D

England haven't played yet 

Well we hardly have Joe Hart in goal so it's not gonna be a total catastrophe.

If you want comically bad goalkeeping, watch this. There's a reason they pulled Bruce Grobbelaar out of retirement immediately afterwards. Pay special attention to the 6th goal.

11 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

After 3 games :D

England haven't played yet 

Nah I went through the team lists and there's no-one who really stands out as "how the hell did he get a call up?".

Just now, Weezer said:

Seaman was good tbf. Not much since then though.

Liked to chuck one in, between Hollywood saves. Never rated him. Only capped so much because other English keepers were complete garbage.

2 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH women's football COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH 

Yeah. Women's football seems to be going through the same phase that male football does when the players are 13 years old, i.e. the enthusiastic but overweight kid with no actual ability gets thrown between the sticks.

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

All them United fans with their Karius comments...........suddenly quiet as a mouse :D

Yep, this World Cup group stage draw felt exactly like watching our keeper literally throw our chances of winning the Champions League away. We're all in mourning :(

Il 15/6/2018 in 17:42 , Ackter ha scritto:

Nah I went through the team lists and there's no-one who really stands out as "how the hell did he get a call up?".

Well, Argentina's trio is hardly awe-inspiring...

Caballero is a backup at club level and for very good reasons. The other two guys, well, who are they again?

On 17/06/2018 at 12:48, RBKalle said:

Well, Argentina's trio is hardly awe-inspiring...

Caballero is a backup at club level and for very good reasons. The other two guys, well, who are they again?

Two dudes in their 30s, so not even like they've gone "**** it" and given a young up and coming keeper some vital experience as 3rd choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived