Experiences with the realism of job offers/applications in this version

Hello all,

I expect this will have been a regularly occuring topic, but I've been away from the FM mobile scene for a while and I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions on the above subject.

I always remember my previous experiences in terms of the job application/headhunting process as pretty good - but after a break from the game over the last year or so, I've come into FMM18 finding it a bit lacking.

I picked up Cheltenham and took them into the Championship in consecutive seasons - winning one league title and being a runner-up in the process.  Since being in the Championship I have finished 8th and 6th (losing my first round of the playoffs) and having a reasonable cup form (knocking out some big teams each season and most recently being runner-ups in the league cup).

I have a really good transfer record (both in bringing in good players and staying well within budgets/making profit) and my reputation has recently gone up to 'Regional'.

I know that record hardly sets the world alight, but I would have thought it would have been more than enough to secure another job elsewhere - at the very least at a League 1 or maybe another Championship side.  The experience of being approached by a club would have nice appeal, but my main issue currently is if I look to apply for another role (either while at the club or after quitting) I get no interest except from clubs in the Vanarama (National and N/S).  And that feels somewhat unrealistic and not overly reflective of how the sport plays out in real life (I know it's only a game, but still...)

It's not completely hampering my enjoyment of the game yet, but I do feel somewhat trapped and unable to progress beyond my current club.  I was wondering whether this reflects people's general experience of this aspect of the game, or whether I'm missing something/doing something wrong.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

This issue has been discussed at length. It is a problem. It needs to be fixed.

The managerial reputation system isn't dynamic enough. Firstly, it doesn't recognise the variety of managerial achievements that makes a manager sought after. Secondly, it is slow to promote you through the various reputation stages i.e. Obscure, Unknown, Regional, National, Continental, World Class. Thirdly, the AI doesn't headhunt you as often as it should. I've also seen examples of losing out to managerial vacancies to managers with lower reputations than mine.

FMM18 has depressed me. It has plenty of problems and the developers have been reluctant to fix them. I might give FMM19 a miss.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/06/2018 at 11:03, Lillywhite Dean said:

This issue has been discussed at length. It is a problem. It needs to be fixed.

The managerial reputation system isn't dynamic enough. Firstly, it doesn't recognise the variety of managerial achievements that makes a manager sought after. Secondly, it is slow to promote you through the various reputation stages i.e. Obscure, Unknown, Regional, National, Continental, World Class. Thirdly, the AI doesn't headhunt you as often as it should. I've also seen examples of losing out to managerial vacancies to managers with lower reputations than mine.

FMM18 has depressed me. It has plenty of problems and the developers have been reluctant to fix them. I might give FMM19 a miss.

You're saying the right things 😂 It's brainwashed idiots like me who will buy the game no matter what who are stopping them making more improvements. 

Sorry Miles you didn't see that, if I'm not satisfied I will be boycotting the series for at least the next ten years... 

13 hours ago, fish18ish said:

You're saying the right things 😂 It's brainwashed idiots like me who will buy the game no matter what who are stopping them making more improvements. 

Sorry Miles you didn't see that, if I'm not satisfied I will be boycotting the series for at least the next ten years... 

I don't think it's a problem with people constantly buying the game, I think that can only help. I just think this small team is stretched and cannot spend time making these changes as if they do nothing else would be done so they wouldn't have the USP needed to sell to the casual players.

Archived