Large savefiles

I am currently in my 29th season with FM17 and I have a bad habbit of saving every single season with different saves, means I have all the 29 saves in the save folder bcz the game does not let us see the old games in a single save, But it is taking huge chunk of space, I have a option to compress in the advanced folder properties which I think compresses the total folder and all the files by a slight amount, I want to know if the there is any chance of the save files getting corrupted after I compress everything? The saves are huge and I want to get rid of this but of course I dont want to loose all of my saves. 

Thanks in advance

Means I cant compress it further, I tried with 7zip, winrar etc, nothing changes the size, I remember back in the fifa days I compressed 500+ mb files into crazy 3 mb with 7zip, I tried here too, but that barely changes by 1-2 mb

Another option, instead of further compression, is to store the old savefiles in external storage, either a harddisk, a USB drive, or cloud. Google Drive is a good option with 15gb at least for free. You could, in theory, create a specific account just for your saves :brock:

33 minutes ago, a.panda said:

Another option, instead of further compression, is to store the old savefiles in external storage, either a harddisk, a USB drive, or cloud. Google Drive is a good option with 15gb at least for free. You could, in theory, create a specific account just for your saves :brock:

Great idea, I never used google drive but yeah I do have 4 accounts, so its the perfect time to use. Thanks by the way, but one minus point is that I again have to download those if I want to use. 😂

4 hours ago, Sourav B said:

Great idea, I never used google drive but yeah I do have 4 accounts, so its the perfect time to use. Thanks by the way, but one minus point is that I again have to download those if I want to use. 😂

I guess if you were to play "normally" you wouldn't need a save from, say, 2023 *that* often :lol:

Out of interest, how many players are in your latest save and what's the file size?

On 15/06/2018 at 19:10, a.panda said:

I guess if you were to play "normally" you wouldn't need a save from, say, 2023 *that* often :lol:

Out of interest, how many players are in your latest save and what's the file size?

I have currently 71,886 players, 32,470 staffs including 2 from myself as I am doing in my reserve club too as Spanish 'B' teams r complicated and their headcoach doesnt listen to me, 448183 officials, 34,383 stadiums, with save size as 322.7 mb. Its a huge kickass save, and if include all the saves it was around 7.5 gb or more.

By the way what did u mean by play 'nromally' ?

4 hours ago, Sourav B said:

I have currently 71,886 players, 32,470 staffs including 2 from myself as I am doing in my reserve club too as Spanish 'B' teams r complicated and their headcoach doesnt listen to me, 448183 officials, 34,383 stadiums, with save size as 322.7 mb. Its a huge kickass save, and if include all the saves it was around 7.5 gb or more.

Presumably means that if you're just progressing through your save in a linear fashion then you wouldn't really care about having immediate access to previous saves.

3 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Presumably means that if you're just progressing through your save in a linear fashion then you wouldn't really care about having immediate access to previous saves.

I actually like to see the stats a lot

5 hours ago, Sourav B said:

Save size isn't as huge as I would imagine, I thought it would reach Gb-level after 29 seasons!

Yes "normally" as described by @forameuss, but everyone plays one's game differently so if you do need to check the stats very often I'd suggest getting a e.g. 32gb USB drive off Amazon. Given most computers now have USB 3.0 ports I guess it won't be a long wait to load saves from there

On 18/06/2018 at 14:45, a.panda said:

Save size isn't as huge as I would imagine, I thought it would reach Gb-level after 29 seasons!

Yes "normally" as described by @forameuss, but everyone plays one's game differently so if you do need to check the stats very often I'd suggest getting a e.g. 32gb USB drive off Amazon. Given most computers now have USB 3.0 ports I guess it won't be a long wait to load saves from there

Naahh I think G drive is a good idea.

4 hours ago, Kenco said:

Do you really need all 29 files?

No just as I said I love football stats and in football manager after a player retires rather than jst his appearance and goals(even for gks) nothing is shown thats y I love to see the previous players, how they did and how current players r doing and also previous replays.

Archived