Sports Interactive Community

Hi all.

Im quite new to the game, so i check the forums and stubbled across this.

Seems like an amazing idea, so ive download it, watch the tutorial many times, copyied it click for click, yet i still cannot get it to work.

I keep receving the same "FMRTE has encountered a problem and needs to close" message.

Can anyone help me? much appriated,

:)

Edit: Sorry, I forgot To download The Framework. Will try again :)

I was messing around with FMRTE and decided to give my local non-league club (Julian Dicks' Wivenhoe Town) a cash injection, change of kit and 'heal' for the team (though on reflection, I don't think there were any players to actually heal).

The moment I returned to FM2009 it crashed. I wasn't able to save the game, nor can I reload it. Luckily I save a back-up copy every week so apart from a disappointing draw against Everton and some contract renewals no serious damage has been done.

Has anyone else had this? Was it my attempts to heal a team with no players in it or is there another reason?

Alright, this is doing my head in.

I tried to give my player a new position, but after a few days he just loses it again?

With the player your trying to change did you or have retrained the player in the actual game?

I found that with a player that I tried to retrain in the game, the above as you descibed would happen to that player. But it never happened with a player that I never retrained in game.

If this is the problem I have no solution but just to be aware and for other users to be aware.

With the player your trying to change did you or have retrained the player in the actual game?

I found that with a player that I tried to retrain in the game, the above as you descibed would happen to that player. But it never happened with a player that I never retrained in game.

If this is the problem I have no solution but just to be aware and for other users to be aware.

You're right, I have in fact been retraining him for the past few years, so this could be the case.

However, after some testing I found it possible but very difficult - around one for every ten I tried - to change a player's position via FMRTE after doing it through the game.

At the moment, though, it seems totally random.

I'm thinking there must be some requirement(s) I have to fulfill in order for it to be successful. I just don't know what.

Anyone with any ideas? Or perhaps prior experience?

Can anybody confirm that Club Morale is working properly as I can't recall seeing its value change at all. I'm currently Rangers and I haven't seen it move all season.

In FM08 you'd notice its value fluctuating via FMM.

Cheers

And humbao, in the game you can try and persuade players out of retirement and also persuade them to be a coach/manager etc.

thank you for the reply. yes i do try to persuade but they don't all seem to follow. i hence wonder if it is possible to just remove the decision to retire altogether with just once click. :)

Use lnc file.

Create a text file in <b>[your database folder]\lnc</b> folder

(If you're using the default 9.2.0 database, this folder would be 'C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-920\db\920\lnc')

Then copy following text to it and save.

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 1301396 "UEFA Europa League" "english"

"COMP_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 1301396 "Europa League" "english"

Last, relaunch FM09 or load your save file.

I was using an edited Inc file that changed all the compitition names etc.

When trying to change the UEFA Cup to the UEFA Europa League I didn't change enough of the entries for it to work. It now works also on the save game.

So when it comes to season 2 and the compition format changes I'll change the name as well.

It's a pity I cannot find a UEFA Europa League logo that somebody has created?

thank you for the reply. yes i do try to persuade but they don't all seem to follow. i hence wonder if it is possible to just remove the decision to retire altogether with just once click. :)

Yeah that would be handy which possibly could be done but then it may ruin the game if you could keep postponing retirements. You could have ancient players. :D

I was using an edited Inc file that changed all the compitition names etc.

When trying to change the UEFA Cup to the UEFA Europa League I didn't change enough of the entries for it to work. It now works also on the save game.

So when it comes to season 2 and the compition format changes I'll change the name as well.

It's a pity I cannot find a UEFA Europa League logo that somebody has created?

I'll create the logo so you can put it in FM if you want. :)

Yeah that would be handy which possibly could be done but then it may ruin the game if you could keep postponing retirements. You could have ancient players. :D

I'll create the logo so you can put it in FM if you want. :)

Thank you ever so much.

I really not bothered in what style you do it in. I think I'm using the E2G ones from FM08 as I had the full set.

I'll just just change it to the same as the UEFA Cup one which is in 180x180 and it's ID is 1301396.

Like I've thanks again for the offer and any style you choose. :thup:

Thank you ever so much.

I really not bothered in what style you do it in. I think I'm using the E2G ones from FM08 as I had the full set.

I'll just just change it to the same as the UEFA Cup one which is in 180x180 and it's ID is 1301396.

Like I've thanks again for the offer and any style you choose. :thup:

Ok, I probably won't be doing it tonight but I will most likely give it a go tomorrow. :thup:

Ok, I probably won't be doing it tonight but I will most likely give it a go tomorrow. :thup:

I appreciate it. Any time no rush. :)

I appreciate it. Any time no rush. :)

No problem. Glad to be of service. :D

Lods up for me but can't find anything. :(

hey guys, i'm having a little problem. How can I edit myself in fm09? tried using fmrte but for some reason i simply not able to find myself. Same is for some players (del piero, de ceglie...).. i'm typing their last names in the search window but the result is nothing. I have both fm09 running with loaded game of course, and fmrte.

using fmrte v2.0 & 9.1.0. patch

hey guys, i'm having a little problem. How can I edit myself in fm09? tried using fmrte but for some reason i simply not able to find myself. Same is for some players (del piero, de ceglie...).. i'm typing their last names in the search window but the result is nothing. I have both fm09 running with loaded game of course, and fmrte.

using fmrte v2.0 & 9.1.0. patch

You should definitely be able to edit yourself. This my sound stupid but are you sure you are typing the right thing into search.

Did you go to your club? Can you access yourself from there?

I have the same problem as $amaD, but it's not restricted to me. I can't edit or search for ANY manager in the game.

I have the same problem as $amaD, but it's not restricted to me. I can't edit or search for ANY manager in the game.

You have the latest version of both the game and FMRTE?

You should definitely be able to edit yourself. This my sound stupid but are you sure you are typing the right thing into search.

Did you go to your club? Can you access yourself from there?

100% sure.. can not find myself from the club as well.. I can find any other managers.

using v. 2.0

100% sure.. can not find myself from the club as well.. I can find any other managers.

using v. 2.0

If you go to the club screen, does it not list you as manager?

If you go to the club screen, does it not list you as manager?

no :confused:

$amaD, I can't remember if it should to be honest. Have you tried searching using unique id's?

Nope says game loaded, every time I search for something it doesn't find anything, and the Current Screen button brings up nothing. Is there a more up to date version than the one in the first post somewhere else in the thread?

No, the one in the first post is up to date. You tried searching with unique id's?

You have the latest version of both the game and FMRTE?

Yep. 9.2, and 2.0.0227. Ever since I updated to 9.2, I haven't been able to edit me or any other manager. Everything else works perfectly fine.

I'm using WWSM, but I can't see that it makes a difference.

That may make a difference but I am not sure as before on FM08 some people could not get these editors to work at all on WWSM.

Is it just you can't edit it, TorBliz, or can't search for them?

Yep. 9.2, and 2.0.0227. Ever since I updated to 9.2, I haven't been able to edit me or any other manager. Everything else works perfectly fine.

I'm using WWSM, but I can't see that it makes a difference.

I had the problem that they wouldn't show up if I did a search. I had to go to my team then click on "staff" to find them, but I was able to edit them if I wanted after that.

No manager shows up in search screen, staff screen, or current screen. When I click current screen, it just clicks away. Nothing happens. Weird that it only affects managers, and only after updating to 9.2.

Apologies if this has been previously mentioned, but anyone else unable to amend stats relating to their own club and staff? I get a 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' error every time.

Only part of my manager profile shows up. Other managers appear 'in full'. I wonder if its related? FM9.20. Decided to go with FM rather than WWSM this year, largely because of the add-ons.

Hi Ruci. First of all I want to thank you for this great tool. And second, I want to ask if it's possible to include in your next version future transfers editing, cause I signed a very promising player but he can't move till he turns 18. So are there any chances to change the date of his future transfer.

PS - Sorry for my English.

I'm running Vista, 9.2 patch and the latest version of FMRTE with the MS net framework 3.5 but whenever I lick load I get the "FMRTE has topped working" message - any ideas guys?

got it working finally :) now I can find myself in the game and edit my profile. Downloaded last available version of fmrte and everything works excellent now. Thanks guys.

RUCI, you're truly LEGEND!!! Let me know if u planning to visit Toronto :) beer and dinner are on me :) cheers

got it working finally :) now I can find myself in the game and edit my profile. Downloaded last available version of fmrte and everything works excellent now. Thanks guys.

RUCI, you're truly LEGEND!!! Let me know if u planning to visit Toronto :) beer and dinner are on me :) cheers

on his website you can donate,

it does, i am running WWSM and 9.02. i had to upgrade to the windows net thing.

Though i am running into a few problems. such as i cant find myself as a manager, and i cant find the board chairman. Otherwise its an awesome tool.

Downloaded the 2.0 .NET Framework, when installing it, it says the OS has it already installed. so downloaded and installing the Framework 3.5 SP1, after nearly installin it, it comes up with an error stating 'error occured during setup'

any ideas what i can do guys?

I'm running Vista, 9.2 patch and the latest version of FMRTE with the MS net framework 3.5 but whenever I lick load I get the "FMRTE has topped working" message - any ideas guys?

I had this too. You have to run the progamme as an adminastrator. Right click on the .exe, click properties then check the run as administator box. This worked for me.

Will it work with FM08 too?

No.

If not, can anyone tell me where can i get it?

For FM08 maybe you should try FMM as I believe it's more complete than the FMRTE 08 version.

Hi

i change the name of a player and when i close the game and open again, the last name of the player is diferent??

what can i do?

thanks a lot

Ive got updated game and network thingy but it wont search any players at all, nothing!! any ideas???? ta

i change the name of a player and when i close the game and open again, the last name of the player is diferent??

Everytime you reload the game, afterwards you also need to press FMRTE's "Load Game" button. Otherwise it will be looking at the wrong places and will not work properly.

Ive got updated game and network thingy but it wont search any players at all, nothing!! any ideas???? ta

FMRTE's search functions are not very robust. What this means is that, unless you try to reduce the scope of your search, those functions might take a very long time to run or, seemingly, not run at all. Example: if searching for good players, narrow the search as much as possible so that the number of players returned is not too big and thus doesn't include the not so good players.