Sports Interactive Community
saihtam

First impression of the app

Posted (edited)

Hello

First thing, don't have IOS so haven't had hands on testing with it.  Have only read about it and some videos.

My first hope is that there was different department and development for FM19 wont be affected by this. Cant see any demand or need it brings at current state.

I see the appeal to quick search players during games or off hours from football manager. But I did not notice that the app would be anyhow connected to our own game. That would be the all purpose of this app for me. See a game, like the player, search from app, add to scout or shortlist. Then when i hit the game up I can see him fast. Not to remember searching him up later.

Next problem is taking out all the fun of Football Manager. If using this app I find a player I am interested, why on first tab show me their CA and PA? You dont show it in the game, why show it in the app? Addition to that is the confusing CA and PA system, why to change something  that is so long been in the game.

If I get my hands on it, I might see it more useful, but currenlty I see it a bit of wasteful resource using from SI. It is option to make quick buck with ads and purchases. Just loaded DB to phone and show it confusingly.
Buuut, if they have some plans and will improve and make it truly connected to users personal saves. Even saving somehow to shortlist that u can load up to your game, then there might be some kind of use.

Edited by saihtam

Thanks for the feedback and some good, valid points.

The app is not just aimed at FM fans, it's aimed at a much wider group of football fans who want to lookup player information. It has it's own, small, development team not involved in the main game development. 

I can see that it aims at a far wider audience than FM. I can see myself wanting to use it for next season's fantasy football, for example. The FM database has been used in real-world football for years now, so I can see this is a logical step. Best of luck with it!

Posted (edited)

It's a interesting app but It don't look good on a ipad, it's ugly. 

We can't search a nation and follow it.  We only can search by players names, not by the position (ex: searching a 22-25 yo winger UE player), so I think it's only usefull while watching a game and wonder who is this Zimbabwean player i never heard of. 

If it's from FM db, i guess the players stats (goals, assists, etc) will only show up after next year, not daily. I can't search : right winger, from 1st bolivian division and it show me them with their stats.

It's actually very FM aimed.

But it's very new , i'm sure it's gonna improve but maybe not in the direction i want.

Edited by CaptainBanana

I would like to be see the in game filter be applicable i.e. search by particular attributes,positions,roles etc.

It would be handy to scout/do nothing in work.

On 19/06/2018 at 14:46, TheGrahamF said:

I would like to be see the in game filter be applicable i.e. search by particular attributes,positions,roles etc.

It would be handy to scout/do nothing in work.

This is something that has been suggested a few times in the FMdb Feedback section and it is something we are reviewing and may be included in future updates.

On 17/06/2018 at 05:19, henda666 said:

it is better if  have photos

Player photos are something that we may add to future updates, obviously this will only be for players we have the licenses for.

Posted (edited)

Not a bad little app, iOS iPhone 6. Free trial. 

Can see some use for it for quick info on players and I like the trending and major events sections. Especially useful to find information on players when watching a live game on TV etc. 

One thing I wish was an option would be the ability to hide the potential ability. I personally don’t wish to see this information as I prefer to play FM in a realistic way. 

Also I run with attribute masking on when playing FM so again couldn’t use this app as a scouting aid without cheating my game which I’d rather not do. 

That being said I can see the benefit of the app for a guide on real world players and for those that want to know PA and attributes for FM.

Personally although I like it, I don’t think it’s for me beyond the free trial period with it’s current functionality, also I found the ad version was very intrusive so I will probably uninstall when my trial runs out. 

Best of luck with it though. 

Edited by BigRedMart

2 hours ago, Matteo3champions said:

What about adding managers?

Adding managers and some significant coaches is something we may be look into in the future, however at the moment we are just focusing on the players in the db.

41 minutes ago, Matteo3champions said:

I’ve seen that you have put some japanese team (vissel, verdy...) something will change about J-league licence?

No change to the J-League licence these teams are not supposed to be in the app, it is something we are aware of and are looking into.

I like the idea but graphically has to be improved a lot (I am using iphone 6). As others said I would like to hide the PA and in future would be really nice be able to comment on players/teams page as on sofifa or futhead etc.

Il 20/6/2018 in 22:19 , Luke Rumble ha scritto:

FMdb Feedback section

No idea where it's.
Btw I would like to have the possibility to compare 2 players and to build custom teams (seeing the avg stats of the starting 11 as happens of futhead, futbin etc).

Il 27/6/2018 in 13:02 , Luke Rumble ha scritto:

@Matteo3champions Those J-League teams should now have been removed from the app.

So sad about that...but what is the motivation because brazilian teams have fake Names but real players, and japanese teams have fake names and greyed players?