Sports Interactive Community
Ron Wandle

What's your manager name?

Very creative answers here, make me think!

I always use my name and same profile, as I try to benchmark myself. (Whenever my Leaderboard is available).

But I might take the more creative route next time...

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Are you trying to sell us something?

I believe we've got a spammer in our midst. He's posting crap like this in most threads...

On 12/06/2018 at 04:49, Ron Wandle said:

I use my own date of birth, height and so on. I used to add ten years to my age, to make it feel more realistic, but I don't need to do that any more. I even used the upload your own photo feature this year. Essentially "Ron Wandle" is me, or my footballing alter-ego.

I always used to do that with my age...then all of a sudden I was old enough at 32 that it was in the realms of being realistic given a few of the young managers out there these days. I noted three major conclusions here:

1) My potential career as a world class player, at 32, was likely not going to happen. 

2) I've played a lot of FM over the years, roughly 5000-7500 hours at a calculated estimate.

3) This may have impacted my potential as a footballer, or functioning citizen of the real world.

I use my real name but I used to have an alter ego called Helmut Polischer when I managed St Pauli

Ever since a lass at work wanted to call me a gorilla and didnt have the english vocabulary for it ive been Bigmonkey in any gaming world

I change my name depending on country, it generally has some relation to my real name or initials, or is a play on the team I manage...

For example if im Scotland im always Ally McParr

England, generally is Al English

Brazil is Brasili Al

Portugal... Aose Pourinho

You get the gist of it... currently im called Sal Ford, no guesses on who im managing :D