Sports Interactive Community

Hi

I have been experiencing crashes to desktop during matches. I have been trying to work out if there is a pattern to it but there doesn't seem to be.

I will try and give as much detail as I can but if you need more just say.

I can sometimes play for hours with no crashes and sometimes I can have a couple back to back. Which is irritating me as win, lose draw I hate wasting time playing the same match over again.

I have 9 leagues and a large database.

The crash displays no message and it isn't creating a crash dump. It just freezes and its like the screens flash and the game closes.

Graphics drivers are all up to date and apart from the crashes have no issues with the game. Runs fast etc.

Have attached a dxdiag file.

Thanks,

DxDiag.txt

I have the same crash. As Smudge has said there is no pattern to the crash it does seem to be random, I get a freeze for ten seconds then it just crashes directly to the desktop with no crash dump error.

I have tried all the known fixes as in deleting cache, deleting preferences and reverify cache, I have removed all my added graphics and used different graphics drivers and it still crashes and turned off my Kaspersky security.

I have also tried different database sizes and it just has the same crash no matter the size of the database used.

I will attach a DxDiag file too.

DxDiag .txt

Just like to add because i forgot. I have no add ins like graphics etc installed. I have also checked antivirus but again doesn't seem to be related to this.

12 hours ago, The Smudge said:

Just like to add because i forgot. I have no add ins like graphics etc installed. I have also checked antivirus but again doesn't seem to be related to this.

What graphics quality are you running the game in? You can see this via your in-game preferences. Have you tried lowering it (say from Very High/High to Medium/Low) to see if that lowers the frequency of crashes?

Let us know, thanks. 

On 10/06/2018 at 11:15, Milky said:

I have the same crash. As Smudge has said there is no pattern to the crash it does seem to be random, I get a freeze for ten seconds then it just crashes directly to the desktop with no crash dump error.

I have tried all the known fixes as in deleting cache, deleting preferences and reverify cache, I have removed all my added graphics and used different graphics drivers and it still crashes and turned off my Kaspersky security.

I have also tried different database sizes and it just has the same crash no matter the size of the database used.

I will attach a DxDiag file too. 

DxDiag .txt

Would be worth you trying the same as I've just suggested to The Smudge - try lowering the graphics quality for the game and see if it makes any difference. 

If you find you're still having issues, please come back and create your own thread letting us know. 

Thanks. 

10 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

What graphics quality are you running the game in? You can see this via your in-game preferences. Have you tried lowering it (say from Very High/High to Medium/Low) to see if that lowers the frequency of crashes?

Let us know, thanks. 

Hi. I was only running the game in high graphics as opposed to very high. Game gives graphics for the PC 5 stars so guess that means I should have been able to run it very high?

Will try running it in low next time I play and see if it as any baring on crashes.

I am having the same issues on  high end PC. Playing on the latest patch, i leave my PC to get a drink and when I come back it's my desktop.

Usually happens at HT / FT

8 hours ago, clemo said:

I am having the same issues on  high end PC. Playing on the latest patch, i leave my PC to get a drink and when I come back it's my desktop.

Usually happens at HT / FT

Again what graphics quality are you playing the game in? If you lower it (say from Very High or High to Medium) and let us know how you get on? 

Thanks. 

Just a quick update on my situation. I had the graphics setting to very high and changed the setting to high and had two crashes in less than an hour. I then changed the rendering and crowds to medium and have managed to get four hours plus with no crashes. 

Since release, I had played over 700 hours with only a couple of crash dumps, I took a month break from the game and it has only started to crash like this since I started playing again at the beginning of June. I'm beginning to think this is something to do with Nvidia's drivers.

Yeah unfortunately there's been a few examples raised on the forums related to high-end Nvidia drivers so for the time-being we suggest lowering the graphics quality until the issue can be resolved. 

21 hours ago, berridgeswfc said:

I can echo what's been said on the above, only started happening recently but its happened 4 times this week

Okay can you try the above in regards to lowering your graphics settings and seeing if it makes any difference? If you find you're still having issues please create your own thread and we'll investigate further.

We ask all users create their own threads for technical support issues as that way we can be sure there's no miscommunication or confusion. Thanks.