Sports Interactive Community
CFuller

World Cup Fantasy Football

Just now, Pukey said:

Site is so bad :(

What issues are you having?

Creating an account took ages, the email to get the verification code took absolutely forever, so I though I hadn't clicked so clicked it again, then got them all at once about 10 minutes later.

The presentation is horrific, on the FPL one you can see a fair few players on the right hand side when you search by whatever, and can see every player when searching by a team. Here, you click a team, it shows just the goalkeeper and defenders if you're lucky. Click "view more" and it just shows defenders again. There's the world's tiniest scroll bar to the side of this so you can see all the players, but it's an absolute pain having to scroll back and forth.

Tbf I think the main issue is I'm burnt out and can't really be arsed, but the site isn't good imo and doesn't entice me to want to play it. I felt the same in 2014 and ended up not playing then either.

That is absolutely fair enough. I too found the UI to be a bit clunky, in fairness.

I'm in. Gone for a Messi-Ronaldo-Griezmann front line in a 3-4-3, and choosing the cheapest subs possible.

Posted (edited)

Annoying! Picked my team... now it wont let me save it because the drop down list for 'select country' isn't working. Terrible site! Will have to try again via mobile later.

Firefox let me pick team but then wouldn't move on from the login screen

Done team on phone - can you put your league code in the post please? The link is for creating a new team or having to log in again which I can't do on desktop :D 

Edited by westy8chimp

I'm in. My main difficulty was choosing a team to support. 

Of course it's been a while since Scotland have been at a World Cup, but I have plenty of backup teams; Wales, Either of the Irelands, China, USA, Chile. 

Of course, I am still supporting 31 of the teams that have qualified. There just wasn't that option on the nation select drop down.

No wonder I haven't been paying much attention to the World Cup build up.

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

I'm in. My main difficulty was choosing a team to support. 

Of course it's been a while since Scotland have been at a World Cup, but I have plenty of backup teams; Wales, Either of the Irelands, China, USA, Chile. 

Of course, I am still supporting 31 of the teams that have qualified. There just wasn't that option on the nation select drop down.

No wonder I haven't been paying much attention to the World Cup build up.

You really don't want Argentina to win that badly that you'll support 31 other nations?

26 have entered the fantasy league so far. :thup:

Anyone else having problems logging into the FIFA Predictor site right now?

Bottlers joining in.

Completely forgot about this so I didn't have time to work everything out. :D

Seen as though their How to Play is just blank, can I swap Captain every day? 

I think you can only have one player score double points per round. If I'm right, then taking the captaincy from a player who's already featured will lose you the extra points from that player. Feel free to correct me if and when the rules are put back up.

As far as I know, you can move your captaincy around and make substitutes as you please, but you can't sub on or captain a player who has already played in that round.

7 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Seen as though their How to Play is just blank, can I swap Captain every day? 

It's only just stopped working. I didn't think you'd be able to swap captain during a round but it appears you can!

ah I get it, the site is a bit ****, pressing manage your team takes you to Round 2, makes it seem like you can just swap Captain around mid round 

EDIT: but then click round 1 lets you change captain, so **** knows :D

Don't know whether to risk putting B.Silva as my captain tonight

2 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

ah I get it, the site is a bit ****, pressing manage your team takes you to Round 2, makes it seem like you can just swap Captain around mid round 

Nah, if you click back to round 1, you can still change captain.

Worst site in the world, remember having same frustrations on their Euro fantasy.

On IE I couldn't pick a supported country on drop down so couldn't progress to save my team - 30 mins down the drain

On Firefox I couldn't get past 'pick a captain' and then the login screen kept sending me in a loop - 30 mins down the drain

Made team on my phone and saved it - now when I log into my account it seems it didn't save, presumably because I didn't join a league? Or the UI is just terrible and when I click 'view round 1 score' it just takes me to the create a team screen - 30 mins down the drain :D 

Just now, westy8chimp said:

Worst site in the world, remember having same frustrations on their Euro fantasy.

On IE I couldn't pick a supported country on drop down so couldn't progress to save my team - 30 mins down the drain

On Firefox I couldn't get past 'pick a captain' and then the login screen kept sending me in a loop - 30 mins down the drain

Made team on my phone and saved it - now when I log into my account it seems it didn't save, presumably because I didn't join a league? Or the UI is just terrible and when I click 'view round 1 score' it just takes me to the create a team screen - 30 mins down the drain :D 

The Euro's one was a mess, but a different site IIRC?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

The Euro's one was a mess, but a different site IIRC?

not sure... I remember all the gawdy Mcdonalds ads everywhere, maybe it was last world cup and the Euros one was Metro? Both terrible... why they can't copy the fantasy premier league layout and points scoring system is beyond me.

Metro you could basically make free transfers up to kick off for any game (rather than it being done by gw or round) so you basically had to be available to update your team before every single match. And the points was based on all kinds of nonsense, dribbles, touches in certain areas, completed passes etc.

e: basically not sure why I started typing like an illiterate teenage girl.

Edited by westy8chimp

I've just switched Beiranvand into my team as captain. If Iran keep a clean sheet, great. If not, I can always throw Pickford back in goal and give the captaincy to someone else.

That's one of the things I really do love about World Cup fantasy.

Posted (edited)

By the way, FIFA's World Cup Predictor site is a joke.

For some matches, you only have an hour beforehand to predict who'll be the first scorer. I've spent half an hour trying to log into the site on different browsers, and each time, I get a different error.

Google Chrome - Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

Microsoft Edge - Failed to read.

Safari (on iPad) - The string did not match the expected pattern.

How am I supposed to play this game? :mad:

Edited by CFuller

6 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

Works well in Chrome on laptop and tablet and no issues with the app on the phone. And at the last WC it worked well in firefox on my desktop and that game looks just the same.

6 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

Considering that UEFA has a different game/site I'm assuming the issues are on your end.  :brock:

Had Ronaldo-Lozano for almost a week and switched to Neymar-Guerrero last minute :(

I thought about this and as my brother isn't doing a team for his work for money, I decided to not do one for myself either, have the summer off, not hanging on injury news and stressing out :D

See you all for the Premier League fantasy league again :p

Final standings:

C5F3CA5A-5BDA-4214-8B90-397484240737.thumb.jpeg.006a43decb71c7b0c91b1a9e3e2f53d4.jpeg

To whom shall I give the congratulations?

Posted (edited)

I'm happy enough with 3rd, always better at the tournament ones than PL. Won our work one too :D

Edited by m_fenton

I had a good finish. Taking out Cavani & Mbappe for Costa & Lukaku before the last 16 easily the worst move of the tournament.

Also, the FIFA Predictor League that @Mr Wallin kindly created for us ended as follows:

5D0EB218-B592-49BD-A445-F96BC280E464.thumb.jpeg.eb2933712c8db570f9702a36a78f9bdc.jpeg

Well... this is a little awkward...

13 hours ago, CFuller said:

Also, the FIFA Predictor League that @Mr Wallin kindly created for us ended as follows:

5D0EB218-B592-49BD-A445-F96BC280E464.thumb.jpeg.eb2933712c8db570f9702a36a78f9bdc.jpeg

Well... this is a little awkward...

Ooohhh...embarrassing, get Inside Paper manager of the month and pull a stupid face ;)

2nd :cool:

My 92 point week where Captain Kane and Stones scored mega set me up for the rest of the tournament