Saving Football: Frauding A Nation

Deisler26

2022/23 End of Season Review

4bbebd11020e1718931b7bbf41c1d7c6.png

0ea1041358ee397b69e72064358b90d6.png

72d3a5c66263c3bc8073d0d922fdb4f2.png

We REALLY ballsed that one up.

7db5239941cde30d6fdba49770e2de28.png8661c2c26aa5e6ec89eb130834bde8cd.pngd59f414ab333fa1e1210586f1a8532b9.png

4d2141fe63dc1e5d2ea737537eb13c64.png

6aeea781e6a7228dbe3d559bf91a9c3e.png

Overall Best XI

6cff84f64af478b3c490555b447ac736.png

2022/23 Best XI

05d2c7d8e293b562ec19d3a4a55eee1d.png

Simon Carnus (YP2a)

André Chaumeton (ResA) - Jean-Luc Heyninck (YP5c) - Antoine Jacob (YP2b)

Elias Boucher                                                                                                              Louis Mayala (YP2i)

Loric Makengo (YP2c) - Florian Fiorucci (ResD)

Ibrahim Ekobo (YP5l) - Hugo Silvestri (YP2e) - Quention Gonzalez (YP6d)

3f226fee6ff238819f94078838c45774.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2023/24 Mid-Season Update

2bf4130569f44b26a58c5bad0e5cf994.png

400f629bc1ed7d64f699d1af6c5541b4.png

A great French Cup run saw us make it to the 10th Round and the money from that helped us upgrade our Junior Coaching again. We're top of the league again but it's very close and with it being 4 points for a win we really can't take anything for granted, especially after last seasons implosion.

FCSochaux1516logo.png

FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

2032 YOUTH INTAKE

2032 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

This is the point where I realised that my DoF was releasing players without my knowledge. All 3 of last season's top 'prospects' had been released and had found new clubs. One sacking later and that will never happen again. This intake isn't full of great prospects at first look, but they really do fill a need up front, so in that, I'm happy.

--------------------------------------------------

Key Prospects

Phillippe Brochard MRC/AMC

Nicholas Boateng AML/ST

Joao Paulo Corriera AMR/ST

Leo Legrand MLC/AMC

Benjamin Leger DM/M/AMC

How far will YOUR youth go: 2032?

Just how local are my intakes? We have top facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

• YP1: Phillippe Brochard was born in La Chappelle-sur-Erdre, France. 802km away from our club, right on the coast. He would have to have trekked literally the width of France to get to us, bypassing Stade Rennais, his local club and both Paris and Lyon to get to us. A sign that he's not good enough, maybe?
  • YP2: Nicholas Boateng was born in Dunkwa-On-Offin, GhanaWow. This guy came a monster 7,567km from the heart of Africa to the club! Welcome! This player, along with his youth teammate came the furthest to join our academy.
  • YP3: Joao Paulo Corriera  was born in Mulhouse, France. 'The French Manchester' is only 58km away from MTN Arena, making us his local Ligue 1 club. However, he was only 50-60kms away from both FC Basel in Switzerland and SC Freiburg in Germany., meaning we may have got the best of him
  • YP4: Leo Legrand was born in Valentigney, France. This place is just a MERE 8.4km from the stadium. Let's hope he can come through for us.
  • YP5: Benjamin Leger was born in Fontaine-les-Dijon, FranceJust over an hour and half's drive away at 172km, this player eschewed all the mustard he could eat, living in a suburb of Dijon, home of Dijon FCO, to join us. Let's hope we can keep him

We saw a large haul of African players in this intake. Two from the same town in Ghana! We also saw players from Senegal and Cote d'Ivoire join us, although neither came as far as the Ghanaian boys. 4 players came from within 20kms away, so we are still getting local boys in too.

18 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Intake, bloody crazy, Salinas would walk into my team but will be waiting most of a year.

I'd call him up for my Hungarian national team side, he's way better than my 2nd best DM. 

2023/24 End of Season Review

88ce2c5f52b4e39166106c2adf53898b.png

5820053310fcd26b1613992c23a86d50.png

Close but no cigar, our players are beginning to get better but another season in the 7th tier beckons.

abc05d9f3fc9578d017a0d7f69dea408.png0136d6bd05fb69d6db16990f0c9db4c0.png4775edc22f149e8033a414961e46f898.png

4032b9e5ef869634b8bf716e98902980.png

78f5338f534d2e7ec4777776af19b2dd.jpg

Overall Best XI

5491a9f63c6b54031c56b4c7c189a51b.png

2023/24 Best XI

e8821f6859dd4b9ff0d16addb39841cc.png

Simon Carnus (YP2a)

André Chaumeton (ResA) - Jean-Luc Heyninck (YP5c) - Antoine Jacob (YP2b)

Elias Boucher                                                                                                              Louis Mayala (YP2i)

Loric Makengo (YP2c) - Florian Fiorucci (ResD)

Ibrahim Ekobo (YP5l) - Hugo Silvestri (YP2e) - Quention Gonzalez (YP6d)

a0740fa56674171a1363ef08be168979.png

FCSochaux1516logo.png

FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

2031/32 Coupe de la Ligue Final

3 Apr 2032

1945hrs, Matmut Atlantique, Bordeaux

Paris Saint-Germain FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

It was a rematch of last season's Coupe de France Final when both teams walked out into the 60F night in Bordeaux. FC Sochaux, last finalists 30 years ago and winners of just one game in the last 14 against their opponents and Paris Saint-Germain, winners of 3 out of the last four Coupe de la Ligue titles. 

There were no injury worries on both Sochaux and PSG came into the game with fully healthy first XI's. And it nearly was a horrific start for Sochaux as within one minute, they conceded a penalty. However, the PSG striker cracked the ball against the post. Springing onto the counter attack was Leo Millet, who's ball from the centre-circle unleashed Jordan Prost and his perfectly timed run put him one-on-one with the keeper and he did not miss, stroking it beautifully past the PSG goalkeeper to put his team 1-0 up. PSG seemed shocked by that early goal, but their confidence soon grew and they were beginning to dictate the game on their terms. On 37 mins, a throw in on the right hand side found the PSG right back midway through the half. His long, lazy, looping ball evaded everyone as it curled towards the far post, only to fall at the feet of the PSG left winger who lashed it home to bring the scores level at 1-1.

The half time whistle came and went and PSG continued to have the upper hand. The left winger was substituted for a like-for-like replacement and he started to play havoc on the wings. It was his run and shot on 68 minutes that was well saved by Benoit Ferey, but he seized on the rebound and chipped the ball back across goal where the PSG attacking midfielder was arriving late to head the ball past Ferey to take the lead, 1-2. Sochaux, sensing that the game was falling from their grasp, went more attacking. It was the left winger who got free again down the left on 76 mins and his low cross was turned home by the PSG striker to make it 1-3.

A wild clearance on 86 minutes out of defence saw Jordan Prost pick up the ball on the halfway line, his run forward with the ball saw him lay it off to Adam Goulvin in the middle. He took two steps and knocked it into the path of the substitute full back Benjamin Caron. His deep cross was met emphatically by Jordan Prost who smashed it high into the net to make it 2-3 and give Sochaux a sliver of hope.

Sadly, with all such things, the hopes were dashed as their chief tormentor, the PSG attacking midfielder, scorer of 12 goals in 14 games against them, netted his second goal of the game on 93 minutes. Moving quickly on the break, the goal came after a delightful chipped through ball by the PSG central midfielder to round things off and see the game end 2-4.

FCSochaux1516logo.png

FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

2031/32 UEFA Europa League Final

19 May 2032

1945hrs, San Nicola, Bari

Manchester United 2 - FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

A warm, breezy Italian evening greeted the players walking out of the tunnel for a historic first Europa League Final for FC Sochaux. 

No injury for Sochaux meant that we lined up with our usual XI 

................................................Benoit Ferey

Thomas Belmir .... Ethan Lafitte.... Yohan Delhaye.... Pierre Robert

Rayane Gaulthier.... Joel Granger.... Andre Barcelos

Samir Abdou.... Jordan Prost.... Leo Millet

The game kicked off and immediately Man Utd went on the attack. We struggled to get out of our half for the first twenty minutes and we paid for that on 22 minutes. A low ball into the box fell to their England international striker and although his shot was blocked initially, he was on the spot to convert the resulting cross to make it 0-1 to United. We struggled to mount any kind of response, but on 27 minutes, a free-kick lofted hopefully into the box was mysteriously handled by a Man Utd defender. PENALTY! Up stepped Pierre Robert, to blast the spot-kick high into the top right-hand corner! 1-1

We were back level, but still struggling to carve out any great chances and on 35 minutes, a lightning-quick counter attack saw the ball bulleted in from close range by the Man Utd striker's head. 1-2. This goal seemed to wake us up however and with 44 mins gone. a short corner for us saw Abdou's cross cause absolute chaos in the opposition box. After the ball had rebounded off two defenders, it landed at the feet of Jordan Prost with his back to goal. He swivelled and curled a low shot into the far corner past the stranded keeper. 2-2!

Half time came and went and within 5 minutes of the restart, we were awarded a corner. As it was swirled into the back post, Yohan Delhaye crumpled to a heap on the floor. PENALTY! It was up to Pierre Robert again and he coolly stroked the ball home to make it 3-2. Pandemonium in the stands. This seemed to deflate Utd and they spent the rest of the match hitting shots from long range, although on 93 minutes, a fierce shot needed Ferey to be at his best to tip it over. Finally the whistle went and we had won the 2032 Europa League! 

FCSochaux1516logo.png

FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

2031/32 Season Review

What a season. We finished 3rd in Ligue 1 Conforama, but finished a whopping 23 points behind second placed Paris Saint-Germain. We also had our customary exit to Paris Saint-Germain in both cups, losing 2-4 after extra time in the Coupe de France Semi Final and a bad 2-4 defeat in which we were never at the races in the Coupe de la Ligue Final. This extended our horrible record against PSG to just 1 win in 17 matches... But one Final appearance in a season is good, two is much better. We made it through the UEFA Europa League Group Stage and then disposed of Torino F.C 1906, AFC Ajax Amsterdam, Valencia C.F in order before meeting a league rival in the Semi Final. Standing in our way was Olympique de Marseille and a stunning 6-1 win in the Second Leg saw us run out 9-3 winners on aggregate to meet Manchester United in the Final. And in a stunning upset, we brought home the cup from Italy. Jordan Prost ended up being voted the Europa League Player of the Tournament.

Final Table

Results: 1¦2¦Cup¦CdL¦UEL

Stats

Review

Awards

Commercial Summary

18 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

FCSochaux1516logo.png

FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

2031/32 UEFA Europa League Final

19 May 2032

1945hrs, San Nicola, Bari

Manchester United 2 - FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

A warm, breezy Italian evening greeted the players walking out of the tunnel for a historic first Europa League Final for FC Sochaux. 

No injury for Sochaux meant that we lined up with our usual XI 

................................................Benoit Ferey

Thomas Belmir .... Ethan Lafitte.... Yohan Delhaye.... Pierre Robert

Rayane Gaulthier.... Joel Granger.... Andre Barcelos

Samir Abdou.... Jordan Prost.... Leo Millet

The game kicked off and immediately Man Utd went on the attack. We struggled to get out of our half for the first twenty minutes and we paid for that on 22 minutes. A low ball into the box fell to their England international striker and although his shot was blocked initially, he was on the spot to convert the resulting cross to make it 0-1 to United. We struggled to mount any kind of response, but on 27 minutes, a free-kick lofted hopefully into the box was mysteriously handled by a Man Utd defender. PENALTY! Up stepped Pierre Robert, to blast the spot-kick high into the top right-hand corner! 1-1

We were back level, but still struggling to carve out any great chances and on 35 minutes, a lightning-quick counter attack saw the ball bulleted in from close range by the Man Utd striker's head. 1-2. This goal seemed to wake us up however and with 44 mins gone. a short corner for us saw Abdou's cross cause absolute chaos in the opposition box. After the ball had rebounded off two defenders, it landed at the feet of Jordan Prost with his back to goal. He swivelled and curled a low shot into the far corner past the stranded keeper. 2-2!

Half time came and went and within 5 minutes of the restart, we were awarded a corner. As it was swirled into the back post, Yohan Delhaye crumpled to a heap on the floor. PENALTY! It was up to Pierre Robert again and he coolly stroked the ball home to make it 3-2. Pandemonium in the stands. This seemed to deflate Utd and they spent the rest of the match hitting shots from long range, although on 93 minutes, a fierce shot needed Ferey to be at his best to tip it over. Finally the whistle went and we had won the 2032 Europa League! 

Related image

FCSochaux1516logo.png

FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

2032/33 UEFA Super Cup Final

10 August 2032

1945hrs, Teddy, Jeruselem

F.C Barcelona 2 - FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

The reward for a very unexpected Europa League win is a chance to dance with the big boys in the Super Cup. And they don't get much bigger than F.C Barcelona

Keeping the same team, we looked to out-work Barca and try to nick a goal.

There was just a tiny flaw in the plan. Centre back Yohan Delhaye. He TWICE gave the ball away in the first half, leading to goals that gave Barcelona a 0-2 lead at HT and him getting the hook with a 5.0 rating.

We fought back in the second, Joel Granger hitting the bar from 20 yards out, the Barcelona keeper earning himself a 7.4 rating for all the saves he made. 

But in the end, we couldn't find a way through, and found ourselves on the wrong end of a painful defeat.

Chauve's Travel Log

I'm in trouble. Deep trouble. J'ai fait une grosse erreur. I did something très stupide and I've probably lost everything. All because of some cheeky ****s I encountered on a night out.

I was leaving a night club when I heard them. They were two 20-something year old English lads, both leaning against the wall. I don't know how they recognised me or why the hell they would have any interest in the French fifth tier. But they did. And as soon as they saw me, they started hurling insults my way. Mainly to do with my managerial ability and there were some jibes out my time at Mulhouse which is still a sore point by the way. They used what little GCSE French they had to make sure I'd understand most of it. And English as well of course.

“C'est Chauve. Il est faible. Il est merde.”

“Looks like nothing came up Mulhouse, eh?”

“Tu es le pire. Tu es stupide.” 

And so on. Well I clobbered them as the Brits would say. Except way too much. I won't go into detail but I can tell you I was fairly swiftly arrested. I got sentenced recently. I'll be facing a couple of years at HMS Wakefield. My lawyer, Mr Zuckercorn, was of little help. A shame because I was told he was very good.

I've lost the Aubagne gig, too needless to say, despite us being too of the league. So much for gratitude. If I could manage the team from across the world, I could have done it from prison. Hopefully I find some way of updating my travel log from prison and letting you know how I'm doing. 

Au revoir pour le moment,

Chauve De Frauduleux

Chauve's Travel Log

So it's been a little while since you've heard from uncle Chauve. 4 years in fact. It's currently April 2023 and I'm still in HMS Wakefield. And I'll be here for the foreseeable. All I had left was six months but I broke a guard's jaw. So now I'm here for another while. Maybe. See I impressed some inmates with that punch. So they've given me a nickname: “Wilde”. I don't know if the ‘e’ is there for style or because the leader can't spell. Probably the latter but don't tell him I said that. Oh. Yeah, I forgot. You don't know what leader I'm talking about. I guess that's what happens when you don't update your travel log for four years. Your friend Chauve has joined a prison gang! And we could be getting out of here in the next few months, all going to plan. They've even named got a name. They call themselves “The Iron Fist”...

FCSochaux1516logo.png

FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

2033 YOUTH INTAKE

2033 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

A truly international intake this one as my best prospects are from extremely far-flung corners of the globe. In fact, just under half hail from somewhere other than France!

Key Prospects

Nkululeko Ntuti M/AMR/ST

Roberto Combe DRC/WBR

Lutho Duma DLC

How far will YOUR youth go: 2033?

Just how local are my intakes? We have top facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

• YP1: Nkululeko Ntuti was born in Chatsworth, South Africa. A monster 13,703 km away from our club, We seem to have gone big on Africans in the last two intakes, although I'm not sure why. Have to work on getting these guys French citizenships..
  • YP2: Roberto Combe was born in El Bolsón (RN), ArgentinaARGENTINA??? Are you messing with me? This guy is from a small town at the foot of a mountain. 12,563km away. This guy must have a good agent to get him to Europe.
  • YP3: Lutho Duma was born in Dendron, South AfricaAnother Saffa! This African agent sending us players must have deep pockets. This guy came from 12,171kms away!

We saw quite a few local area players (6) in this intake, but the sheer distance of the top three prospects and the other Saffa means that this is the most widely travelled group of them all. But spare a thought for Austrian goalkeeper Luca MorgensternDespite being born less than 1000km away in Floing, Austria, he had to travel through FOUR different countries to get to us (Austria, Germany, Switzerland and France)

FCSochaux1516logo.png

FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

2032/33 Season Review

If last season was good, this season was even better. I was determined to make my last season the best one possible and we started off badly, by losing the UEFA Super Cup to F.C Barcelona. Secondly, I wanted to get rid of our wretched record against Paris Saint-Germain. ONE WIN in over 20 games. We started that well, drawing 2-2 early on in the season, despite Ethan Lafitte being sent off. We also lost out to them on penalties in the Quarter Finals of the Coupe de la Ligue. However, a fantastic 3-1 win in Ligue 1 saw us break our hoodoo and we followed that up with a stunning 5-2 win in the Semi-Finals of the Coupe de France. That put us in the Final against Angers SCO and we ran out 5-2 winners to land my first piece of domestic silverware. Another wasn't far off in coming as we also finished 1st in Ligue 1 Conforama, some six points ahead of PSG. The only bloton the horizon was an awful thrashing by Manchester City in the second leg of the UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round, 2-7, to see us go out 5-8 on aggregate.

Final Table 

Results: 1¦2¦Cup¦CdL¦UCL

Stats

Review

Awards

Commercial Summary

Archived