I'm Andy by name, and I have always been a fan of football manager (mobile version). I've been playing this game for about 4 years now, and I believe the game is matured enough for proper updates. After purchasing the latest FM mobile, I noticed there wasn't much difference from the previous version. In fact, I still prefer playing the 2017 version.

I don't know how possible it is to get these updates in the future, but I would suggest my opinion on it. I don't see myself wasting my funds in the future for something that is unsatisfying. While playing the FM mobile 2018, I noticed some issues/updates which I thought you guys could work out about the game. 

Sometimes transfers don't get through even after agreements with both a player and a club. However, I only experienced this when I tried selling some of my players. The others went well, but one didn't go through as expected. I always received a message via inbox that the transfer of Sinclair can now be completed, but in the message there isn't any option to confirm the sale. The worst part is that the message kept coming repeatedly, I tried transfer listing him again but no clubs were bidding, I checked the player's status and it says (Looking forward to joining Westham). It has been like this for 2 seasons now, please if it could be fixed I would appreciate the developers effort on that.

SUGGESTED UPDATES:

1. There should be more media interactions, just like there are match conferences/interviews in real world football with coaches and key players giving their views on few questions, this is how it is in real world football. As a coach, I would like to also comment on players of other teams, and other coaches should be able to do so at my players as well. Much fun could be added when these features are included.

2. It feels boring when playing a game like this without sound. At least when a player scores, there's suppose to be a celebrating sound. This should also apply when my team wins a final or league. There should be congratulatory sound when you beat your toughest rival, it should also apply after a victory on a semifinal match. If I could make a suggestion towards that, I think the popular champions league music should be added plus a celebrating chant when a team wins the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE cup, while every other competitions can have a normal celebrating sound.

3. The developers should also add the most valuable/richest/best teams roaster at every season/year. There should be national teams ranking just like the FIFA world ranking.

Lastly, I wanna comment on some common complaints made by some fans, I've seen many people complaining about how difficult the game was to them and thereby rating down FM. To me, the harder the game the sweeter the fun. If the game was too easy for them, they all would still complain. It feels so nice looking for a solution to a difficult problem, that's where most of the fun lies upon. I once felt like them when I had difficulty winning matches, I understood that there were factors responsible for that. I took my time to try different tactics and also tried some players with a different role, and at last it worked out for me for that season! I started winning matches once again. 

What's more, even in real world football, bigger teams do get beaten by smaller teams at times, most especially when the bigger teams have some problems, like injuries, player morales, fatigue etc. So I don't see any reason why people complain about the game being difficult. Y'all also forgot you once fault/blame Mourinho, Guardiola, Wenger, Conte etc, over some disappointing results they had at a time. Unfortunately, this is how it is with those coaches. It isn't easy as they have to scrutinized their formations, tactics and squads to get the best of them.

Some others do complained about getting sacked by the board, I'm fully in support of the board. They have some requirements given to the manager for the season, and if the manager fails to get them what they want, then it shouldn't be any deal getting them sacked. I want the board to be more strict, although sometimes there should be considerations if maybe the manager deserves a second chance.

I really hope the developers see this and give in to my epistle on FM mobile.

Looking forward to a better update.

Regards,

Andy...

15 hours ago, Declan Barry said:

I totally disagree with sounds. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t have their device on mute at all times. Just seems a massive waste of device space when the game is already large compared to most apps.

At least now you've met someone who doesn't mute his device. This is football, it should be added. And when you don't like it, you're free to mute your device, it's as easy as that. We all mustn't like the same thing...

And as for your data space, a lot of us don't complain about that dude. I also think it should be possible to delete or deactivate sounds data for those who don't want it. But don't think your opinion should stop others from enjoying what they would love to see or hear. This is football!

Lastly, what other football manager game you think it's as branded as FMM? I don't think there is! FMM is worth the cap. Except if you're on a low mobile device....

49 minutes ago, Andy A Andy said:

At least now you've met someone who doesn't mute his device. This is football, it should be added. And when you don't like it, you're free to mute your device, it's as easy as that. We all mustn't like the same thing...

And as for your data space, a lot of us don't complain about that dude. I also think it should be possible to delete or deactivate sounds data for those who don't want it. But don't think your opinion should stop others from enjoying what they would love to see or hear. This is football!

Lastly, what other football manager game you think it's as branded as FMM? I don't think there is! FMM is worth the cap. Except if you're on a low mobile device....

What I'm saying is a lot of people on my Facebook Group have said they don't play with the sound on. While you would like it, in my opinion it's a waste of space when some people play on low end and low storage space devices. I agree with all your other suggestions though, but i personally wouldn't prioritise them over better player management, a transfer overhaul and improved media.

I agree there should be other priorities. The number 1 thing I want changes to is players moral and general happiness. They are never happy basically and cause problems too easily making it so frustrating to play at times. So many things that should improve their moral but don’t like signing a new contract, getting an international call up or doing really well in the league/cup/Europe to name few but if they play well for 10 games they’re soon enough to start having a tantrum. Also, like Declan mentioned, the transfer system needs a complete overhaul.

That being said though I did recently try a game on the iPad called Soccer Manager 2018 (because I was finding FMM18 too frustrating to play) and although it wasn’t a great game and I’ve deleted it already they did have amazing crowd chants and noises when the game was playing out. One match I was whooping a bigger team at their ground and I could hear crowds chants of ‘who are ya! Who are ya!’ and it definitely added to the atmosphere and enjoyingment so I wouldn’t say no to some good crowd chants and effects.

1 hour ago, Declan Barry said:

What I'm saying is a lot of people on my Facebook Group have said they don't play with the sound on. While you would like it, in my opinion it's a waste of space when some people play on low end and low storage space devices. I agree with all your other suggestions though, but i personally wouldn't prioritise them over better player management, a transfer overhaul and improved media.

Okay, it's nice how you've illustrated your thoughts concerning the point of discussion. Like I said previously, it should be possible to make those who don't want it or those with low mobile device run the game without sound. For example, I had once played FIFA ULTIMATE series on my android device, and to be sincere, it was well partitioned that you've to download the game rar-file and commentary speech separately. You can choose to or not to download the commentary speech which is more than 100mb of space.

And I totally agree with improving the media interactions and transfer dealings. I really hope the developers harken to this call. I love the game so much and I want more fun from it....

1 hour ago, WelshLen77 said:

I agree there should be other priorities. The number 1 thing I want changes to is players moral and general happiness. They are never happy basically and cause problems too easily making it so frustrating to play at times. So many things that should improve their moral but don’t like signing a new contract, getting an international call up or doing really well in the league/cup/Europe to name few but if they play well for 10 games they’re soon enough to start having a tantrum. Also, like Declan mentioned, the transfer system needs a complete overhaul.

That being said though I did recently try a game on the iPad called Soccer Manager 2018 (because I was finding FMM18 too frustrating to play) and although it wasn’t a great game and I’ve deleted it already they did have amazing crowd chants and noises when the game was playing out. One match I was whooping a bigger team at their ground and I could hear crowds chants of ‘who are ya! Who are ya!’ and it definitely added to the atmosphere and enjoyingment so I wouldn’t say no to some good crowd chants and effects.

I could imagine how you felt when you heard the fans chanting. To be sincere, these effects when added to a football game would add enough fun. Unfortunately FMM is so bad that when you score a goal it just don't give the flair of the normal football enjoyment one could have wished for. Now, I've concluded never to purchase any other versions if I noticed none of these effects were added...

Archived