Keeping your staff

Do you have any staff you try and take to every club you go to?,I have one scout, one coach and one U23's assistant manager who started my career with me and have now progressed 8 years together. Most recently to join the boys is the one and only Christian Ronaldo as assistant manager.

So do you have any you keep together?

I tend not to do journeyman saves, but if I remember rightly on my FM16 Lyon save I got offered the Leicester job. I saved it, then continued one where I took the job and one where I didn't. The latter stuck, but in the former I effectively gutted Lyon - anyone who wasn't a former Lyon player came with me to England, about 30 staff members in all. 

In that same save (the version where I stayed at Lyon) I'd hired Rui Pedro as my AM, then let him go in order to hire Bruno Genesio in his stead (they were about equal but hiring the guy I replaced as AM is fun), Laurent Blanc took Rui Pedro to PSG (weirdly for two teams fighting for the title for a decade, Blanc had me listed as a friend), then I took over Portugal and hired him as my AM there, so he was working for me during international breaks and against me for the rest of the season. When I won the Euros whilst PSG took a clean sweep of domestic trophies, Rui Pedro was therefore the most successful coach in Europe in terms of trophies accumulated that season. 

i did the same as Zlatanera, but leaving AS Dragon, a tahiti team, the oldest player was a GK that retired the same year i got a job from NZ, he had decent stats to be my reserve GK and model professional personality, so i hired him, but he wanted a player/coach contract, i said "why not?", after that season he retired and is now my assman while we dominate the oceanian football.

actually, the journeyman saves normally take the best coaches possible, normally the AI is crap selecting the coaches stats wise, so normally is good to get at least 1 or 2 of the staff from your former team so you can replace crap ones (why does man u have 4 GK Coaches in 2029 anyway?...)

Archived