Placing a inbox button with unread count in title bar

Gazza88

Ive downloaded a good amount of skins. I can only "see" light ones. White on black is more difficult for me to see than black on white. 

I like the look of the hidden sidebar but full text. I've managed to get flut skin to do this however I have no idea if I have unread messages or not. Is there a way to get the button to turn red if I have messages (I've got it set that it's not completely hidden) or is there a way to get another inbox button with counts into the title bar?

I've found the Milla skin which is easier one the eye for me but can't find how I enable hidden as the "client object browser.xml" is set out different to other skins. 

Anybody willing to help me out?

I've successfully done it but I'ts gone a bit weird. that gap at the top originally had next opponents in (I moved to the bottom just not sorted text colour out, 

1205124473_1stattempt.thumb.png.226e73713dd15c4df12ef6a6520a220d.png

So I attempted to find something that would extend the blue box up but found nothing obvious to me in either the "sidebar menu table.xml" or "client object browser.xml" except for a block of code 

<widget class="bordered_box" id="colm" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" red_replacement="dark accent" blue_replacement="black" />

I excluded the line using <!-- --> This "worked" to remove the box but now it's all transparent like:

1182575708_2ndattempt.thumb.png.0fa00b021b6c544abaf20d14fdfd9a12.png

What can I do to make the whole sidebar a single colour?

I'm quite enjoying this. Until I get stumped :)

EDIT: Further play has seen me figure out it's filled using "paper.png" Is there any resource where it's a solid colour? Every other on I tried has a strange pattern

yes it was the paper.png So I created my own and applied it and it's beautiful.

296654492_2018-06-05(3).thumb.png.0db89eebfc9ff53f85669deffac74314.png

By accident it changed to that colour and sorts the "next match" section out as well. 

Hello. On the unread count Icon. Is there any way of creating a 2nd inbox button and placing it in the titlebar? I've tried inserting the following code before the continue button in "titlebar.xml" and also next to background selector in "client object browser.xml" and both times an empty space is there with the tooltip "inbox" when I hover over it but it does nothing else. I tried using the instant result instruction but entering code for the inbox button instead of instant result. 

<container width="40">	

<translation id="hint" translation_id="257223" type="use" value="Inbox[COMMENT - quicklink icon hint]" />

<!-- news icon-->
									<widget class="picture" file="icons/sidebar/inbox" image_alignment="left" red_replacement="secondary">
										<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="2" />
									</widget>

<!-- the bit with the number of unread news (text) -->
									<widget class="button" id="ibic" height="20" width="20" size="10" alignment="centre_x, centre_y,can_scale" font="fonts/MyriadPro-LightCond" appearance="buttons/custom/interface/notification/button1" colour="secondary">
										<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0"/>
										<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="0"/>
										<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="mgru" set_property="text"/>
										<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="mgru" mode="0" value="0" set_property="hidn"/>
									</widget>
								</container>

All that code did was shown in the screenshot below. NOTE: the mouse pointer is hovering to the left of the number 4 (which is how many unread messages I have and does decrease when I read the message) so it looks like the button isn't working but the count is. Any ideas? 

1227588806_2018-06-05(7).thumb.png.c403529a987eb2a899bbdff1fa34e10c.png

Originally I wanted the whole button to change colour or move the unread to the right so I knew if I had any unread messages without needing to expand the side bar. If you llok at the left side of the screenshot I've got the side panel to stick out a little bit. 

Took a while but I've managed to get a fully functional inbox button with unread counter just to the left of the continue button. only problem I have now is it has messed up the other icons. Just copy and paste the following code and paste it and it should add a button for you. you can 

<container width="40">

<!-- news icon-->
  <widget class="Icon_button" alignment="centre" width="40" icon_alignment="centre" icon="icons/26px/inbox" appearance="buttons/custom/interface/fm/button">
    <record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="secondary" />
	<translation id="hint" translation_id="257223" type="use" value="Inbox[COMMENT - quicklink icon hint]" />
	<event id="click_event">
          <flags id="event_id" value="INBX" />
          <flags id="event_target" value="scrC" />
        </event>
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="0" />
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
  </widget>

<!-- the bit with the number of unread news (text) -->
  <widget class="button" id="ibic" height="20" width="20" size="7" alignment="centre_x, centre_y" appearance="buttons/custom/interface/notification/button" colour="black">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="1"/>
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="6"/>
    <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="mgru" set_property="text"/>
    <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="mgru" mode="0" value="0" set_property="hidn"/>
  </widget>

</container>

So now my page looks like this:

1970408377_2018-06-06(1).thumb.png.0931ef1bac9b4571226116588226dfac.png

And with the sidebar out

2018-06-06.thumb.png.596164d9c10330c0201b134d61575202.png

Archived