Is it possible for a team in la liga to get a barcelona or madrid budget?

Your transfer and wage budgets are decided by the board based on the club's finances- the only way to get them up is to be strong financially and have a very good bank balance.  It would be unlikely in my view that in the short or medium term you could match the budgets of the top two teams without using an editor

15 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Your transfer and wage budgets are decided by the board based on the club's finances- the only way to get them up is to be strong financially and have a very good bank balance.  It would be unlikely in my view that in the short or medium term you could match the budgets of the top two teams without using an editor

Is this because its la liga and not the premier league? This is very easy to do in the premier league.

If you were to bring consistent trophies into the club with high rewards, i.e.  the champions league, the bank balance would increase which would allow the board to finance high transfer budgets.  But you also need to have seriously high attendances.  Remember that Barcelona and Madrid bring in 80-90,000 fans per game which most other teams cannot. 

1 hour ago, FootballManager89 said:

Is this because its la liga and not the premier league? This is very easy to do in the premier league.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head there. I believe La Liga tv rights have changed slightly on this edition - Athletic didn't have their own personal deal when I managed them - but there's nothing like the riches of the PL.

1 hour ago, Pompeyboyz said:

If you were to bring consistent trophies into the club with high rewards, i.e.  the champions league, the bank balance would increase which would allow the board to finance high transfer budgets.  But you also need to have seriously high attendances.  Remember that Barcelona and Madrid bring in 80-90,000 fans per game which most other teams cannot. 

This. Also if you successfully establish a large scale human trafficking network a Chelsea-esque army of loanees who can be sold at a profit - but given your starting squad that's not feasible in the early goings either.

Archived