Am I Over or Under on Backroom Staff No.s??

Can someone explain the following to me please: in screenshot one you can see the board say I have 26 recruitment staff and want it reduced to 23. In the second screenshot you can see I've filled the spots to which I'm advised to have (even being 1 under on the scout to compensate for my hiring a DoF) and am not over on anything recruitment concerned if you were to scroll up the rest of the list. How can it be level on one screen but over on the other? Or does 'advised' mean "we probably don't want you filling the full quota"?

And what happens if I leave the 26 and don't reduce to 23? Do the board eventually intervene and sack a random 3, or does it just stay at 26 indefinitely? (I'm Man Utd, so there should be no budget issues for the staff costs).

Also: I notice you can ask the board for more staff (albeit only coaches and physios, not recruitment) - is this something you can only do once a season, or can you keep going back and asking every few months for more, even if they up the numbers?

Thanks.

fm1.png

fm2.png

You can often ask more than once per season. I'm not sure the actual timeline, but I usually explore this in transfer windows.  Typically it's "if it's there, you can ask for it." Once you ask for it, it's removed as an option for some amount of time.

At start of save with AC MIlan, board recommend 10 scouts, but 30 employed. Haven't touched the scouts at all, using them all, thinking it would be too expensive to mutually terminate 20 of them. Letting them go at end of contract, just have to be careful about which ones.

On 02/06/2018 at 06:26, Snorks said:

At start of save with AC MIlan, board recommend 10 scouts, but 30 employed. Haven't touched the scouts at all, using them all, thinking it would be too expensive to mutually terminate 20 of them. Letting them go at end of contract, just have to be careful about which ones.

Why would you let them go? I'd love to have 30 scouts. Unless they're not very good, I'd keep them (if you can afford that, obviously).

Archived