Liverpool FC

ElegantScoop

Liverpool FC - An Introduction

Having been an FM Handheld/Older versions of FM player since I was a small boy, it's time for me, Elegant Scoop, to dip my feet into a proper in depth Football Manager save.

I'm not a noob by any means, but various factors such as school, work, college, socializing etc. have put me off buying and playing the full computer version of the game and spending time developing tactics and all that goes with it. An injury to my right hand has put me out of work for 6 weeks and left me with time to do something, so FM18 it will be.

Liverpool FC, a team that I don't support. But, like many others, I love their fans, their style of football, and their love for the game. They've been a great team to watch since Brendan Rodgers took over and his successor Jurgen Klopp has continued this easy on the eye, exciting brand.

Elegant Scoop takes over the reigns at the start of the 2017/18 season. His approach mirrors that of his predecessors. Stellar signings such as Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk have been added to a young and exciting squad which is hungry for success. Can the rookie manager take Liverpool to the top? Let's find out...

Liverpool_FC_logo.png

Liverpool FC #1 - Pre-Season & Transfers

Liverpool_FC_logo.png.30f8c131e72cb335928e8a540e6a37ec.png

After being unveiled to the fans and press, Liverpool FC's rookie new manager Elegant Scoop began preparations for the season ahead. Having to bat off journalist and fans' doubts about his ability was tough, but he was ready. Scoop was looking to adopt a 4-3-3 formation with a DM and Wingers

Pre Season was decent, Scoop arranged a friendly tournament at Anfield which would be named the Profit Cup. He invited DortmundBayern, and PSG to take part.

Here's how it went:

623c234b0e26692bef6d6d1304c4f214.thumb.png.a9eecfc51abbf116b9b21221e9087557.png

So, a decent pre-season. The battering from PSG was tough, but a red card early in the game did not help matters. Good wins against Milan and Roma were important to get confidence back amongst the squad.

On to the Transfers. I was happy enough with our squad as it was, but after being given a transfer kitty of £112m, I was keen to strengthen. Despite having lots of good options in the middle of the park, I decided that a top quality Central Midfielder was what the team needed. After a small bidding war, Marco Verratti was signed for £81m. Good business? We'll have to find out. 

With most of the budget spent on the Italian, I decided to sell Simon Mignolet to Zenit for £15m. With KariusWard and Bogdan, I felt we had enough cover between the sticks.

This sale enabled us to spend another £40m, and we did just that. Nabil Fekir was signed from OL for £35m. A bargain in my eyes, and a solid rotation option. Against smaller teams I'm looking to play a 4-2-3-1, and Fekir would be our best option at AMC.

Here's the transfers in full:

2d94999e22e5ae1316f01ca1ae0d5934.thumb.png.5b4a54def9f65836efbde49f857fe900.png

Fixtures for next update:

594c02082acc14eaa93b4d7e1c496a8b.thumb.png.952f38629f655f1a06578827fc972184.png

So, a very tough start in the Premier League. A home game against Man City followed by a trip to Chelsea. Sandwiched in between is the key Champions League Playoff tie against Club Brugge. We finish the month with a home game against Rafa Benitez's Newcastle

A baptism of fire for the new manager. Can he handle the heat? August is next.

Archived